News:

Check out our Site Partners!

80s Mania WrestlingDaShawns2cents on FacebookThe Efed PodcastESPN Sports SimsEWCThe Indy CornerMFX PodcastOld School WrestlingSLTD WrestlingWhat A Maneuver!Wrestleview.comWrestling Mayhem Show

Main Menu

Can Science Ever Prove If Consciousness Can Survive Death?

Started by Jon Tees, July 09, 2013, 09:43:28 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jon Tees

People have claimed to have near death and out of body experiences of varying kinds. Some traveled to other plains of existence and others were simply outside of their physical bodies. But in any event were just as conscience or aware of what was going on if not more so than they were when they were in their bodies. So the question is this is whatever makes you "you" capable of surviving death and either entering into a new body or functioning without a body (as pure energy)?

Also assuming ghosts exist and aren't figments of people's imaginations or something else (demons) are they aware and can they think/react or are they purely just trapped energy from the past that is getting replayed like an old movie or something?

Don't Fall For Cheap Imitations And Knock Offs We Are The National Wrestling Federation Period.
http://www.thenationalwrestlingfederation.com

Marq

This near-death, "light at the end of the tunnel," something-is-calling-me business I don't buy. When prepping new astronauts or air force pilots for high-velocity travel, they're trained in a very high-speed centrifuge to simulate the experience. Everyone passes out from the sheer lack of oxygen going into brain at the higher speed (you can YouTube what I'm talking about). Any time the brain is starved of enough oxygen, for whatever reason (including scientific experiments) similar physiological reactions to near deaths occur, including tunnel vision, memory flashes and light patterns.

If someone was particularly religious, it'd be very easy to attribute this to some spiritual explanation. But once you get into the science of it all, it's pretty rudimentary. Out-of-body experiences, same deal, IMO. Brain activity's a funny thing -- look no further than your dreams.

"Behind you, Primo! WATCH OUT!"