News:

Check out our Site Partners!

80s Mania WrestlingDaShawns2cents on FacebookThe Efed PodcastESPN Sports SimsEWCThe Indy CornerMFX PodcastOld School WrestlingSLTD WrestlingWhat A Maneuver!Wrestleview.comWrestling Mayhem Show

Main Menu

James Raven vs Rayne Young

Started by Alex Smiley, December 17, 2018, 01:28:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Alex Smiley

Reminder:

- Word limit for Group Stage matches is 1500.
- 1 RP per wrestler per match.
- Deadline: December 30, 2018, at 11:59PM Pacific.

Quote from: JackHondo on October 24, 2012, 07:31:28 AM
You're right, Jesus is nicer. But Alex is a close second.

The Raven

"... which leaves James Raven, the hometown favorite and 'Peoples G.O.A.T.', to face off with the xWo staple Rayne Young! If Raven is able to get past Young he'll find himself in a showdown against Lisa Seldon with a chance to punch his ticket to the tournament finals! ..."

The broadcasters voice drifts from the television to our table across the diner. The two men at my table glance at me from the corners of their eyes as they eat their breakfasts and listen to the analysis. The first, XWF and TWC Hall of Famer Big Shank, spears a stack of pancakes with a fork and jams them into his mouth, syrup dripping into his beard as he stares at the screen in the corner. The second man, my longtime agent Jeremy Silver, absently swirls a triangle of rye toast through the remnants of his egg yolk as he shakes his head disapprovingly.

SILVER: The levels of disrespect are absolutely astounding.

BIG SHANK: What the hell are you talking about?

SILVER: The media! "IF" Raven is able to get past Rayne Young? "A CHANCE" to advance to the tournament finals?!

BIG SHANK: I'm not seeing the problem.

Jeremy stares at Shank, eyes overflowing with intensity.

SILVER: Then you're a goddamned mouth breathing dummy.

Shank smiles as Jeremy continues to stare at him in disgust. They both glance at me to gauge my response, but I'm staying neutral. Jeremy presses on.

SILVER: How about "WHEN" Raven destroys Young? How about the fact that he WILL beat Lisa Seldon and stroll into the Finals with less wear and tear than anyone?! You saw Aidan go to war with Sewaside, and you've seen the fighters in group A beat each other to a bunch of stalemates! Raven is going to stroll in there at 3-0 and shock the so called Experts, and the media in his own city is trying to shortchange him!

Jeremy slaps the table with the palm of his hand, the coffee mugs clattering lightly.

BIG SHANK: Would you relax? Christ! It's morning news, not an industry predictions show! The girl is reading off a damned teleprompter, she has no idea who Rayne Young or Lisa Seldon are. Hell, I've been in the sport for 15 years and I don't know who the hell they are.

Jeremy recognizes an argument that he wont win and defers.

SILVER: Whatever. I'd like to see a little more respect, that's all.

BIG SHANK: It's cute how protective you are over Raven, really. He can handle fair reporting. He's not some fragile little bird.

They both glance at me, but still I say nothing. I take a deep sip of orange juice and stare at the television screen from a distance.

SILVER: Good job, James. Don't take this guys bait. He wants to try and lure you into some big promo about how you're under appreciated and disrespected. He wants you to rant and rave about how The Experts count you out and how Rayne Young couldn't carry your gym bag. Don't stoop to his level! Don't indulge him with facts about how Rayne Young can't be bothered to do anything more than post photos of his girlfriend on social media and call that mat promotion! Don't point out that since finding out six weeks ago that he'd have to find a way to beat the People's G.O.A.T. in Toronto, he hasn't bothered to show his face at any lead up events!

Shank rolls his eyes.

BIG SHANK: Yeah, we wouldn't want to go into any of that.

SILVER: Shut up.

BIG SHANK: Make me.

SILVER: I'm good.

They smile at each other, then glance at me in unison yet again.

BIG SHANK: Come on. You're way too quiet. Nothing to add? No confident predictions? Nothing arrogant, even?

I shrug my shoulders, knowing they have the bases pretty well covered. I'm confident against Young, and Lisa is a challenge I look forward to taking on. What more is there to say?

RAVEN: Check, please!

The waitress nods from across the diner.

FADE
TO
BLACK