News:

Join our chat! - https://discord.gg/6vUfQnG

Main Menu

Secret Santa 2015

Started by Mike Powers, October 25, 2015, 08:48:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Stoner

I'm in again.  And I don't mind if we use Wishlists or not.  Might be a good idea for people to have a general wishlist made just in case, and then not be 100% committed to getting something off it.

Quote[Today at 05:31:25 PM] JackHondo: If a zombie outbreak ever happened, Stonie would cut his arm off and replace it with a chainsaw.

Quote from: Ian "Wolfie" Trumps on July 23, 2015, 03:24:59 PM

Knuckles

why dont we just make a "wish list" here in 1 separate discussion thread and the moderator of this thing can give out addresses and go from there or is that a problem with people?

The Refreshing drink....

Judge

The reason we did Amazon wish lists was because you could keep your address private and Amazon would handle delivery without revealing it.  Some people have problems with giving out their address and I don't blame them.

Judge

Plus there is a big fraud issue if you pay for a product at one address and have it shipped to another address on another state. That gets flagged and could cause issues.  Not a problem with a wishlist since Amazon does the delivery.  And if you avoid that problem by shipping to your house then you have to pay to ship it out again.

! JDM The Professional !

How happy is the blameless vestal's lot! The world forgetting, by the world forgot the eternal sunshine of the spotless mind! Each prayer accepted, and each wish resigned.

Quote from: Kise on February 29, 2012, 01:42:01 AM
Shake and bake, JDM! S-n-B!

!JDM'S Top Ten Movies of all Time!
1. Leon the Professional
2. American Beauty
3. Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless mind
4. The Big Lebowskie
5. There will be blood
6. A Clockwork Orange
7. Once upon a time in the West
8. The Proposition
9. Reservoir Dogs
10. Taxi Driver

GM Franchise

Quote from: Trumpers on July 25, 2012, 01:46:54 PM
James, everytime you post in the OOC your perception of "yourself" is just as apparently off key 'in game' as GM Franchise as it is 'out of game' as yourself lol.
Quote from: Mike Powers on May 22, 2012, 06:44:25 PM
Now I know how Franchise feels every game.  Speak your mind and you get singled out for it.
Quote[Nov 30 21:22:23] Trumpers:you have literally assembled one of the worst teams possible

Sgt. Josh Underpants

I'm in again. Wish list is fine with me because of the ease of use
Shank â€" Action Josh Madrid does towards anyone making a racial slur towards latinos on the SB, his main target is usually Midas.
You Are Game Will Evolve
Quote from: Judge Reinhold on September 16, 2009, 07:30:31 AM
This dude is the most cracker looking beaner you\'ll ever meet.

Mike Powers

Okay, for those proposing not using wish lists, how would you propose we handle this?  Everyone PM's me their address, then I distribute them based on who you draw?  Judge makes a point about some people not being okay with giving away their address.

Lets discuss how this might work.

Knuckles

The Refreshing drink....

T-Bonizzle

I think....so long as you use an official Amazon seller, you can gift whatever you want. You get into trouble if you try to ship something from outside the US though.

So the wishlists can be used as a base, and then you can go from there if you choose.

Alex Smiley

I'll go ahead and join the fun this year, but I have one request (especially if we're talking about not being exclusive to wish lists).

Quote from: Knuckles on October 27, 2015, 10:20:18 AM
ill jump in but i too dont like the idea of being limited to wish lists. how am i supposed to get that person drunk? :p

Whoever has me to send something to, please DO NOT send any form of alcohol. I know the above was more a joke than anything, but I have my reasons (conveniently spoiler tagged so you don't have to read all about it if you don't want to haha):

[spoiler]I don't drink, I don't plan to drink, and we don't keep any alcohol in the house because my dad hasn't had a drop since recovering from a liver issue nearly two years ago.[/spoiler]

Sorry to be a slight downer, just needed to get that off my chest. This will be fun!

Quote from: JackHondo on October 24, 2012, 07:31:28 AM
You're right, Jesus is nicer. But Alex is a close second.

T-Bonizzle

Don't think you can mail alcohol anyway (at least not in my State....alcohol can't cross county lines)

I think it's reasonable for someone to make a list of 'don't get me this, this, or this' for free form gift givers. (or just general guidelines like no alcohol, keep it safe for work, etc. etc. etc.)

For record, in addition to thing I got for Midas off his wish-list I also sent him a pretty custom anklet.

Mike Powers

How about this. When you guys send me your info to distribute to your Santa, also writeup a short "profile" for me to pass along. Sort of a "here's some things I'm into, here's some things I'm definitely NOT into". Along with that, also set up the Amazon Wish List, that your Santa can use if they wish, or just use to get an even better idea of your taste.

T-Bonizzle

Sounds like a perfect solution.

Knuckles

The Refreshing drink....