News:

Check out our Site Partners!

80s Mania WrestlingDaShawns2cents on FacebookThe Efed PodcastESPN Sports SimsEWCThe Indy CornerMFX PodcastOld School WrestlingSLTD WrestlingWhat A Maneuver!Wrestleview.comWrestling Mayhem Show

Main Menu

Walking Dead on AMC

Started by Black Death, November 02, 2011, 01:16:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kirk

I figured that's why they had her doing it so much. It's just so cheesy and simply wastes time they could be using for zombies.
" class="bbc_img

" class="bbc_img

! JDM The Professional !

I may be alone when I say this, but 16 eps was too long. Had they shortened it I think it would have been better as a whole.

In saying that,  seasons 3 and 4 have been the best thus far.  I hope the canninals are stront antagonists. Lord knows this show needs bad fuys, especially after killing guvvy boy after 3 eps.

How happy is the blameless vestal's lot! The world forgetting, by the world forgot the eternal sunshine of the spotless mind! Each prayer accepted, and each wish resigned.

Quote from: Kise on February 29, 2012, 01:42:01 AM
Shake and bake, JDM! S-n-B!

!JDM'S Top Ten Movies of all Time!
1. Leon the Professional
2. American Beauty
3. Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless mind
4. The Big Lebowskie
5. There will be blood
6. A Clockwork Orange
7. Once upon a time in the West
8. The Proposition
9. Reservoir Dogs
10. Taxi Driver

Mike Powers

I think that spending 2 full eps with the Governor this season, only to immediately kill him off, was a waste of time.  Humanize him, just to immediately re-demonize him? 

Drama Queen

I like it when the show gives a little bit of focus to people outside of the group, such as the governor or the leader of the claimers. It's more example of the type of characters an apocalypse can produce, and if they delve into it further, what particular circumstances brought them there. I think the mini arc with the governor was good story telling.

I am really curious to get some background on terminus next season, however the hell someone came up with the idea for such an elaborate human flesh farm or whatever the hell it is. Whether through exposition type dialogue or actual flashbacks, I'd like to see how such a place came about.

Mike Powers

Had the Governor lived, it would've been great story telling.  The fact they killed him off an episode later made it all a big waste of time.

! JDM The Professional !

I felt when the Governor died the show lucked any antagonist and dulled it a little for me.  Merle was good, the Gov was good, but we had no friction with anybody except the archer who died 1 ep later (which I was happy with, he was a douche)

How happy is the blameless vestal's lot! The world forgetting, by the world forgot the eternal sunshine of the spotless mind! Each prayer accepted, and each wish resigned.

1. Leon the Professional
2. American Beauty
4. The Big Lebowskie
5. There will be blood
6. A Clockwork Orange
8. The Proposition
9. Reservoir Dogs
10. Taxi Driver

Kirk

Shane, the Governor and Merle were my 3 favourite characters. That probably says something about me.
" class="bbc_img

" class="bbc_img

Dorling

They are adapting source material though. Gov and Shane far outlived their counterparts in the book and Merle is a new character.

Characters are not safe,  like game of Thrones.  I love it.

Flins.

I enjoyed what they did with the Governor, can disagree more that it was a waste of time. Would you have preferred for him to have just come back, attacked and been killed? They added far more depth to the character during season 3 for them to do something like that. Plus, his death in the comics was pretty underwhelming. But even in the source material they had a few issues that focused on the Governor and what was going in between attacks on the prison. There had to be more reason for the attack than revenge, made the character much more memorable and his transition into what he was more believable.

Sabra

Quote from: Flins. on April 06, 2014, 07:27:54 AM
I enjoyed what they did with the Governor, can disagree more that it was a waste of time. Would you have preferred for him to have just come back, attacked and been killed? They added far more depth to the character during season 3 for them to do something like that. Plus, his death in the comics was pretty underwhelming. But even in the source material they had a few issues that focused on the Governor and what was going in between attacks on the prison. There had to be more reason for the attack than revenge, made the character much more memorable and his transition into what he was more believable.

^This.  All f'ing day THIS.

I always liked the way they did the Governor in the TV series.  There were "glimmers of humanity" before this of course, little moments easily overlooking.  Like the whole talk with Rick at the grain silos, where he recounted the last day his wife was alive.  About how she'd called him and he never found out what she wanted, that it haunted him.  The conversation with Milton about how Penny would have viewed him now, and he said that she'd be afraid of him...but she'd be alive.  It showed a remarkable depth of self-awareness of his 'monsterhood'... because despite those glimmers of humanity this is the guy that was down to torture someone that had been his lover, and kept a wall of heads in fishtanks.

Some guys really gotta have TV haha.

I enjoyed the episodes that showed where he went and what happened after he flipped out, what new things were motivating him rather than just have him show up with a tank at the gates to attack again.  Now that would have been more of a "wtf" moment without the build.

For me one of the most powerful moments in the series came after Herschel and Rick try and talk to him, telling him they could all live in peace, together.  And there's quiet.  Everything is quiet, no background noises or nothing and you think...hey maybe he'll go for it.  Then that pause, and the way his expression changes so subtly.

"Liar."

Damn, chills.

This Means Something.

Thank you Meggie for the beautiful signature!

Drama Queen

Quote from: Mike Powers on April 06, 2014, 03:40:07 AM
Had the Governor lived, it would've been great story telling.  The fact they killed him off an episode later made it all a big waste of time.

It was his story and his story ended. I completely fail to see how that was a waste of time. It was intrigueing, emotional and profound and well worth the three hours of my life I invested in it.

And the story led to another larger story in the impact it had on the core group losing their home and being split. Again, where's the waste?

And well pretty much what flins and sabra said.

! JDM The Professional !

I loved what they did with the Governor this season. Very well worked, but it dulled a little between then and the finale. Besides ep 13 with the little girls, I felt there was a lot of fluff. 

1. Leon the Professional
2. American Beauty
4. The Big Lebowskie
5. There will be blood
6. A Clockwork Orange
8. The Proposition
9. Reservoir Dogs
10. Taxi Driver

Drama Queen

I kind of felt that way about individual episodes, but in the end the overall package kind of paid off forme, I was left feeling "damn, that was a good season". The only episode that really dragged out for me though was the one that focused on Daryl and Beth. That seemed like it didn't need a full episode to expand on really. As cool as Daryl is in the action scenes, he's not the most interesting character in terms of dialogue!

Mike Powers

Black Death

well mike , you are going to watch next season  right

so in the end think they got what they wanted
"Asuka, gives you two thumbs up"