News:

Join our chat! - https://discord.gg/6vUfQnG

Main Menu

"The Last of Us"

Started by Marq, July 01, 2013, 10:31:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Marq

If you're not playing this, you are completely missing out on video gaming's equivalent to the "great American novel."

Graphics-wise, this game is top notch, and if you're an audio nerd like me, the sound design is fucking damn near perfect. The writing and acting is better than most Hollywood projects by a country mile, as well. Story-wise, it's one of the most emotionally-draining, "grown up" games with heart and brains that I've ever played, hands-down, and I'm only halfway through.

If you DO pick it up, PLAY IT ON "HARD" DIFFICULTY ON YOUR FIRST PLAYTHROUGH -- everything (and you'll know what I mean) will mean more and feel more authentic. You can't have a game about survival and breeze through on shitty enemy AI and plentiful supplies.

Anyway, prologue's here, if you're still not convinced how deep this game cuts to the bone. Spoilers ahead, good people:

The Last of Us Walkthrough Part 01 - Prologue
"Behind you, Primo! WATCH OUT!"

T-Bonizzle

Black Death

got to say that opening was awesome
"Asuka, gives you two thumbs up"

T-Bonizzle

[spoiler]Honestly the only thing that I felt was bad about the game was that they obviously set it up for a sequel. I don't feel like the resolution was a good one. It's a very strong game right until the end. The final battle is underwhelming, as I pretty much ran past it for the most part, not realizing this would be the finale. Especially since they introduced a new weapon during the sequence, I figured there was still more game to go. Overall its kinda a short game. Great storytelling, the characters are very gripping, but short and unresolved.[/spoiler]

Stoner

Well now I gotta get a PS3.  Sonuvabitch.

WiiU.

PS3.

THEN PS4.

In that order.

Quote[Today at 05:31:25 PM] JackHondo: If a zombie outbreak ever happened, Stonie would cut his arm off and replace it with a chainsaw.

Quote from: Ian "Wolfie" Trumps on July 23, 2015, 03:24:59 PM

Crazy Kyd

I agree. The Last of Us is amazing. The voice acting was some of the best I have heard in a long time. The graphics were damn good as well. I have a beat up SD TV and the textures still looked pretty real.

One thing that was awesome was the dialogue that Ellie would say while you were traveling, like not knowing how to whistle and stuff, gave life to the characters and made the situations more realistic. It also made certain parts more enjoyable.

As for the difficulty level, I thought normal was just fine for me. I absolutely hated one of the last parts where you had to face a ton of the clickers and bloaters or whatever they are called. It wasn't terribly difficult but I had no ammo for half of my weapons and a flamethrower. I eventually worked out a strategy where I threw two nail bombs near the exit and then just ran like hell.

I hope more and more cinematic games come out. I really enjoy them, even though they are pretty short.