News:

Join our chat! - https://discord.gg/6vUfQnG

Main Menu

Kaka...like...seriously...

Started by Laura, January 15, 2009, 03:48:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Laura

Kaka and Manchester City is looking very, very possible. They've offered like...120 million euro for him. And apparently...his wages will be around 500 grand...per week.

If this happens...the Premiership is gonna go bankrupt, unless all the teams are bought out by Dubai.

Kenfucius

I sincerely doubt it'll happen.

That much money makes it possible, but it's still unlikely.

Let's face it, aside from Robinho (who is so OBVIOUSLY after the money that in in his first press interview after signing for Man City he said "I'm so happy to have joined Chelsea"), who have Man CIty really been able to get with all those billions?

Answer - Chelsea's third string left back.

I give them credit for trying to get real stars, but they've already been knocked back by Ronaldinho (who went to AC for HALF the weekly wage Man City were offering) and Casillas.

They failed in their bid to hijack the Berbatov deal too.

It'll be a couple of seasons yet before Man City are a serious force in the game. They need a manager who commands worldwide respect first.

Ironically, I think they'd be far more likely to pull off deals of this nature if they'd kept Sven in charge.

Laura

At the end of the day, money talks. Even if they don't get Kaka...imagine they went to someone like Ronaldo and threw the cash in his face. He would go in an instant. If they don't get their way in January, you can bet the summer is going to be a hoarding party.

Jimmy Chisel

If it doesn't happen I'll be surprised. He said Monday he'd stay as long as he's wanted, and I think AC Milan want £107million more than Kaka.

Josh

Well he's been given permission by Milan to talk to Man City now, so they're definately considering the offer seriously. And his wages, while still absurd, is a little closer to the 300K mark so they say.

It'll still change the face of football though. And I don't know how City can expect to sign ANY high profile footballer afterwards -- if they succeed with Kaka. Because every single one of them will view such wages as a possibility and won't even consider joining unless the wages are at least in the hundred thousands.

Rob

I had heard he wanted to spend the rest of his life at AC Milan.

To be honest, if I was Kaka, I'd stay in Milan.

Milan or Manchester? Is there really any competition. I think what Man City need to do first is get a grasp on Europe and a good way to go about that is by bringing in some older international stars as a short-term thing. Not only will they help with the progression of players like Jo, Elano and Ireland, but it'll make them a lot more attractive to the bigger named players. At least they won't have to through £2 million a month at players like Kaka.
SixersEagles

[/center]

Kendell Smith

Doubt he'll move if he has the choice.

There should be a cap on player prices. It's getting ridiculous.

Ian "Wolfie" Trumps

I couldnt care less whether City sign Kaka or not. Fact is, they are completely confused about their team needs at the moment. They desperately need another centre back, a goal keeper and a central midfielder with bite.

Micah Richards has been underperforming this season, Richard Dunne looks like age has caught up with him and Kompany has only shown a few flashes of decent play.

Up front, Robinho has been their only half decent player. Jo has been shite, Benjani hasnt hardly kicked a ball...as for the rest they are one game wonders.

The best thing to really happen to City this season is the emergence of Ireland as a formidable midfieled player, but it still doesnt change the fact they need someone like Yaya (toure)over Kaka anyday of the week, I think theres a strong chance Kaka will go to City. If I was selling City to him (God forbid!) I would point out to get big stars, someone has to the be the first before the rest follow and then go and let him swim in my scrooge mcduck gold money swimming pool.

None of this changes the fact City will always be mediocre and their real needs as a football side aren't being met.
'Check out MFX - www.mfxpodcast.com'

Duckman

Spot on Ian.  This is nothing to do with football or what they need on the pitch.  This is to send a message that they can buy whoever they want and also to help promote the companies and other ventures that their owner has in place at the moment.

It's a 100 million pound status symbol.

Still, if he does come, he's going straight into my fantasy football side, lol!

Peace

Duckman
Check out the MFX Podcast today!  http://www.marksforxcellence.com/?cat=1

Subscribe to MFX via Stitcher or Itunes.  Just search: Marks for Xcellence Podcast.

Laura

But that's the thing...if anything, the first thing they need to do is get rid of Hughes. He's no good for City, and I'm half convinced he doesn't even have a say on who they buy. Sky Sports is now saying that it's a 50-50 chance...but it's looking more and more likely. Only good thing that will come out of this is getting to see Kaka in the Premiership.

Ian "Wolfie" Trumps

Quote from: Laura who is Hannah Rickman on January 16, 2009, 05:57:04 AM
But that's the thing...if anything, the first thing they need to do is get rid of Hughes. He's no good for City, and I'm half convinced he doesn't even have a say on who they buy. Sky Sports is now saying that it's a 50-50 chance...but it's looking more and more likely. Only good thing that will come out of this is getting to see Kaka in the Premiership.

I hope Hughes does leave because City are a fucking load of cunts. He can come and be Alex's replacement. If I am being honest he is the one I have wanted to succeed Ferguson for sometime not some foreign toss pot like Jose.

Hughes is bigger than City. He is a brilliant manager and deserves to be at a club that appreciates that.

Ian "Wolfie" Trumps

Well seems City must have been reading this forum as they have agreed a fee for Nigel DeJong as well as Craig Bellamy.

So all the need now is a decent keeper and centre back and then splash a billion pound and half the moons of Saturn on Kaka whom is probably completely overrated anyways.

Still...I heard that blue carpet is looking nice in the City trophy case.

Kenfucius

I said it wouldn't happen.

Kaka appeared on AC Milan's dedicated TV channel to say he was staying with Milan. City are claiming foul play and poor show on behalf of the Italian club, saying they changed their minds at the last moment and refused to let them talk to the player after the City delegation went to Italy to discuss terms personally.

They also say the whole financial aspect was leaked by Milan in breach of a confidentiality agreement between the sides.

Oh, and apparently, Kaka was keen on the move.

It all sounds like sour grapes to me, Kaka probably didn't want to go anywhere near City, there have been multiple statements from the player himself and his team-mates saying he was not looking to go anywhere.

Bellamy is more their level, although, if they HAVE agreed a deal for De Jong, that's probably a wise move on their part.