News:

Check out our Site Partners!

80s Mania WrestlingDaShawns2cents on FacebookThe Efed PodcastESPN Sports SimsEWCThe Indy CornerMFX PodcastOld School WrestlingSLTD WrestlingWhat A Maneuver!Wrestleview.comWrestling Mayhem Show

Main Menu

Nick Cave, LCD Soundsystem and Angus/Julia Stone

Started by ! JDM The Professional !, January 23, 2011, 10:13:20 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

! JDM The Professional !

Grinderman was one of the greatest performances I have EVER seen in my life. Just got home tonight, but his 1 our headlining set at Big Day Out was phenomenal. He is up to par with ANY live act and any person fond of music NEEDS to see them live to know what I am talking about. It blew me away, and that's saying something.

LCD Soundsystem also kicked ass, well worth seeing before they split up for good if you get the chance.

Angus/Julia Stone were breathtaking. If you haven't heard of them, check them out!!!!

Big Day Out was fantastic!!

How happy is the blameless vestal's lot! The world forgetting, by the world forgot the eternal sunshine of the spotless mind! Each prayer accepted, and each wish resigned.

Quote from: Kise on February 29, 2012, 01:42:01 AM
Shake and bake, JDM! S-n-B!

!JDM'S Top Ten Movies of all Time!
1. Leon the Professional
2. American Beauty
3. Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless mind
4. The Big Lebowskie
5. There will be blood
6. A Clockwork Orange
7. Once upon a time in the West
8. The Proposition
9. Reservoir Dogs
10. Taxi Driver

Kieran King

I missed Grinderman at the Auckland show, because it started pouring down during Tool, so while I stuck at it at the main stage, I couldn't be bothered wandering off to the other side of the site to see them. I can't speak for a lot of bands, since there's no way near enough time to fit them all in, but I can't imagine anyone putting on a more phenomenal show than Rammstein did. I went in there with just the intention of catching a bit of Rammstein, as I only knew two songs, but then I wound up pushing closer and closer to the stage because the show was so theatrical and got everybody completely absorbed in it. There was a man on fire and everything.

! JDM The Professional !

Quote from: Kieran King on January 23, 2011, 02:04:06 PM
I missed Grinderman at the Auckland show, because it started pouring down during Tool, so while I stuck at it at the main stage, I couldn't be bothered wandering off to the other side of the site to see them. I can't speak for a lot of bands, since there's no way near enough time to fit them all in, but I can't imagine anyone putting on a more phenomenal show than Rammstein did. I went in there with just the intention of catching a bit of Rammstein, as I only knew two songs, but then I wound up pushing closer and closer to the stage because the show was so theatrical and got everybody completely absorbed in it. There was a man on fire and everything.

Rammstein seemed alright when I saw them, didn't stay for much, although the theatrics were cool as. The cannons rocked :D

Tool bored the shit out of me. Honestly, a few years back I would never have said that, but the entire BDO crowd were basically bored. They put no effort in. Was disappointing.

How happy is the blameless vestal's lot! The world forgetting, by the world forgot the eternal sunshine of the spotless mind! Each prayer accepted, and each wish resigned.

Quote from: Kise on February 29, 2012, 01:42:01 AM
Shake and bake, JDM! S-n-B!

!JDM'S Top Ten Movies of all Time!
1. Leon the Professional
2. American Beauty
3. Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless mind
4. The Big Lebowskie
5. There will be blood
6. A Clockwork Orange
7. Once upon a time in the West
8. The Proposition
9. Reservoir Dogs
10. Taxi Driver

Kieran King

Quote from: ! JDM The Professional ! on January 24, 2011, 10:05:36 AM
Tool bored the shit out of me. Honestly, a few years back I would never have said that, but the entire BDO crowd were basically bored. They put no effort in. Was disappointing.

Seriously? They were pretty into it at the show I was at. Enough so for the entire stadium of people to stick around despite it pouring down. Everybody I saw put on pretty good shows.