News:

Check out our Site Partners!

80s Mania WrestlingDaShawns2cents on FacebookThe Efed PodcastESPN Sports SimsEWCThe Indy CornerMFX PodcastOld School WrestlingSLTD WrestlingWhat A Maneuver!Wrestleview.comWrestling Mayhem Show

Main Menu

The Experts - Q & A

Started by Alex Smiley, April 30, 2018, 05:51:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Alex Smiley

You probably have some questions. Well hopefully, I have some answers...

What is/was The Experts?

The Experts was an interfed that ran from 2007 until 2013. For more info and a history, check this thread out, and come back to this when you're done haha.

And what does that have to do with the OPW Community?

Fair question. Long before the OPW Community, these boards were the E-Fed Knights forums, for the EFK podcast run by Duckman and Sir Ian from 2008-2012. The EFK forums remained as such after they started the MFX Podcast, but at the end of 2014 were changed to the MFX Forums to streamline the branding. Most of you know the story from there: at the end of last year, it was decided for MFX to part ways with the forums, and in an attempt to keep the community going, I agreed to take over and rebrand it with the Occupy Pro Wrestling moniker...but the history of these boards remains, and this is my attempt to bring some of it back to light.

So what's going on now?

The answer my friend is blowin' in the wind...sorry, couldn't help it. Long story short, I've had some people come to me about getting some kind of show together...and that's when the wheels in my head started turning. I mentioned before that I would start bringing back some of the efedding aspects of the boards, and I think a lot of people that have been here will agree that The Experts was something special. So special, in fact, that I made sure to check in with Jesse Gunn and Russ (the founder and the previous guy runnin' the place, respectively) and get the okay to use the name...and they were both cool with it, so here we are.

Where do we go from here?

Basically, I'm planning to run ONE show under the banner of The Experts. This is primarily to give people a platform to explore that side of writing they haven't done in a while. So, The Experts Invitational will live up to its name as I invite people to come back for at least one last hurrah. That said...

...this is the time of year we used to do the Extreme Tournament, and I for one always loved those. If there's enough interest from people to do it, I'd be happy to run it with some help for match writing and the like (but let's cross that bridge when we get to it, yeah? lol)...and if things run smoothly there, we can see what the future holds.

That's cool and all, but I still have a question...

Do you, now? No worries then, post a reply here with any questions you've got and I'll try my best to answer them! Also, if you're interested in participating send me a message; as I hear back from people, I'll start forming the card.

Quote from: JackHondo on October 24, 2012, 07:31:28 AM
You're right, Jesus is nicer. But Alex is a close second.

Sgt. Josh Underpants

Who is the experts?

Better yet, why is the experts?
Shank â€" Action Josh Madrid does towards anyone making a racial slur towards latinos on the SB, his main target is usually Midas.
You Are Game Will Evolve
Quote from: Judge Reinhold on September 16, 2009, 07:30:31 AM
This dude is the most cracker looking beaner you\'ll ever meet.

Alex Smiley

Quote from: Sgt. Josh Underpants on May 10, 2018, 07:17:32 PM
Who is the experts?

Better yet, why is the experts?

I get the joke/reference, but for the sake of the Q&A I'm gonna answer them anyway lol.

1. See "What is/was The Experts" above, because The Experts is not a person.
2. Because in theory, everywhere else is closed (interfed wise).*

[spoiler]* There are probably other interfeds open, but since Triple B gave me permission to use whatever I wanted from the VWF I'm using his old tagline lol[/spoiler]

Strike

Since we will be RPing for these prim and proper, are we looking at any particular word limits or will there be none?

Just so one can plan accordingly and all...

Black Death

Quote from: Strike on May 15, 2018, 12:21:13 AM
Since we will be RPing for these prim and proper, are we looking at any particular word limits or will there be none?

Just so one can plan accordingly and all...

I will answer for Alex here ... no word limit.  But you have been doing this for a while you understand quality over quaintly goes a long way. But there no limit to express yourself
"Asuka, gives you two thumbs up"

Alex Smiley

Quote from: Black Death on May 17, 2018, 07:49:17 AM
I will answer for Alex here ... no word limit.  But you have been doing this for a while you understand quality over quaintly goes a long way. But there no limit to express yourself

^ This. For this particular show, I didn't want to stifle anyone's creativity by imposing a word limit. If y'all need a word limit for the sake of pacing, I think you guys can work it out amongst yourselves. I don't favor longer or shorter work. Lastly, I thought about doing a RP rubric...but I don't think it's necessary for this event. I know what you guys are capable of, I remember reading your past work, and I trust you guys. Rubrics and word limits and stuff like that come later, when I start doing this on a more regular basis...but for now, it's about having fun and getting back into the swing of things.

Russ

So ummmmm, what's going on? It's been a week?
Boss of the Experts, Hero of the TFWF and SCW, all-round giant bag of awesomness.

Quadzilla

The sheer awesomeness of the Desert Sex reunion has left all staffers flabbergasted, and thus they are unable to complete the show.

Your winners, via default: DESERT SEX!!!!!!

8)

Quote from: Russaholic Ewe-ing on February 07, 2012, 03:14:24 PM
By revealing to me that I can play MGS on the Xbox you received the award of BEING THE BEST HUMAN BEING FUCKING EVER.

Alex Smiley

Sorry for the delay, guys. The past couple weeks have been kicking my butt between school and stuff at home, but I'm working hard on finishing up the show! I have one more final and commencement this week, but I'm getting things done with the time I have. Thanks for your patience!