News:

Check out our Site Partners!

80s Mania WrestlingDaShawns2cents on FacebookThe Efed PodcastESPN Sports SimsEWCThe Indy CornerMFX PodcastOld School WrestlingSLTD WrestlingWhat A Maneuver!Wrestleview.comWrestling Mayhem Show

Main Menu

2013-14 College Basketball Discussion Thread

Started by Hondo, November 10, 2013, 07:55:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

¿PapaPancho?

Quote from: JustinP on November 14, 2013, 11:50:55 AM
College basketball is the sport in its purest form. The NBA is nothing more than a soft league full of grown men who whine and complain about everything and don't play any defense.

That was a mouthfull. And I vehemently disagree.

Jon

Quote from: T-Urkey on November 14, 2013, 05:56:03 PM
None of those answers why you want players to skip college and go straight to the NBA

Because they are forced to play one year of college to play in the NBA. Part of the reason I like watching college basketball is seeing the growth of a player from year one to year four. How they transformed to a championship contending team. But now all you see, for the most part is a team that has some of those players, but led by the stud freshman one and done player. I mean it's still entertaining and I still love watching them play, but I feel like we lose a little of the integrity of the game when the 75% of the top 20 freshman declare for the NBA draft.

GM of the Queen City Conquerors

J-Reb

Quote from: Jon on November 14, 2013, 07:17:27 PM
Because they are forced to play one year of college to play in the NBA. Part of the reason I like watching college basketball is seeing the growth of a player from year one to year four. How they transformed to a championship contending team. But now all you see, for the most part is a team that has some of those players, but led by the stud freshman one and done player. I mean it's still entertaining and I still love watching them play, but I feel like we lose a little of the integrity of the game when the 75% of the top 20 freshman declare for the NBA draft.

I've been begging for the MLB rule.  Players can go out of high school but if they go to college, they have to stay for 3 seasons - and be on pace to finish their 2 year degree.

It'll never happen, unfortunately.

Jon

Quote from: Johnny Rebel on November 14, 2013, 07:50:19 PM
I've been begging for the MLB rule.  Players can go out of high school but if they go to college, they have to stay for 3 seasons - and be on pace to finish their 2 year degree.

It'll never happen, unfortunately.

I would love this.

GM of the Queen City Conquerors

Justin

Quote from: PapaPancho on November 14, 2013, 07:08:36 PM
That was a mouthfull. And I vehemently disagree.

You can't sit there and tell me that the NBA is not a league where you simply touch someone and a foul is called.  It has the players so spoiled that they are always whining and complaining.  And outside of the occasional person who prides themselves on defense....defense is invisible in the NBA.

J-Reb

Quote from: JustinP on November 14, 2013, 08:47:09 PM
You can't sit there and tell me that the NBA is not a league where you simply touch someone and a foul is called.  It has the players so spoiled that they are always whining and complaining.  And outside of the occasional person who prides themselves on defense....defense is invisible in the NBA.

Sorry Panch.  I've got to side with Justin here.  The NBA game is miserable to watch.

Hondo

What Justin and Rebel said.

The players are spoiled, entitled millionaires who are more concerned with what color bowtie/sweatervest/fake glasses combination they can wear to the post-game press conference than the game itself. No one plays real defense, it's more of a suggestion than an edict. It drags on, and the constant whining over every whistle! Goodness!

It's why I haven't really had a favorite team since the original Hornets left Charlotte. I'll root for the UK players and the players with Kentucky ties, but I have no team allegiance.

"Just do the best you can with whatever gift God has given you, whatever intellect you have. Use it. Be good while you're doing it. Love your neighbor. Love the One that created you. Enjoy the cosmos. And rock on." - Phil Robertson of Duck Dynasty

Black Death

"Asuka, gives you two thumbs up"