2013-14 College Basketball Discussion Thread

Started by Hondo, November 10, 2013, 07:55:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hondo

Starting this, since I didn't see another one.

Almost every team  has played a game or two so far, how is your team looking?

"Just do the best you can with whatever gift God has given you, whatever intellect you have. Use it. Be good while you're doing it. Love your neighbor. Love the One that created you. Enjoy the cosmos. And rock on." - Phil Robertson of Duck Dynasty

Jon

I can't tell if losing to Coppin State at home is a good thing or bad thing to open the season. There in the top 5, right?

GM of the Queen City Conquerors

Hondo

Quote from: Jon on November 11, 2013, 04:22:29 PM
I can't tell if losing to Coppin State at home is a good thing or bad thing to open the season. There in the top 5, right?

They're in Booker T's five anyway.

"Just do the best you can with whatever gift God has given you, whatever intellect you have. Use it. Be good while you're doing it. Love your neighbor. Love the One that created you. Enjoy the cosmos. And rock on." - Phil Robertson of Duck Dynasty

Justin

South Carolina is still a couple of seasons away from being any kind of good.  Once Frank Martin is able to recruit his players then we will be decent...until then....I just hope and pray for a miracle.

Hondo

I like Martin as a coach. A lot. I hope he does well, the SEC desperately needs some b-ball teams to step up and be major players. It only boosts the rest of the conference.

Justin

He is a heck of a basketball coach.  I still wish we would have went after Greg Marshall, but I will take Martin any day of the week.

GM Franchise

UNLV isn't looking too bad. I think we have better defense than last season which is a good thing since we didn't have too much of it last season.
Quote from: Trumpers on July 25, 2012, 01:46:54 PM
James, everytime you post in the OOC your perception of "yourself" is just as apparently off key 'in game' as GM Franchise as it is 'out of game' as yourself lol.
Quote from: Mike Powers on May 22, 2012, 06:44:25 PM
Now I know how Franchise feels every game.  Speak your mind and you get singled out for it.
Quote[Nov 30 21:22:23] Trumpers:you have literally assembled one of the worst teams possible

Hondo

I'm really looking forward to the UK/Mich. St. game tonight. UK is my one true love, but I have a LOT of admiration for Coach Izzo and Michigan State in general. It will be a good game, that's for sure.

Also, I am HIGHLY impressed with Julius Randle so far. I was telling BD in the chat the other day about how he he has power forward size, but moves around like a point guard. He's going to end up a fan favorite when it's all said and done. I was bummed about losing out on Wiggins, but if Randle is the consolation prize, I'm a happy man.

J-Reb

I agree with Randle.  I was playing basketball at the gym last night and somebody compared him to Shaq.  The only difference is JR has the ball skills to play out on the wing and the power of someone like Shaq to just absolutely dominate on the interior.

I'm a big fan of these tournaments that have been springing up.  It doesn't get any better than UK/MSU and Duke/KU in one evening.

Justin

I only watched the second half....

Kentucky has no transition defense. With all their height they don't feed the post enough. They can't shoot free throws. Randle is going to be national player of the year. His first step is very quick though he needs to refine his moves some...at times he gets a little sloppy.

Hondo

It certainly was a good game to watch. Well, the second half at least. In the end, Kentucky was their own worst enemy. They shot free throws extremely poorly (around 50%, dont have the actual number before me), they played lousy transition defense and they made too many silly turnovers. Had they not done one of those three things, they would have won this game.

And Julius Randle continues to tell Andrew Wiggins to suck it.

Cory

That dude Randle was a beast.

If your a black man named Julius you better have an afro and be an unreal baller.

SUBSCRIBE TO MY GAMING CHANNEL ON YOUTUBE

Justin

Jabari Parker is the truth. Wigguns has unbelievable hype amd I think he will live up to most of it but I would like to see a little more aggression out of him.

Justin

That should be aggressiom with thr ball in his hands

T-Bonizzle

I have loyalties to UNC, Duke (i know right?) and Wake Forest, but I don't really watch college ball. So I guess I leave it to you guys to tell me how they do.