News:

Check out our Site Partners!

80s Mania WrestlingDaShawns2cents on FacebookThe Efed PodcastESPN Sports SimsEWCThe Indy CornerMFX PodcastOld School WrestlingSLTD WrestlingWhat A Maneuver!Wrestleview.comWrestling Mayhem Show

Main Menu

YouTube/Internet connection help

Started by Cory, February 18, 2015, 09:53:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cory

Before it would only happen occasionally, but now every-time I upload a few videos in a row to YouTube, my internet will stop working during the uploads, meaning A) half the time if im uploading say 4 videos, only 2 will complete B) during the uploads of these videos my internet is unusable C) Internet works fine after I restart the router.

Whats going on here?

SUBSCRIBE TO MY GAMING CHANNEL ON YOUTUBE

Judge

You have a shitty router.  It can't handle that bandwidth or it crashes.  Try a new one.

Cory

Quote from: Judge on February 19, 2015, 06:38:58 AM
You have a shitty router.  It can't handle that bandwidth or it crashes.  Try a new one.

Alright cool, I'll look into upgrading. thanks Judge

Cory

Quote from: Judge on February 19, 2015, 06:38:58 AM

Alright I've had enough of this shit, every night I have to reset my router to get it to work after crashing, rinse and repeat. Anytime I upload a video to youtube it'll crash midway, crash after, or white uploading make every other device connectible. The same goes for downloading torrents, any time I have utorrent running my iphone/tablet cant/wont connect to my internet.

Judge can you / anyone recommend a good router that's not like $500?

Here is the one I have right now.

http://us.dlink.com/products/connect/wireless-n-gigabit-router/

Judge

I have an Airport Extreme AC which works wonderfully, and doesn't take much to configure to work, but it's not as customizable as others.  And before you ask, yes it works on Windows.  -- http://store.apple.com/us/product/ME918LL/A/airport-extreme

Get one of the new AC routers...Anything between $50-$100 should work well.  Top of the line routers run about $200 and have like 300 yard ranges, but you probably don't need that. -- http://www.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_sb_noss_1?url=search-alias%3Daps&field-keywords=802.11+ac+router

Also before you buy one, try running an ethernet cable between your computer and the router and see if it helps.  Might be worth a shot.  You definitely need a new one but it might help the immediate issue.

Judge

I go with Belkin or Linksys for good routers.  I guess D-Link makes good ones too.  I've been using Airport Extreme for a long time though so I haven't played around with any other routers.

Cory

Our ethernet cord for the router just plugs straight into the modem....should I have it go into the computer instead?

and thanks I saw a few of those AC ones on NewEgg.

FXBlade

I have never had issues with my routers, and they are only the free ones I get given through having broadband with a company.

I know certain ones can cause issues but not this much

Judge

Quote from: Cory on May 08, 2015, 11:47:08 AM
Our ethernet cord for the router just plugs straight into the modem....should I have it go into the computer instead?

No get another cable and run it from your computer to the router.  If you plug directly into the computer from the modem you'll give your computer AIDS.

That router isn't just giving you Wifi...it's also a NAT Firewall.