News:

Join our chat! - https://discord.gg/6vUfQnG

Main Menu

Smallville Countdown to finale

Started by Gary, February 19, 2011, 12:36:10 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gary

With Smallville ending in 10 episodes and after tonights episode which I think was the first of the final arc, I wanna get some discussion going on the show. The season itself has been superb and kinda sucks its ending but at the same time its good that they are gonna end on a high note. I liked how the finally introduced the glasses tonight, and actually explained that its not just the glasses that makes Clark well..um.. Clark but the entire attitude of being an average joe, I do wanna see how they play that part out in the next couple of episodes. The Ollie reveal with the Omega symbol was kinda predictable but I do wanna see what they do there.

[/center]

Quote from: jagilki on October 11, 2011, 05:21:41 PM
Midas would chop off his Penis if he thought it would win him a Mafia game.

Judge

The last two seasons of smallville have been extremely good.  I don't know if the creators left the show or what, or if they knew it was ending and stepped up the ballgame.  But seriously if you haven't been watching it, start at S9 and then this season, it's REALLY getting good.

Midas

I just watched it and found the Ollie/Omega reveal to be odd... I mean why would Chloe take the time to x-ray her skull when all she would have to do is walk in front of a blacklight to reveal the symbol. Am I mistaken about this scene?

Gary

[/center]

Midas

Quote from: Gary on February 19, 2011, 05:36:26 PM
Maybe she didn't know?

Possible but it seems like everyone is relying on x-rays even Clark who uses his X-ray vision to see the Omega sign. Just seems like if Blacklight would work it would be a standard thing the heroes would carry in order to weed out the darkness...

I think maybe in the future episodes we might see something like this...

BTW

"Microvision... They are my abilities I can name them what I want" LMAO

Gary

I fucking hated the last episode, a hangover rip off in the last episodes?? Sure in season 9 it would've been ok or whatever but no in the last 10 episodes.

[/center]

Jimmy Helmsley

I've seen several shows this year do a hangover type episode.  It's already gotten old.  But yeah, I agree with you that it shouldn't have been done in the final season.  I guess they just needed a filler episode.  Tomorrow night's episode looks to be awesome before a break then the final episodes.

Tezmission Black

The last ten minutes was really the only thing I liked of the last episode, where Cloe mentions the people she's met. I don't think we'll get to see Wonderwomen or Batman in the series, but it is a good tie in.

Gary

Yeah the line about a billionaire with toys and a wonderous woman was pretty cool. They did want Batman back in the early seasons but when Batman Begins became a hit and Chris Nolan got some say so, he put a stop to it.

[/center]

Tezmission Black

From what I read the whole series of Smallville started as a thought of doing a young Bruce Wayne TV series, but the producers did not like it and wanted something about superman instead.

Also can't wait for the Booster Gold Episode and the one with the Blue Beetle just to see how they do it.

Kieran King

Quote from: Allister Black on March 04, 2011, 01:43:17 PM
From what I read the whole series of Smallville started as a thought of doing a young Bruce Wayne TV series, but the producers did not like it and wanted something about superman instead.

That's more or less what I've read too. Also, that Oliver Queen/Green Arrow was brought in because of the whole Batman Begins thing ruling out using Bruce Wayne/Batman.

Gary

Yup, they also wanted to do a Dick Grayson show but after the Aquaman spin off failed that went kaput.

[/center]

Fnord

The whole Connor Kent--Superboy thing was kinda cool.  lol

Quote[Today at 12:56:15 PM] Duckman: Fnording=the act of not realising something very obvious 
Quote from: AlexK on July 25, 2010, 12:23:31 AMI love you, Fnord.

Gary

I liked the episode, and it actually made sense cause that Clark blood vial thing was seemingly dropped years ago and I like how they brought it back to close that little plot hole.

[/center]

Fnord

He was wearing the black Superboy shirt at the end and I totally marked out... lol

Quote[Today at 12:56:15 PM] Duckman: Fnording=the act of not realising something very obvious 
Quote from: AlexK on July 25, 2010, 12:23:31 AMI love you, Fnord.