News:

Join our chat! - https://discord.gg/6vUfQnG

Main Menu

Official Transfer Thread

Started by Kenfucius, July 15, 2008, 03:20:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rob

Tom Ince wasn't actually our player, we just had him on loan.
SixersEagles

[/center]

Flins.

Aye, he is one of the many players making a mass exodus from Blackpool.

Rob

He could've signed for us as his contract expired but I don't think he was happy with where he would feature in the team and that our plans on the wing would not revolve around him starting. I think he sees himself as world-beater quality already
SixersEagles

[/center]

Cory

Juan Bernat from Valencia to Bayern [8m]
Ross McCormack from Leeds to Fulham [12m]   
Willy Caballero from Malaga to Man City [10m]
Dusan Tadic from FC Twente to Southamption [9m]
Gareth Barry from Man City to Everton [Free]

SUBSCRIBE TO MY GAMING CHANNEL ON YOUTUBE

Rob

Astonishing in that list that McCormack went for £12m. He's not worth that much but all the other players are probably worth more. Barry on a free after his ability last season is awesome for Everton.
SixersEagles

[/center]

Cory

Quote from: Rob on July 09, 2014, 02:53:14 PM
Astonishing in that list that McCormack went for £12m. He's not worth that much but all the other players are probably worth more. Barry on a free after his ability last season is awesome for Everton.

Yeah, was kinda surprised Fulham is chucking out that much money after relegation....but on paper anyways McCormack/Ruiz/Mitroglu should wreck havoc in the Championship.

Flins.

McCormack has been the leading goalscorer, or there abouts, in the championship for a good few years now. The fee is large, but if his goals get them back into the Premier League it is justifiable.

Cory

Alfred Finnbogason from SC Heerenveen to Real Sociedad [8m]
Ander Herrera from Athletic Bilbao to Man U [29m]
Pierre-Michel Lasogga from Hertha Berlin to Hamburg [7.5m]
Hakan Çalhanoğlu from Hamburg to Bayern Leverkusen [14m]
Jeremy Menez from PSG to AC Milan [Free]
Alex from PSG to AC Milan [Free]
Juan Iturbe from Porto to Hellas Verona [15m]

Rob

Quote from: Flins. on July 09, 2014, 05:01:58 PM
McCormack has been the leading goalscorer, or there abouts, in the championship for a good few years now. The fee is large, but if his goals get them back into the Premier League it is justifiable.

We signed the leading goalscorer in the 12/13 season for nothing.
SixersEagles

[/center]

Flins.

And? Not sure if you're missing my point or just being pedantic.

Cory

Alexis Sanchez to Arsenal for 30m  :D

Rob

And being the top scorer in the championship does not mean he's worth £12m. Murray didn't score a single goal in the Prem and Zamora, another top Championship scorer was woeful in the Prem. It's a consistent theme with good championship strikers.
SixersEagles

[/center]

Flins.

He only needs to be a success in the Championship to retain the value for his price tag though. He bags them 20+ goals en route to promotion, jobs a good 'un.

Jordan Rhodes would've been a more consistent striker to throw that kind of cash at, but he seems happy at Blackburn and unlikely to leave unless a Premiership club come looking (and willing to pay).

Rob

I don't think one player is worth £12m in the championship.
SixersEagles

[/center]

Kirk

Apparently Fulham do. This is the way things are going unless the people behind the FFP regulations grow some balls and start banning teams.
" class="bbc_img

" class="bbc_img