News:

Check out our Site Partners!

80s Mania WrestlingDaShawns2cents on FacebookThe Efed PodcastESPN Sports SimsEWCThe Indy CornerMFX PodcastOld School WrestlingSLTD WrestlingWhat A Maneuver!Wrestleview.comWrestling Mayhem Show

Main Menu

"Batman vs Superman" News & Rumors

Started by Fnord, September 20, 2013, 05:16:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Fnord

After Warner Bros announced that Ben Affleck will play Batman in "Batman vs Superman," the sequel to "Man of Steel 2," everyone immediately commented on the casting news, including Matt Damon, Michael Keaton, Val Kilmer, and George Clooney.

Now that Affleck is promoting "Runner Runner," he appeared on "Late Night with Jimmy Fallon" and spoke about playing the popular superhero. "It's so awesome, I'm so excited," he said. "They called me up and said 'do you want to do this', and I'm like, 'I'm not a 25 man are you sure?' So they said to come down and we'll show you what we're doing, and it was incredible."

Affleck continued: "Zack [Snyder] has this incredible take on it.. obviously we can't do what Christian [Bale] did, those movies are amazing, so he wants to do something different but still in keeping with that. So I thought... this is a brilliant way to do this, and I really know how to hook into this."

Source: Batman-News

Quote[Today at 12:56:15 PM] Duckman: Fnording=the act of not realising something very obvious 
Quote from: AlexK on July 25, 2010, 12:23:31 AMI love you, Fnord.

Black Death

you know I had a chance to think about this for a while ... going to give him  a chance because his is a life long batman fan and I think he going to do his best to stay true to the part.

problem I have is the movie itself ... have a bad feeling it might not be good... because you have both characters of great stature ... are they going to share screen time ... who the focus of the movie ... it a Superman follow up , but there borrowing from a Batman story.

Who are the villains? that is my concerns about this movie

"Asuka, gives you two thumbs up"

Fnord

Quote[Today at 12:56:15 PM] Duckman: Fnording=the act of not realising something very obvious 

Black Death

Now that I am down with

he   has the chops to add depth to Lex Luthor

skelly

The thing is, we are ALL going to give Affleck a chance because he IS cast and that is the end of the discussion... I am more so REALLY worried about who they want to play Robin :-\

Black Death

robin should not  be in the movie ... if he is ... it a cameo at best .

maybe Batman and Superman talking in the batcave ... robin rolls up and stop and looks at Supes ... as superman files off ...  that should be the robin scene

Rob

SixersEagles

[/center]

GM Franchise

I'm more interested in seeing what they do with Luthor in this movie than Batman all things considered.
Quote from: Trumpers on July 25, 2012, 01:46:54 PM
James, everytime you post in the OOC your perception of "yourself" is just as apparently off key 'in game' as GM Franchise as it is 'out of game' as yourself lol.
Quote from: Mike Powers on May 22, 2012, 06:44:25 PM
Now I know how Franchise feels every game.  Speak your mind and you get singled out for it.
Quote[Nov 30 21:22:23] Trumpers:you have literally assembled one of the worst teams possible

Jon

GM of the Queen City Conquerors

Fnord

Larry David in Talks to Play Villainous Mr. Mxyzptlk in "Batman vs Superman"?

Radar Online has learned that Larry David is in talks to join the upcoming "Batman vs Superman" film and that Batman actor Ben Affleck is strongly encouraging him to accept the offer.

According to the site, David would play Mr. Mxyzptlk, a prankster who is not limited by physical laws and uses that ability to torment Superman as well as Metropolis.

This wouldn't be the first time that the actor has been pursued by a studio for a big budget superhero film. At one point, Sam Raimi wanted David for his "Spider-Man" sequel. But since David is close friends with Affleck, this may be an opportunity he won't pass by.

Source: Radar Online

Chris Shields

Quote from: Fnord on October 10, 2013, 10:46:44 AM
Larry David in Talks to Play Villainous Mr. Mxyzptlk in "Batman vs Superman"?

Radar Online has learned that Larry David is in talks to join the upcoming "Batman vs Superman" film and that Batman actor Ben Affleck is strongly encouraging him to accept the offer.

According to the site, David would play Mr. Mxyzptlk, a prankster who is not limited by physical laws and uses that ability to torment Superman as well as Metropolis.

This wouldn't be the first time that the actor has been pursued by a studio for a big budget superhero film. At one point, Sam Raimi wanted David for his "Spider-Man" sequel. But since David is close friends with Affleck, this may be an opportunity he won't pass by.

Source: Radar Online
Mr. Mxyzpltk is a cool character, but he is nowhere near well known enough to be a villain in a blockbuster. The only way it works is if Lex Luther somehow brought him to Metropolis to mess with Superman, it backfires on him, Superman stops him in say the first 30 -45 minutes and becomes an even bigger hero to the people. Then, that gives Luthor reason to try and destroy him, and you can add in Batman trying to help Superman find out where the hell Mr. Mxyzpltk came from, who the hell brought him to Metropolis, and then helping out because Luthor has the kryptonite. they finish him off, and the final scene is Batman taking a piece of the kryptonite and starting his file on Superman.

Kieran King

This sounds like they're trying to fit WAY too much into one movie. Kinda like Spider-Man 3 all over again...

Fnord

Henry Cavill Wants Cyborg In His Man Of Steel Universe

Man of Steel - HD 'Henry Cavill on DC Universe References'

Man of Steel star Henry Cavill continues to dish out interesting asides as part of the DVD extras that fans are coming through. Sites picked up and ran with his opinions on Ben Affleck as Batman (spoiler alert – he thinks Affleck will be great). And in this revealing interview shared on Warner's UK YouTube page, the new Superman hints at other DC Universe heroes who might be pulled in to an eventual Justice League movie thanks, in part, to Easter eggs buried in Zack Snyder's film.

We already knew about the obvious nods to Wayne Enterprises and LexCorp, with Batman's corporate trademark resting on the side of a satellite. But eagle-eye Man of Steel viewers probably picked up on the inclusion of S.T.A.R. Labs, referenced by Dr. Emil Hamilton (Richard Schiff). And if you are up to date on your DC knowledge, you know that it means Cyborg is a very strong possibility. In the above clip, Cavill even says that Cyborg could be "an incredible bridge between both superhumans and humanity in a different way than Batman. So I don't know where he's going to come in, or if he's going to come in, but that's one I'm particularly excited about."

If Cavill's mentioning Cyborg in official interviews, you can bet the character is being bandied about in DC executive meetings. So, who is he? The character has been around since 1980, created by Marv Wolfman and George Perez as a member of the Teen Titans. During the 2011 reboot of DC's universe, though, Cyborg received a "promotion" of sorts. He was established as a founding member of the Justice League, and now plays a more prominent role in DC's timeline. (He's also a kick-ass character in the video game Injustice: Gods Among Us).

This video nails his origins, and where Cyborg fits into the reboot:

Cyborg-Welcome to the Big Leagues

What's interesting is that, when fans talk about a Justice League movie, they mention the need to factor in Wonder Woman, Aquaman, The Flash... classic JLA heroes who were important pieces of our childhood. Cyborg rarely is mentioned, though he should be in the mix, as he's important to a new generation of DC readers. And if Cavill is tipping his hand to future developments, Lex Luthor and Cyborg could be parts (large and small) of the as-yet-untitled Batman-Superman movie. Good idea?

Black Death

Vibe that I am getting is there putting to much into one movie and if not handle right , it going to fall the fuck apart .

GM Franchise

Quote from: Black Death on December 04, 2013, 04:57:38 PM
Vibe that I am getting is there putting to much into one movie and if not handle right , it going to fall the fuck apart .

It's basically Avengers but rushed and less meticulously planned.
Quote from: Trumpers on July 25, 2012, 01:46:54 PM
James, everytime you post in the OOC your perception of "yourself" is just as apparently off key 'in game' as GM Franchise as it is 'out of game' as yourself lol.
Quote from: Mike Powers on May 22, 2012, 06:44:25 PM
Now I know how Franchise feels every game.  Speak your mind and you get singled out for it.
Quote[Nov 30 21:22:23] Trumpers:you have literally assembled one of the worst teams possible