News:

Check out our Site Partners!

80s Mania WrestlingDaShawns2cents on FacebookThe Efed PodcastESPN Sports SimsEWCThe Indy CornerMFX PodcastOld School WrestlingSLTD WrestlingWhat A Maneuver!Wrestleview.comWrestling Mayhem Show

Main Menu

"The Avengers" Sequel

Started by Fnord, March 08, 2013, 11:50:40 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Fnord

Which Superheroes Won't Return for "The Avengers" Sequel?

Marvel head Kevin Feige spoke to SFX magazine, stating that the superhero films will enter the world of magic with a "Doctor Strange" movie, but he refused to confirm that the film is in development.

"If and when we enter the magic arena, it will be through Doctor Strange. And that's to me what's exciting about Doctor Strange," he said, adding that Marvel will attempt to bring popular characters to life, even if it seems risky. "We had Thanos sitting on a throne at the end of 'Avengers,' we got Malekith in 'Thor,' we've got Falcon in 'Cap 2.' We always take our cues from the most successful elements of the comics."

Feige went on to confirm that fans can expect new superheroes to join the team in "The Avengers" sequel. "I think it's not a secret that Joss [Whedon] and I and all of us at Marvel think that part of the fun of 'Avengers' is the rotating team."

It's safe to say that Captain America, Thor, Iron Man and Hulk will return for "The Avengers 2." Ant-Man and The Wasp will be introduced, since Ant-Man's solo film will soon follow. That means Black Widow and Hawkeye will likely be replaced, especially since Marvel also has to squeeze in some of the "Guardians of the Galaxy" characters.

Source: SFX, PeliBlog.com

Quote[Today at 12:56:15 PM] Duckman: Fnording=the act of not realising something very obvious 
Quote from: AlexK on July 25, 2010, 12:23:31 AMI love you, Fnord.

Fnord

Quicksilver and The Scarlet Witch to Appear in "The Avengers" Sequel?

During the "Iron Man 3" premiere, Joss Whedon appeared on the red carpet and was answering questions about "The Avengers 2," hinting at which new characters will appear in the sequel.

"I have actually finished a draft, we're in a very good place," he said. "I've got these two characters, two of my favorite characters from the comic book, a brother-sister act. They're in the movie."

The only known brother/sister duo from "The Avengers" comic books are Quicksilver and The Scarlet Witch. At first, they are mutant villains under the control of Magneto, but are later recruited to join The Avengers under Captain America.

Marvel head Kevin Feige spoke about the characters last year, saying that the rights to the superheroes are not clear. "If [20th Century Fox] wants to use them in the 'X-Men' movies they could, if we want to use them in the 'Avengers' movie we could," he explained.

Source: Yahoo!

Quote[Today at 12:56:15 PM] Duckman: Fnording=the act of not realising something very obvious 

Fnord

Last year, Marvel head Kevin Feige spoke about the introduction of Thanos in "The Avengers" post-credits scene, stating that fans shouldn't expect for the character to be just another villain.

"There's a purpose to us putting him in the end of that movie. We do have plans for him," he explained. "I wouldn't say we ever feel the need to rush anything. I see us doing what's right for each individual movie, while folding in elements that will not only build up to the culmination of Phase Two, but even Phase Three."

Joss Whedon has now commented on Thanos as well, hinting that the character will show up in "The Avengers 2," but the final battle with the villain will likely be saved for "The Avengers 3."

"[Thanos] is so powerful. He is not someone you can just trot out and then punch him," he explained. "Like [Thanos] did in the comics, you want him threading through the universe and to save the big finale for the big finale. He is definitely a big part of what I've got going on."

Whedon continued: "The thing about The Avengers is that they are very powerful but not very stable. So, there will definitely be some people who will shake them up in the next installment."

Source: Desde Hollywood