News:

Join our chat! - https://discord.gg/6vUfQnG

Main Menu

THE THREAD WHERE OOC STUFF GOES

Started by Hondo, November 17, 2014, 01:41:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

GM Franchise

You didn't post my scenario that I submitted.
Quote from: Trumpers on July 25, 2012, 01:46:54 PM
James, everytime you post in the OOC your perception of "yourself" is just as apparently off key 'in game' as GM Franchise as it is 'out of game' as yourself lol.
Quote from: Mike Powers on May 22, 2012, 06:44:25 PM
Now I know how Franchise feels every game.  Speak your mind and you get singled out for it.
Quote[Nov 30 21:22:23] Trumpers:you have literally assembled one of the worst teams possible

Hondo

You also didnt read the scenario.

Or the voting thread for that matter.

;)

"Just do the best you can with whatever gift God has given you, whatever intellect you have. Use it. Be good while you're doing it. Love your neighbor. Love the One that created you. Enjoy the cosmos. And rock on." - Phil Robertson of Duck Dynasty

Tritch

Not trying to be a dick and get people eliminated, but since you didn't let Josh's in for using someone not contracted... Kurt Angle isn't signed to TNA anymore either.

Best Town Player - 2008
2nd-Best Overall Player - 2008
2nd-Best Moderator - 2008
Best Third Party Player - 2010
2nd-Best Use of a Night Action - 2010
Best Game (Batman: Arkham City) - 2012
Best Moderator - 2012
2nd-Best Third Party - 2012
Best Game (Batman: Wayne Penitentiary) - 2013
Best Moderator - 2013
2nd-Best Town Player - 2014
2nd-Best Scum Player - 2015
2nd-Best Moderator - 2016
Best Game (The Conjunction: Episode 1) - 2016

Mike Powers

Quote from: Tritch on December 01, 2014, 10:15:00 PM
Not trying to be a dick and get people eliminated, but since you didn't let Josh's in for using someone not contracted... Kurt Angle isn't signed to TNA anymore either.

Official TNA Roster, via TNA's official website:

http://www.impactwrestling.com/roster/Wrestler-Roster

Tritch

Best Town Player - 2008
Best Moderator - 2012
Best Moderator - 2013

GM Franchise

Quote from: Trumpers on July 25, 2012, 01:46:54 PM
James, everytime you post in the OOC your perception of "yourself" is just as apparently off key 'in game' as GM Franchise as it is 'out of game' as yourself lol.
Quote from: Mike Powers on May 22, 2012, 06:44:25 PM
Now I know how Franchise feels every game.  Speak your mind and you get singled out for it.
Quote[Nov 30 21:22:23] Trumpers:you have literally assembled one of the worst teams possible

BamBamBunglow

Quote from: Hondo on December 01, 2014, 08:57:17 PM
Now you've seen how both a regular forum posting vote and a blind vote take place.

Which do you folks prefer?

While it's more work for you dude, I'd prefer a mix - we send it to you, you post it up as soon as you can. A dead week is a wee bit boring for me, I like to read other peoples stuff before deadline. This way it's still anon, but there's no 5-7 day dark boards.It also helps avoid duplication - there's at least one other scenario which is identical to my idea :)

Just my thought :)

Duckman

I like the idea of not knowing who wrote what.  Takes away any chance of voting for your buddies, or not voting for people you don't like.

I don't think we'll be able to completely elimination duplication, because to be honest wrestling booking should be quite simple and straight forward and most of the basic ideas are the ones that always work the best.

The main lesson I've taken from the 1st two rounds is everyone HAS to read everything carefully.  This game is about taking a set of instructions, putting your own spin on them, and producing something.  The main point is taking the set of instructions and following them.  You don't want to get DQed if it's avoidable by taking some time and reading everything.

Also Hondo, I've seen with these kind of games that the work can build up quickly.  So if you're stuck for time, or there's too much to do, let us know and we can get someone to help out.

Other than that, I'm having a lot of fun with this, coming up with stuff and also seeing how everyone else tackles the same brief.  It's pretty damn cool!
Check out the MFX Podcast today!  http://www.marksforxcellence.com/?cat=1

Subscribe to MFX via Stitcher or Itunes.  Just search: Marks for Xcellence Podcast.

BamBamBunglow

I get where you're coming from on duplication - to be hoenst I'm REALLY surprised more people didn't go for the Kurt Angle one - it was the first thing that popped into my mind. Perhaps paranoia of "Crap, everyone's gonna do this!" kicks in.

Also, random, very surprised no one pulled Roode O.o

And just to Echo... yeah, Hondo, this game's great mate :)

Stoner

Quote from: Bungle on December 02, 2014, 09:28:39 AM
I get where you're coming from on duplication - to be hoenst I'm REALLY surprised more people didn't go for the Kurt Angle one - it was the first thing that popped into my mind. Perhaps paranoia of "Crap, everyone's gonna do this!" kicks in.

Also, random, very surprised no one pulled Roode O.o

And just to Echo... yeah, Hondo, this game's great mate :)

Roode was the one I was going to do originally.  Figured a few of you guys would do it and wanted to do one I knew no one would go for.

Quote[Today at 05:31:25 PM] JackHondo: If a zombie outbreak ever happened, Stonie would cut his arm off and replace it with a chainsaw.

Quote from: Ian "Wolfie" Trumps on July 23, 2015, 03:24:59 PM

Tritch

Yeah it was difficult for me to choose. There are a lot of guys in TNA I think could thrive in WWE, but ultimately with this being all about the "surprise" factor I thought it would be best to utilize someone the entire WWE universe would know about by bringing back someone who used to be on the roster. As much as I love guys like EY, Joe, Roode, etc., a lot of the WWE crowd wouldn't know who they were and thus it would just be a normal debut rather than a "holy shit it's ...!!!!!"

So then it came down to choosing the right WWE dropout. Considered Angle but he's not in TNA anymore, wanted to do Bubba but he's not in TNA anymore either, considered Jeff but he's switched back and forth so many times I didn't think it'd be much of a surprise. Didn't leave many options haha.

Best Town Player - 2008
Best Moderator - 2012
Best Moderator - 2013

J-Reb

Been a terrible few weeks for me - any chance I can still get in on this?

Hondo

Why yeah. Season hasn't started yet anyway.

"Just do the best you can with whatever gift God has given you, whatever intellect you have. Use it. Be good while you're doing it. Love your neighbor. Love the One that created you. Enjoy the cosmos. And rock on." - Phil Robertson of Duck Dynasty

J-Reb

The char thread is locked - that's only reason I asked!

Hondo

Ah, didnt realize it was locked. It's unlocked now though.