News:

Check out our Site Partners!

80s Mania WrestlingDaShawns2cents on FacebookThe Efed PodcastESPN Sports SimsEWCThe Indy CornerMFX PodcastOld School WrestlingSLTD WrestlingWhat A Maneuver!Wrestleview.comWrestling Mayhem Show

Main Menu

2010 Bafta Game Awards.

Started by Duckman, March 21, 2010, 02:16:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Duckman

From bbcnews:

Batman: Arkham Asylum has been crowned best game at the Bafta 2010 awards.

The British developed title headed off strong competition from Uncharted 2: Among Thieves that led the nomination field before the ceremony.

The game, which sees the superhero tackle a series of old foes in the asylum setting, also picked up the Bafta award for best gameplay.

Despite not winning the best game award, Uncharted 2 did take four other awards including best action and story.

The Bafta awards is one of the biggest nights in the UK gaming calendar. The winners of 14 of the categories are chosen by industry figures.

One award, sponsored by high-street store Game, is chosen by gamers. As widely expected Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 took that title. The sales that Modern Warfare 2 racked up in 2009 made it the biggest selling game of all time.

Assassin's Creed II was nominated in a total of seven categories but managed to win none of them.

The video game Baftas also saw success for another British-developed title LittleBigPlanet. Originally created by Surrey-based Media Molecule, it won the best award for best handheld game. The portable version was produced by an in-house development team at Sony.

Left 4 Dead 2 took the award for best multiplayer game - the second year that the series has scooped that award.

2010 BAFTA WINNERS:

# Action - Uncharted 2
# Gameplay - Batman: Arkham Asylum
# Family and Social - Wii Sports Resort
# Sports - Fifa 10
# Story and Character - Uncharted 2
# Strategy - Empire: Total War
# Best use of Audio - Uncharted 2
# New Talent - Shrunk
# Multiplayer - Left 4 Dead 2
# Original Score - Uncharted 2
# Handheld - LittleBigPlanet
# Artistic Achievement - Flower
# Best Game - Batman: Arkham Asylum
# Use of Online - Fifa 10

The British Academy of Film and Television Arts (Bafta) awards recognise "artistic, creative and technical innovation in video games".

Bafta also presented a lifetime achievement Fellowship award to legendary game maker Shigeru Miyamoto, the man behind Super Mario, Donkey Kong, The Legend of Zelda and many more.

In 2009 the fellowship went to Nolan Bushnell, creator of some of the first video games and co-founder of Atari.

Bafta has been giving out awards to the games industry since 1998, although it only became a separate event in 2004.

Thoughts, comments, rants, opinions?

Peace

Duckman
Check out the MFX Podcast today!  http://www.marksforxcellence.com/?cat=1

Subscribe to MFX via Stitcher or Itunes.  Just search: Marks for Xcellence Podcast.

Black Death

pretty much agree with the awards given out
"Asuka, gives you two thumbs up"

Adam Wrong

Arkham was by far the best game and thoroughly deserved to win. Instantly playable, hugely enjoyable and even finding everything is fun.

Bryan

hmm, I only played Uncharted 2 for a bit but that's the game that's gotten a bunch of awards for game of the year, so kind of shocked to see Batman nab one. Though on the other hand it was one of my favorite games last year so I really shouldn't be (Dragon Age was fun as hell too)

! JDM The Professional !

Surprised that Left for Dead 2 got best multiplayer.... Borderlands is 1000 times better in my eyes.

Regards,

JDM

How happy is the blameless vestal's lot! The world forgetting, by the world forgot the eternal sunshine of the spotless mind! Each prayer accepted, and each wish resigned.

Quote from: Kise on February 29, 2012, 01:42:01 AM
Shake and bake, JDM! S-n-B!

!JDM'S Top Ten Movies of all Time!
1. Leon the Professional
2. American Beauty
3. Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless mind
4. The Big Lebowskie
5. There will be blood
6. A Clockwork Orange
7. Once upon a time in the West
8. The Proposition
9. Reservoir Dogs
10. Taxi Driver

Gary

Man as big of a Batman fan that I am.. I cant believe i havent played Arkham.

[/center]

Quote from: jagilki on October 11, 2011, 05:21:41 PM
Midas would chop off his Penis if he thought it would win him a Mafia game.

Adam Wrong

you need it in your life - fucking awesome game

Bryan

Quote from: Gary on May 03, 2010, 12:42:41 PM
Man as big of a Batman fan that I am.. I cant believe i havent played Arkham.

play it!