News:

Join our chat! - https://discord.gg/6vUfQnG

Main Menu

"500 Days of Summer"

Started by Marq, July 24, 2009, 04:08:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Marq

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PsD0NpFSADM

"This is a story of boy-meets-girl... but you should know up front, that this is NOT a love story."

So says the narrator in the first few moments of "500 Days of Summer." To get it out of the way, I fucking LOVE this movie, to the point it's in my top five of all-time, no shit.

Here's what you need to know:

- The writing is SUPERB. Very subtle nuances, clever methods of storytelling (like the non-chronological account of the relationship), and well-crafted characters.
- Joseph Gordon-Levitt and Zooey Deschanel will make you fall in love with them. Simple as that.
- It is fucking FUNNY. So many great moments throughout the movie that you'll be dying to discuss with your friends/other half later.
- It is fucking SAD. If you're a sap for romance, this movie will take you on a roller coaster ride of emotions. If you're a cynic? Same deal. :)
- Any script that features Patrick Swayze's "She's Like the Wind" in a prominent role = win.

It's a total chick flick for dudes. And, I say that without a trace of irony -- saw it with six of my buddies last night, and am now watching it tonight with milady. It's that good.

"Behind you, Primo! WATCH OUT!"

Exile

this is one fo the films ive been most excited for this year.

Tim-Æ

waiting for this one to come to Lawrence, should be here by the end of the summer unfortunately but it looks great. I think it's got like a 90% on RT.

Smash INC

I was interested to start off with but that trailer has me SOLD like a mofo.

I am so seeing this when it comes out in the UK.

Sgt. Josh Underpants

Bastards at my local theaters aren't playing it and I don't have time to get to one that actually is. 
Shank â€" Action Josh Madrid does towards anyone making a racial slur towards latinos on the SB, his main target is usually Midas.
You Are Game Will Evolve
Quote from: Judge Reinhold on September 16, 2009, 07:30:31 AM
This dude is the most cracker looking beaner you\'ll ever meet.

Tezmission Black

Looks like it'll be a great film to watch, Zooey Deschanel is quickly becoming one of my favorite actresses.

Tim-Æ

Finally saw this!

It was fan-fucking-tastic. One of the best film of 2009 and probably one of the best romantic comedies you'll ever find. It's natural, and has a kickin soundtrack. Joseph Gordon Levitt is becoming one of the best actors working right now. I loved this movie. It will definitely be in my top 10 of the year, and I will most definitely buy it.

Rob

I just saw it, it's great! This did what the Break-Up tried to do a couple of years ago but the difference was this had a fantastic script with really quiet subtle little jokes and the two lead characters had really good chemistry, unlike Vaughan and Anniston who are like two planks of bloody wood.

The fact Belle and Sebastian, The Smiths and The Pixies are also referenced makes me smile too :D
SixersEagles

[/center]