Quick Review of Sonic's Ultimate Genesis Collection

Started by Jon Tees, April 03, 2009, 04:27:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jon Tees

Pretty good compellation of classic Genesis games overall. But many games are hit or miss, either you enjoy them or you don’t and many seem irrelevant to you meaning if you weren’t playing them in their prime you really won’t get them.  The Genesis Sonic the Hedgehog collection and the Streets of Rage series alone are worth the price of the game. But games like Kid Chameleon and Echo the Dolphin will make you question what the game makers were thinking/smoking at the time. There are quite a few WTF games on here, not saying they are bad games but they'll cause you to question who came up with them.

I give it a 9/10. Many games look great in HD and others don’t, the side wide screen that’s hard to adjust so that you can see the entire screen and keep it looking good at the same time is a minus. Online play for some games would have been cool. I didn’t really see any sort of an option to do anything online other than perhaps compare scores for some games.

Don't Fall For Cheap Imitations And Knock Offs We Are The National Wrestling Federation Period.
http://www.thenationalwrestlingfederation.com

Bryan

one game i liked but never even thought about till this collection was dynamite headdy or whatever it's called- pretty fun game.

fantastic collection, though. streets of rage series is awesome, as well as the sonic games.

others like vectorman, ecco, and others...bleh.

Alex Smiley

The thing about Kid Chameleon is, it was sorta a parody of Super Mario Bros and other games. I think.

Man, I wish I had a decent system.

Quote from: JackHondo on October 24, 2012, 07:31:28 AM
You're right, Jesus is nicer. But Alex is a close second.

Jon Tees

Beyond Oasis has a striking similarity to Legend of Zelda: A Link to the past. The plotline involves the protagonist possessing something that’s golden and gives him power (The name of this item escapes me at the moment.) but the antagonist possesses a similar item that’s silver which he uses for the purposes of evil. Very similar to the triforce of power and the triforce of wisdom from the Zelda games. It’s also early sandbox in regard to the open world and side quest etc.

Don't Fall For Cheap Imitations And Knock Offs We Are The National Wrestling Federation Period.
http://www.thenationalwrestlingfederation.com

The Murph

Great game. I had the Sega collection on PS2 and this one blows it away. Also pretty cheapfor a new release. Worth a pick up for all old school fans and people questioning others when they say games arent as good as they used to be

Draeden

Bryan