News:

Join our chat! - https://discord.gg/6vUfQnG

Main Menu

FWL Season 5 ALPHA Archive

Started by Fnord, December 20, 2015, 03:27:17 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Fnord

No problem. I can take that out.

What other rules did anyone want to discuss about changing?

Quote[Today at 12:56:15 PM] Duckman: Fnording=the act of not realising something very obvious 
Quote from: AlexK on July 25, 2010, 12:23:31 AMI love you, Fnord.

Fnord

Quote[Today at 12:56:15 PM] Duckman: Fnording=the act of not realising something very obvious 

Alex Smiley

For either/both leagues, have we come to a consensus on the trade voting? IIRC we discussed only taking a trade to a vote if it was challenged (aka someone else had a concern about the trade). Dunno if that was a sure thing, so I thought I'd bring it up.

Quote from: JackHondo on October 24, 2012, 07:31:28 AM
You're right, Jesus is nicer. But Alex is a close second.

Black Death

well would like to discuss once the playoffs begin ,  you are set with your team.  no more trades after a certain point.   you take the team you got with you to the finals
"Asuka, gives you two thumbs up"

GM Franchise

Quote from: Black Death on December 24, 2015, 10:36:20 PM
well would like to discuss once the playoffs begin ,  you are set with your team.  no more trades after a certain point.   you take the team you got with you to the finals

This I agree with. I also think, to add to this, you can ONLY make a waiver claim IF you have an injured player that needs to be replaced. That's it.
Quote from: Trumpers on July 25, 2012, 01:46:54 PM
James, everytime you post in the OOC your perception of "yourself" is just as apparently off key 'in game' as GM Franchise as it is 'out of game' as yourself lol.
Quote from: Mike Powers on May 22, 2012, 06:44:25 PM
Now I know how Franchise feels every game.  Speak your mind and you get singled out for it.
Quote[Nov 30 21:22:23] Trumpers:you have literally assembled one of the worst teams possible

GM Franchise

Quote from: Fnord on December 23, 2015, 06:46:43 PM
No problem. I can take that out.

What other rules did anyone want to discuss about changing?

Take it out of both leagues. Not a fan of it and never have been. For extremely close games a team can lose because of that when in reality they won the week points wise.  :)

Quote from: Alex Smiley on December 24, 2015, 12:37:51 PM
For either/both leagues, have we come to a consensus on the trade voting? IIRC we discussed only taking a trade to a vote if it was challenged (aka someone else had a concern about the trade). Dunno if that was a sure thing, so I thought I'd bring it up.

Only if it's challenged and not every trade, I agree with.
James, everytime you post in the OOC your perception of "yourself" is just as apparently off key 'in game' as GM Franchise as it is 'out of game' as yourself lol.
Now I know how Franchise feels every game.  Speak your mind and you get singled out for it.
Quote[Nov 30 21:22:23] Trumpers:you have literally assembled one of the worst teams possible

Drama Queen

Quote from: Black Death on December 24, 2015, 10:36:20 PM

I agree with the above. Even though it is something I used heavily to my advantage last year, I know it's kind of cheap.

Quote from: GM Franchise on December 25, 2015, 02:52:21 PM
This I agree with. I also think, to add to this, you can ONLY make a waiver claim IF you have an injured player that needs to be replaced. That's it.

The problem with waivers is it gives the away team advantage... the point of playing well all season is to give yourself home field advantage in the play-offs, but if a rookie suddenly becomes a huge player, then the teams who did horrible all year have first dibs. So I would agree with this also.

Fnord

Any more sign ups for Omega? We've got 3 more weeks until the draft!

GM Franchise

Fnord

So far we have 6 people in and 3 maybes. 10 would be the ideal number, but we'll work with whatever we can get. :)

Midas

So guys where are we at with this? Once the playoffs start in the current season I believe we can start drafting at any point and I only see 6 people signed up for the Alpha League...

Mike Powers

6 does seem kinda low.  I expected a better turnout....

Gravedigger

Midas

So with only 6 people signed up for the Alpha League I was talking to Fnord and we wanted to strike up this convo to see what about the Alpha League makes it undesirable to most people...

I live in Chicago and own a restaurant so $20 to me really isn't anything and I spend money on stupid shit all the time so my value of $20 is low... Hell I am going to go piss away $20 on a Powerball right after I finish this post...

Some people on these forums might live in smaller towns and have less expendable income and value $20 more then anything... I can see that point of view and understand it fully!

Some people just might not have the money to spend and in this day and age I understand this fully...

I have also seen people say that money ruins the game and they won't commit money to a game like this and I was wondering if those who felt that was could see some changes being made that would make it worthy of committing $20 dollars...

The overall point of this post is to basically find out if there is any way Fnord and I can fix the Alpha League in order to atleast get 10 people. If you are on the fence and want to talk about it then feel free, if you want to hit me up in private to talk about it you guys can do that also...

Sgt. Josh Underpants

Honestly right now id be more willing if we did a $10 buy in.
Shank â€" Action Josh Madrid does towards anyone making a racial slur towards latinos on the SB, his main target is usually Midas.
You Are Game Will Evolve
Quote from: Judge Reinhold on September 16, 2009, 07:30:31 AM
This dude is the most cracker looking beaner you\'ll ever meet.