News:

Check out our Site Partners!

80s Mania WrestlingDaShawns2cents on FacebookThe Efed PodcastESPN Sports SimsEWCThe Indy CornerMFX PodcastOld School WrestlingSLTD WrestlingWhat A Maneuver!Wrestleview.comWrestling Mayhem Show

Main Menu

"Bill and Ted 3"

Started by Fnord, August 14, 2012, 09:56:16 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Fnord

We already know that Keanu Reeves and Alex Winter have been developing a third "Bill and Ted" installment. Original "Bill and Ted" creators Ed Solomon and Chris Matheson have been writing the script and now comes word that the new movie has a director.

NY Mag has learned that Dean Parisot (RED 2, Fun with Dick and Jane, Galaxy Quest) is in talks to direct. The plan is to make a sequel for the price of a comedy like "Hot Tub Time Machine," which cost $36 million.

MGM owns the rights to the franchise, but is not willing to finance the entire budget. As a result, the project is being shopped around to other studios. But even if all the money is raised, "Bill and Ted 3" will still have to wait for Parisot to finish shooting the upcoming "RED" sequel, which goes into production this spring.

Source: NY Mag

Read more: http://www.worstpreviews.com/headline.php?id=25745&count=0#ixzz23WqCmmNC

Quote[Today at 12:56:15 PM] Duckman: Fnording=the act of not realising something very obvious 
Quote from: AlexK on July 25, 2010, 12:23:31 AMI love you, Fnord.

Fnord

It was just announced that Dean Parisot (RED 2, Fun with Dick and Jane, Galaxy Quest) has signed on to direct the third "Bill and Ted" film. And now, in an interview with GQ magazine, Keanu Reeves has offered a few plot details.

"One of the plot points is that these two people have been crushed by the responsibility of having to write the greatest song ever written and to change the world," he explained. "And they haven't done it. So everybody is kind of like: 'Where is the song?; The guys have just drifted off into esoterica and lost their rock."

Reeves continued: "And we go on this expedition, go into the future to find out if we wrote the song, and one future 'us' refuses to tell us, and another future 'us' blames us for their lives because we didn't write the song, so they're living this terrible life. In one version we're in jail; in another we're at some kind of highway motel and they hate us."

Source: GQ

Quote[Today at 12:56:15 PM] Duckman: Fnording=the act of not realising something very obvious 

Black Death

well ... going to have to recast Rufus ... with George Carlin's' death ... that sucks . 

"Asuka, gives you two thumbs up"

Fnord

Yeah, I don't know what they'd do there.  You can't just replace Rufus!

The Janitor

i'd say in the alternate future they wouldn't know Rufus, so they could get round it that way. But the end... yeah, be tricky

Apart from that i'm really looking forward to it, not enough mindless comedy getting sequels, especially one as loved as this. Should be awesome

Black Death

get the feeling that this should have been made like 6 -7 years ago ... but I love the first two movies ... so I will give it a shot
"Asuka, gives you two thumbs up"