News:

Join our chat! - https://discord.gg/6vUfQnG

Main Menu

Official Transfer Thread

Started by Kenfucius, July 15, 2008, 03:20:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cory

Im gonna back Danny Ings to translate well from Championship play to EPL. Has the combo of elite speed, good strength and finishing ability.

SUBSCRIBE TO MY GAMING CHANNEL ON YOUTUBE

Rob

Well, we've just signed a Championship player for £8m.

Exclusively confirmed that Caulker has signed for Palace.

EDIT: Better clarify that I am absolutely over the moon with this signing. Big signing for us, shows intent in the market. It's a club record fee and it tells me if we're willing to spend £8m on a very good player like Caulker then the bosses at CPFC are not expecting another dog fight.
SixersEagles

[/center]

Cory

Caulker is a great signing, especially if you guys can end up keeping Ward...thats a crazy underrated backline.

Kirk

Apparently Evra is off to Juve for 1.6mil. A bargain. Utd's policy seem to be to buy for extortionate prices and give away our best players for practically nothing. What could possibly go wrong with a strategy like that? Rooney to Chelsea for a fiver and a bag of Quavers is coming next.
" class="bbc_img

" class="bbc_img

FXBlade

Evra is 33. Selling him at that price is a good deal.

Fergies locker room has finally been dissolved and van gaal can move forward positively

Rob

Fergie's last ever signing is asking to return to the club that made him. Zaha is asking to go back to Palace and we've apparently offered £7m. The reported £20m that Utd bought him for is some way off the mark as it was closer to £10m with £10m worth of incentives and add-on clauses.
SixersEagles

[/center]

Adam Wrong

The mccormack signing isn't anywhere near the 12 million reported and that's a fact. The fee is actually 6.8 million and will rise to 9.6 on promotion. It's very good business for Fulham especially with mitroglu going on loan to besiktas or trabsonzspor evidently. Mccormack, Rodellega combination should be effective in the championship.

Magath has completely rebuilt the squad. We now have only one starting 11 player over 30. He's made purchases from top European teams to bring in talent. So far in we have Hutchison from motherwell, kay Voser from basel, Taggart from Perth, Hoogland, stafylidis and mccormack. Currently linked with adil chidhi who has been one of the trialist players as well as Harry maguire from Sheffield United.

Sold Richardson to villa and kasami to olympiakos for 8 million shows an intent to go straight back up.

Cory

Rumors of today....

Sami Khedira to Arsenal for 23m   (Khedira/Ozil/Ramsey would easily be the most complete midfield in the Prem, especially if YaYa leaves which looks likely.)

Arturo Vidal to Man U for 35m        (Dont know why he would move to a club out of Europe this season, but would be a phenomenal signing for LVG)

Lazar Markovic to Liverpool for 25m (Well, same price range as the first two mentioned...and quality far inferior. Liverpool trying to pull a Spurs, throw a crazy amount of money around to compensate for losing a top 5 player in the world.)

Eliquim Mangala to Man City for 32m  (Well its Man City, but FAR FAR FAR too much money. Mangala is an athletic freak but is far to unproven to warrant that kind of price tag.)

Patrice Evra to Juventus for 2m  (for 2m, and excellent move. Evra still has a little left in the tank.)

Rob

Gylfi Sigurdsson bid accepted from us. Believed to be £8m-£10m

Stumbling block with Caulker. Bid is accepted and he would like to join us but Cardiff have also accepted a QPR bid. They are offering more money but he would prefer to join us.

Wilfried Zaha has asked Manchester United to be sold back to us and it's believed we've made a bid of £7m but that's complete rumour. From the Daily Mail no less.

Frazier Campbell is another one we've put in a bid for, 600k-800k
SixersEagles

[/center]

Rob

This Caulker transfer saga is really starting to annoy me. Some newspapers were reporting the deal as done and they were confirming it. Now it's nowhere near confirmed and still in talks. Well, I think that was a move by his agent to attract more clubs and more money. It's worked cause clubs don't think lowly Crystal Palace will offer much money.

Thing is we managed to re-sign Chamakh whilst other English clubs such as West Brom, Swansea and Aston Villa were trying to sign him and I bet they offered stupid money too.
SixersEagles

[/center]

Kirk

These comments I keep seeing about people surprised a player like Vidal would go to a team outside of Europe are ridiculous. It's not just any team outside of Europe. It's Manchester Utd.

These players aren't stupid. They know that this is a one year blip and that Utd will be right back where they belong before long. The more players like Vidal they sign, the quicker it will happen. They get a huge pay day and play at one of the biggest sports teams in the world. One season outside of Europe is not going to make that much of a difference to players coming to Utd, particularly as there's another 4 years to go to the next world cup. The players will be more expensive, but they won't say no to LVG and Utd just because thet had a bad season under Moyes.
" class="bbc_img

" class="bbc_img

Cory

Quote from: Kirk on July 17, 2014, 03:40:25 AM
These comments I keep seeing about people surprised a player like Vidal would go to a team outside of Europe are ridiculous. It's not just any team outside of Europe. It's Manchester Utd.

These players aren't stupid. They know that this is a one year blip and that Utd will be right back where they belong before long. The more players like Vidal they sign, the quicker it will happen. They get a huge pay day and play at one of the biggest sports teams in the world. One season outside of Europe is not going to make that much of a difference to players coming to Utd, particularly as there's another 4 years to go to the next world cup. The players will be more expensive, but they won't say no to LVG and Utd just because thet had a bad season under Moyes.

Im surprised that (before yesterdays news when I posted) he would leave a powerhouse like Juventus to go to a europe-less, Man U. Its not like Juventus is a push over club, their often times the best team in Italy and have a chance to do something in Champions League. A "huge pay day"?, Juventus has lots of money and wouldn't be surprised if his wages are pretty darn close if he makes a transfer....and WHEN they overpay it shows the difference in quality right now between the two clubs.

However with the appointment of Allegri, sadly a mass exodus of Juventus players should leave....hes easily one of the worst managers in football...horrible player management (as shown with playing an injured Thiago Silva) and he's had issues with Pirlo in the past.

Vidal would be excellent to see in the Prem and a perfect fit for Man U, but I'd fair to bet there isnt too many players this transfer window willing to bend over and grab their ankles to the beck and call of playing for Manchester United....as shown with the pretty much unjustifiable fees for Shaw and Herrera. This transfer window is gonna sting financially, luckily LVG is a tremendous manager and he'll get them in Europe next season.

Cory

Remy Cabella from Montpellier to Newcastle [9m]
Mathieu Debuchy from Newcastle to Arsenal
Graziano Pelle from Feyenoord to Southamption [8m]
Daryl Janmaat from Feyenoord to Newcastle [5m]
Filipe Luiz from Athletico Madrid to Chelsea [20m]
Enner Valencia from Pachua to West Ham
Toni Kroos from Bayern Munich to Real Madrid [22m]
Jan Oblak from Benfica to Athletico Madrid [14m]
Urby Emanuelson from Milan to Roma [Free]
Yann M'Vila from Rubin Kazan to Inter [Loan]
Adil Rami from Valencia to Milan [4m]
Juan Iturbe from Hellas Verona to Roma [20m]
Matthais Ginter from Freiberg to Dortmund [10m]

FXBlade

Quote from: Cory on July 17, 2014, 11:05:33 AM
Im surprised that (before yesterdays news when I posted) he would leave a powerhouse like Juventus to go to a europe-less, Man U. Its not like Juventus is a push over club, their often times the best team in Italy and have a chance to do something in Champions League. A "huge pay day"?, Juventus has lots of money and wouldn't be surprised if his wages are pretty darn close if he makes a transfer....and WHEN they overpay it shows the difference in quality right now between the two clubs.

However with the appointment of Allegri, sadly a mass exodus of Juventus players should leave....hes easily one of the worst managers in football...horrible player management (as shown with playing an injured Thiago Silva) and he's had issues with Pirlo in the past.

Vidal would be excellent to see in the Prem and a perfect fit for Man U, but I'd fair to bet there isnt too many players this transfer window willing to bend over and grab their ankles to the beck and call of playing for Manchester United....as shown with the pretty much unjustifiable fees for Shaw and Herrera. This transfer window is gonna sting financially, luckily LVG is a tremendous manager and he'll get them in Europe next season.

Juventus have own series a for the past 3 seasons?

New challenge, and who wouldn't want to be apart of a "new" UTD team as they rebuild? Not like they were relegated and were in the bottom half of the table.

Liverpool took 17 years to rebuild and get hem back into the top 2?

Rob

And to be fair, Man United finished 7th and are still one of the biggest teams in the world.

Do you remember Juve got relegated and mixed up in a lot of scandal a few years ago? Honestly, I'd sooner play for United any day.
SixersEagles

[/center]