News:

Join our chat! - https://discord.gg/6vUfQnG

Main Menu

Started by ., August 12, 2010, 01:55:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hondo

Quote from: Speedy on August 12, 2010, 08:09:50 PM
I'm sorry but people in sports games don't count as characters.

1. They obviously don't count because they are pixellated characters in a video game, right? ;)

2. Tecmo Bowl Bo Jackson transcends the traditional "sports" character because of his sheer dominance. The programmers were just a bit too generous with his abilities and he went on to be unstoppable.

"Just do the best you can with whatever gift God has given you, whatever intellect you have. Use it. Be good while you're doing it. Love your neighbor. Love the One that created you. Enjoy the cosmos. And rock on." - Phil Robertson of Duck Dynasty

Jennifer

More because they're depictions of real life people the vast majority of the time and sports games don't exactly give a lot of scope for given players or w/e to have a personality. Characters are creations - like Mario or Sonic, not real people that are in games.

Quote from: Mike Flips"Certainly officer...but first, we have two men here trespassing. Also I was assaulted moments ago by a man who might have had a sister I might have had sex with. Can we please arrest said man for Disturbing The Peace-opoly or something..."

Ian "Wolfie" Trumps

Quote from: JackHondo on August 12, 2010, 02:13:46 PM
Surely he's not better than Tecmo Bowl Bo Jackson.

Just for the record my friend it was Tecmo Superbowl the sequel and Ian's all time favourite game

it was also dubbed 'Tecmo Bo'

Lets also not forget Jackson will have appeared in a ton of baseball, football related games and also had Bo Jackson;s Baseball, Bo Jackson's Hit and Run which was a double game.

I am a massive Bo Jackson fan....and here for my buddy Hondo is a little stroll down memory lane...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8PBvOxicz-0
'Check out MFX - www.mfxpodcast.com'

Hondo

"Just do the best you can with whatever gift God has given you, whatever intellect you have. Use it. Be good while you're doing it. Love your neighbor. Love the One that created you. Enjoy the cosmos. And rock on." - Phil Robertson of Duck Dynasty

Jonny Worldbeater

Quote from: AlexK on August 13, 2010, 09:26:10 PMNever understood how he could eat ghosts...ectoplasm? Ew.

Obviously the power pellets distort reality and turn the ghosts into corporeal form, and being high on psychotropic drugs and being chased around a sadistic labyrinth by spectres trying to steal his soul, Pacman's obvious response to this is to hunt down and cannibalise his tormentors out of a sense of retributive and poetic justice.

Or maybe it's just because it's a game.

Alex Smiley

Quote from: Jonny Worldbeater on August 19, 2010, 09:55:31 PM
Obviously the power pellets distort reality and turn the ghosts into corporeal form, and being high on psychotropic drugs and being chased around a sadistic labyrinth by spectres trying to steal his soul, Pacman's obvious response to this is to hunt down and cannibalise his tormentors out of a sense of retributive and poetic justice.

Or maybe it's just because it's a game.

Thank goodness for that last sentence, I thought you were Cliff for a second there. ;)

Quote from: JackHondo on October 24, 2012, 07:31:28 AM
You're right, Jesus is nicer. But Alex is a close second.