News:

Check out our Site Partners!

80s Mania WrestlingDaShawns2cents on FacebookThe Efed PodcastESPN Sports SimsEWCThe Indy CornerMFX PodcastOld School WrestlingSLTD WrestlingWhat A Maneuver!Wrestleview.comWrestling Mayhem Show

Main Menu

Smallville Countdown to finale

Started by Gary, February 19, 2011, 12:36:10 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Exile

i didnt hate that episode though the kid playing Conner is a terrible terrible actor. I kinda wish lois was a little more sceeved out by him since he was basically about to rape her and hope that darkseid looks a bit better than the 2 seconds of CGI that we saw of him.

That said, not a terrible episode. 6/10 which is about par for the season. Considering i usually give the show a 2 or 3 out of ten, this has been a good season.

Gary

Yeah that almost rape scene was a bit dark for Smallville, as for Darkseid I agree but I am also afraid of the Smallville make up and costume department when it comes to big bads on the show, look at Doomsday.

[/center]

Quote from: jagilki on October 11, 2011, 05:21:41 PM
Midas would chop off his Penis if he thought it would win him a Mafia game.

Gary

[/center]

Black Death

"Asuka, gives you two thumbs up"

Fnord

I loved the Booster Gold/Blue Beetle episode.  It was awesome.

Quote[Today at 12:56:15 PM] Duckman: Fnording=the act of not realising something very obvious 
Quote from: AlexK on July 25, 2010, 12:23:31 AMI love you, Fnord.

Tezmission Black

Three Episodes left, makes me sad, but knowing Lex is coming back it's gonna be awesome.

Although Friday's episode was one of the lowest watched episodes in the past three or more seasons even though I enjoyed it, Callum Blue makes a great Zod, was looking forward to that episode.

Gary

I liked the fight scenes, very 300 esque..funny with Zach Snyder directing the re-boot. I think it was one of the bloodiest Smallville eps I've seen. Callum Blue is awesome, to bad he wont be part of the finale.

[/center]

Tezmission Black

Next season seems to be a heavy Green Arrow episode with him looking for the Bow of Orion, can't wait to see what they do with it being the last leading to the two hour series end on the 13th.

Exile

the finale sucked. I mean like...seriously seriously seriously sucked.  I feel like giving it a 4 out of 10 is being generous.

Exile

SPOILERS. If you havent watched then you can read the post above. Okay? Good.

-------------------------------------------------------------------

I was genuinely looking forward to this. I thought that they had everything lined up and was going to be able to knock this out of the park but this was a huge swing and a miss for me.

There was absolutely nothing to this entire episode. Oh no! The world is going to end because a planet is going to ram the earth. No wait, nevermind. He moved it.

I wasnt expecting a big fight scene but there was supposed to be something amazing and inspirational here to show people hope and the light and basically they got The Blur. There was no sense of awe.

Honestly with the exception of Lex's initial scene I just felt that it was repetitive and damn near dismissive.

What the hell was that 7 years later bit too? Lois and Clark have been playing pretend for this entire time? Cmon. What was the point to that?

Very very disappointed. Honestly I think I would give it a 4 out of 10.

Gary

I don't know I liked it. I did want more out of Lex and was really dissapointed about it but hey Rosenbaum waited till the very end to say yes so I'm guessing they had to scramble to get whatever they could out of him, but the end scene with the classic Superman theme just as Clark reveals the S-shield made it up for me. Smallville was never about the big fight scenes it was about the Journey..could they had done a better job? Yeah they could've but the finally flying scene was pretty bad ass to me and actually marked out for it, they did waste Darkseid and the long shots of Superman was kinda meh, but that final scene..made it for me. Maybe in a few weeks I'll come off it but fresh off my mind, liked it..better than Superman Returns at least.

[/center]

Exile

The only thing Ill give it over Superman Returns is that there was a significantly better Lois and Luthor. I wasnt in it for the fight scenes, Smallville was never going to be able to deliver on that because of its budget. But i thought that there was be a sense of epicness to it. I watched the first hour and went okay, NOW here we go that all of the pandering stuff is done. Then watching that hour I thought, okay, now in this last half hour they are really going to knock this out of the park. And then it was all shoved in the final 5 minutes.

Honestly, anyone who complains about the Lost finale and plotholes there better not say a damn thing about this one.

Lois and Clark waiting in secret for 7 years? Lex loses his ENTIRE identity but still is Lex Luthor? How the fuck is there a comic book about Smallville if Superman's identity was a damn secret? Why the fuck didnt Ollie just shoot the bad guys with an arrow before? Seems like that wouldve been the first thing he did if thats all it took. Why was the fucking suit underground when it was on display every other time?

I dunno Gary. I really really wanted this to be good. I wasnt expecting Buffy series finale because they dont have that writing staff or cast of actors but at least put Tom Welling in the goddamn suit. This should have been the thing that makes you go, fuck man. I love superman. I just love everything about him. Instead i was hoping that Christian Bale would show up with a kryptonite ring and punch him in his stupid ass head.

The first hour was mindless and repetitive and the second hour felt like a well fuck it we have to end it anyway.

I just wanted to feel SOMETHING for the time and effort put forth and I was just left pissed off.

Gary

I do think they should've added on episode after last weeks and before this one. I think what turned it down was that it felt rushed. I will say this the Lex Luthor thing I saw a mile away (brain wipe) but was actually expecting that it would happen to everyone, seeing as the episode mentioned a lot about memories and the past and such. I will agree the comic thing was hokey, but the Ollie thing if you remember he stopped being Green Arrow months ago, thats why when he grabbed the bow it seemed significant and thus why he hadn't attacked them before. The seven year thing..I don't get. Lex I guess was just their way to keep him being Lex but forget that Clark is Superman. It wasn't perfect, but I felt satisfied, again maybe in a few weeks I'll nit pick it too hell.

[/center]

Exile

he was using a bow and arrow the entire season he just wasnt wearing a green hood. I just dont know why that became so dismissable. I have help from above, the show something with them. That wouldve been the perfect cameo for some of the justice league guys to bust in or SOMETHING.

I honestly figured that darkseid was going to do just that gary. He would come down, clark would beat him back, he would relent and then say you have won the day but lost everyone you care about and wipe him being Superman from everyones memories and you would have had this potentially tragic ending but clark perseveres determined to make sure that people like darkseid never let the darkness win.

SOMETHING for fucks sake. This was NOTHING. Nothing happened in this entire episode. The more i think about it the more pissed off i get. It just wasnt a series finale. They shouldve let Geoff Johns or someone else write this. Hell get Millar and Gough to come back and give a fuck and work on SOMETHING for the show.

Honestly it just seemed like they said, we want to make sure the last shot is him ripping off the shirt for the S with john williams score. Who cares about anything else just make sure you get to that scene.

Midas

I was ofcourse excited like everyone for the finale and here are some of my thoughts... (Spoilers be warned)

--- First hour was just fucking awful IMO, I mean at times I just wanted to fast forward and not be forced to hear the soul searching part of the story. I mean hell the wedding vowels bit was just boring and had my mind wondering and all of Clarks soul searching just felt like it could have been done over the course of many episodes and they didn't have to waste a hour of the finale for it. I was so bored that I paused it and read the actual words on Clarks vowels because they were not matching what he was saying in the voice over.

--- It seemed like the Dark Oliver Queen angle was poorly done, IMO they hinted earlier in the season that he was going to be a bad guy toward the end but then waited till the final couple episodes to push it and then squashed it in a premature way. I mean Clark convinces him to come out of it and then boom he kills the 3 baddies and all is well... Just seemed like a rushed ending to a storyline...

--- I said to myself when Tess was about to have her heart cut out "They won't kill her off and instead Lionel will give the heart" and sure enough it happened that way. But then they go off and kill her at the hands of Lex for what purpose? Also maybe someone can fill me in on exactly what happened with Lex and his memory. I mean Tess rubbed some nero toxin on him and he can't remember anything now?

--- I will admit however that I was grinning ear to ear when Lex showed back up and he said "Clark"... I mean it was just a great fucking moment IMO and the entire scene between them just brought me back to the earlier days of Smallville and the conflict between the two.

--- The ending felt rushed but like Gary said it was well worth it to finally see him wearing the suit and yeah there seemed to be allot of plot holes like Lemke mentioned but all in all when he went to the roof and ran toward the camera revealing the suit it just felt like everything was complete...

It basically left me feeling complete and not disappointed and yeah they could have done it several different ways that might have satisfied me more but none the less they did it this way and here we are. It was nice to see them fit in allot of the old characters and made me smile allot so well done to a extent.