News:

Check out our Site Partners!

80s Mania WrestlingDaShawns2cents on FacebookThe Efed PodcastESPN Sports SimsEWCThe Indy CornerMFX PodcastOld School WrestlingSLTD WrestlingWhat A Maneuver!Wrestleview.comWrestling Mayhem Show

Main Menu

Walking Dead on AMC

Started by Black Death, November 02, 2011, 01:16:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Black Death

You knew you were going to run into people like these sooner or later ...
"Asuka, gives you two thumbs up"

Ian "Wolfie" Trumps

Season finale was a bit bland...I feel like I am in a constant loop of the middle of the Lost series...
'Check out MFX - www.mfxpodcast.com'

Flins.

Bland? I've seen quite a few complaints about the last episode so I am guessing I am in the majority who thought it was great. Tipped off the season with a cliffhanger, and had that really intense scene with Joe and his group during the first half of the episode. Another fantastic season for the show in my opinion.

Fnord

Yeah, the scene with Joe was right out of the comic, against another group, but still there.

And if I heard right, the name of one of the "bad guys" reveals what Terminus really is (compared to the books). It left me real excited about next season!

Quote[Today at 12:56:15 PM] Duckman: Fnording=the act of not realising something very obvious 
Quote from: AlexK on July 25, 2010, 12:23:31 AMI love you, Fnord.

Mike Powers

Other than the last line ("they don't know who they're screwing with" -- soooo lame), I enjoyed it. You don't need 3 major character deaths to have an effective finale, and people seem to forget that.

Black Death

Quote from: Mike Powers on April 01, 2014, 01:42:40 PM
Other than the last line ("they don't know who they're screwing with" -- soooo lame), I enjoyed it. You don't need 3 major character deaths to have an effective finale, and people seem to forget that.

that from the comic book , so the comic geeks like me love it
"Asuka, gives you two thumbs up"

Fnord

Well, to be fair, in the comic he says "They don't know who they're fucking with" but this is TV afterall and not HBO.

Quote[Today at 12:56:15 PM] Duckman: Fnording=the act of not realising something very obvious 

FXBlade

Ha!

I have only ever watched one episode, and this really wasnt my thing.

However, the wife loved it.

I can only confirm her disappointment by her "WHAT THE FUCK WAS THAT" comment as the credits started to roll on the last episode.

Apart from that, I have no idea...

GZG Online

I thought the second half of the season was better than the first, but overall it just felt like it was building up to the next season.

Reminded me of Season 2 in a lot of ways, but it's done it's job insofar as I can't wait for Season 5 now. Hopefully it'll be a bit more standalone.
11 year "veteran"... one day I'll get a real life ;-)

Mike Powers

Walking Dead has always struck me as being a show about a journey, and not a destination. 

The TeeJ of Philly

Quote from: Mike Powers on April 01, 2014, 01:42:40 PM

True, but to the masses that I know, it's built up that you almost have to kill off. When people (ex facebook friends of mine) go "Oh man I can't wait to see who dies and what this means and that means"  It's like, they've made many fans off killing of major characters that the one time they didn't left a lot of people disappointed. Are they gonna stop watching? No, but disappointing fans is not a good look.

Dorling

They should know better. Walking Dead is all about ripping characters that you care about away from you when you don't expect it.

Doing so in the finale would be far too clichéd. I can't recommend the comics and novels enough, and the show is now following a path different enough so that people that do read are now being surprised too.

GM Franchise

I'll say this much. Despite the fact I thought the ending was bland they have piqued my interest in what happens next season as it relates to Terminus and the ending of this season.
Quote from: Trumpers on July 25, 2012, 01:46:54 PM
James, everytime you post in the OOC your perception of "yourself" is just as apparently off key 'in game' as GM Franchise as it is 'out of game' as yourself lol.
Quote from: Mike Powers on May 22, 2012, 06:44:25 PM
Now I know how Franchise feels every game.  Speak your mind and you get singled out for it.
Quote[Nov 30 21:22:23] Trumpers:you have literally assembled one of the worst teams possible

Mike Powers

Season 5 teaser poster.....

Fnord