News:

Check out our Site Partners!

80s Mania WrestlingDaShawns2cents on FacebookThe Efed PodcastESPN Sports SimsEWCThe Indy CornerMFX PodcastOld School WrestlingSLTD WrestlingWhat A Maneuver!Wrestleview.comWrestling Mayhem Show

Main Menu

"Avatar" News and Rumors

Started by Fnord, August 02, 2013, 12:23:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Fnord

We just reported that James Cameron hired Josh Friedman (War of the Worlds) to help him re-write the script for "Avatar 2." And now comes word from 20th Century Fox, the director is making bigger plans for the franchise.

It was initially reported that Cameron will direct "Avatar 2" and "Avatar 3" back-to-back, but now the plan has expanded to include "Avatar 4." And in addition to Friedman, the helmer also hired Rick Jaffa and Amanda Silver (Rise of the Planet of the Apes), and Shane Salerno (Savages) to collaborated with him on the screenplays for the next three installments.

All three will be filmed simultaneously with production set to begin next year. The release of "Avatar 2" is now set for December 2016. "Avatar 3" will follow in December 2017, and "Avatar 4" in December 2018.

"Building upon the world we created with 'Avatar' has been a rare and incredibly rewarding experience," said Cameron. "In writing the new films, I've come to realize that Avatar's world, story and characters have become even richer than I anticipated, and it became apparent that two films would not be enough to capture everything I wanted to put on screen. And to help me continue to expand this universe, I'm pleased to bring aboard Amanda, Rick, Shane and Josh -- all writers I've long admired -­ to join me in completing the films screenplays."

"Avatar" is the highest-grossing film of all time, and is also the top-selling Blu-ray disc of all time.

Source: 20th Century Fox

Quote[Today at 12:56:15 PM] Duckman: Fnording=the act of not realising something very obvious 
Quote from: AlexK on July 25, 2010, 12:23:31 AMI love you, Fnord.

Fnord

Arnold Schwarzenegger is the Villain in "Avatar 2"?

James Cameron previously said that humans will return in "Avatar 2," and now we may know which actor will be the main villain in the sequel. According to LatinoReview, Cameron cast Arnold Schwarzenegger in the role. The two have previously worked together on "Terminator," "Terminator 2" and "True Lies."

Since this news comes from LatinoReview, this should be considered a big rumor. The site very rarely gets anything right and many believe that it get its news reports from other rumors, rather than actual sources.

And there are plenty of other rumors. Schwarzenegger has stated numerous times that he would love to work with Cameron again. And Cameron would love to work with Schwarzenegger. Plus, the two visited a rain forest in Brazil in 2011, the same forest that Cameron plans to take "Avatar 2" cast-member to.

At this point, all we know for sure is that "Avatar 2" will introduce us to the oceans of Pandora and that Sam Worthington, Zoe Saldana and Sigourney Weaver will all reprise their roles.

Source: Latino-Review

Quote[Today at 12:56:15 PM] Duckman: Fnording=the act of not realising something very obvious 
Quote from: AlexK on July 25, 2010, 12:23:31 AMI love you, Fnord.

jagilki

People actually want an "Avatar 2"?

Black Death

Quote from: jagilki on September 20, 2013, 05:54:31 PM
People actually want an "Avatar 2"?

they do , it made over a billion dollars world wide ... studios going to ride this bitch until the wheels fall off
"Asuka, gives you two thumbs up"

skelly

Thats what I would do... If I made a move that made that much money, I'd rape the shit out of the idea until they stopped paying me...

GM Franchise

So Arnold has gone from being Quaid to becoming Cohagen?
Quote from: Trumpers on July 25, 2012, 01:46:54 PM
James, everytime you post in the OOC your perception of "yourself" is just as apparently off key 'in game' as GM Franchise as it is 'out of game' as yourself lol.
Quote from: Mike Powers on May 22, 2012, 06:44:25 PM
Now I know how Franchise feels every game.  Speak your mind and you get singled out for it.
Quote[Nov 30 21:22:23] Trumpers:you have literally assembled one of the worst teams possible