News:

Join our chat! - https://discord.gg/6vUfQnG

Main Menu

Pete Postlethwaite dies, aged 64

Started by Conor, January 03, 2011, 10:46:58 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Conor

http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/showbiz/news/a295674/pete-postlethwaite-dies-aged-64.html

QuoteOscar-nominated actor Pete Postlethwaite has died at the age of 64, a spokesperson has confirmed.

Andrew Richardson, a journalist and close friend, stated that the screen star passed away at a hospital near his home in Shropshire following a long battle with cancer.

Postlethwaite received an Academy Award nod in 1994 for his work on IRA biography In The Name Of The Father and was made an OBE in the 2004 New Year's Honours List.

By the the time of his death, Postlethwaite had built up an extensive filmography of over 90 titles and was last seen in 2010 features Inception and The Town.

He was dubbed by Steven Spielberg after he worked on Jurassic Park sequel The Lost World as "the best actor in the world".

Postlethwaite is survived by his wife Jaqueline Morrish, a BBC producer whom he married in 2003, and their two children.

A great actor who always impressed me on screen. I didn't know he was fighting cancer. It's a very sad start to the new year, that's for sure.

Gary

Oh wow he was always good in the villain role, damn shame RIP.

[/center]

Quote from: jagilki on October 11, 2011, 05:21:41 PM
Midas would chop off his Penis if he thought it would win him a Mafia game.

Kurt

Definitely going to be missed. I never saw him in many major roles, but he always impresses me in a minor character role.

! JDM The Professional !

Always liked his work. Very first film I saw him in was the Usual Suspects. If only he grew a tash he would have looked like Lee Van Cleefe.

R.I.P... damn shame.

How happy is the blameless vestal's lot! The world forgetting, by the world forgot the eternal sunshine of the spotless mind! Each prayer accepted, and each wish resigned.

Quote from: Kise on February 29, 2012, 01:42:01 AM
Shake and bake, JDM! S-n-B!

!JDM'S Top Ten Movies of all Time!
1. Leon the Professional
2. American Beauty
3. Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless mind
4. The Big Lebowskie
5. There will be blood
6. A Clockwork Orange
7. Once upon a time in the West
8. The Proposition
9. Reservoir Dogs