News:

Join our chat! - https://discord.gg/6vUfQnG

Main Menu

Smallville Countdown to finale

Started by Gary, February 19, 2011, 12:36:10 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Exile

I was okay with the Tess stuff honestly. It was the better part of the show.

I cant say how much i loved the scene with Lex and Clark. Rosenbaum just fucking nailed it. That opening line about how Clark says his line i honestly believe is one of the best moments of the entire series.

I just dont get the reasoning behind not showing him in costume. Or the ghost or spirit or whatever the fuck jonathan was suddenly being able to hold the suit with corporal form. But it was all long cgi shots. We never actually saw him in the suit. I dont know if its because welling couldnt fit into it. If he looked doughy or unSupes like or what. But we were robbed of that actual shot. It was still the fucking blur.

Exile

man...im a lot angrier than i thought i would be. LOL.

Midas

I see that... I am actually shocked at how angry you are...

You want to talk about shitty finales let me talk to you about LOST! LMAO

Exile

I just feel like the missed the mark. I thought they set everything up perfectly. Superman is the inspiration. Everyone should have seen that and they just didnt do it. He was there for this perfect moment against Darkseid...and they didnt deliver. They set it up for Welling in the superman suit. And they didnt deliver. They wanted him to be the light but hes still this anonymous blur.

Dammit. I just wanted...this.

Tezmission Black

You wanna talk shitty finale's you should of seen Stargate Universe's on Monday...grrr lots of hate on that one.

Anyways, Im going to comment later when I have more time to write stuff but I wanted to defend one thing that was brought up.

The thing with Lex losing his memories and everything, that does not mean he won't be Lex "Fucking" Luthor. My way to defend this is that even if you lose your memories(Which it is covered in a earlier episode of Smallville is impossible, you can only suppress them), your still who you are, your nature is still there. My way of seeing it, is that Lex is still Lex, he is still the same evil Luthor that he is destined to be, but thing of it this way, he may not remember who he is, but he knows deep in the back of his mind that he hates "The Blur" "Superman" Whoever, he knows he does not like this man and thats whats going to turn him into the Lex we know and love.

Just my thoughts on that on it.

Exile

the thing that pissed me off about them not ONLY wiping clark as supes from him is that you lose all that amazing stuff that showed HOW he got to be the way that he is. The journey for him is gone which almost makes the ten years on luthors side, worthless.

Tezmission Black

Ok here's my thing about the last season of Smallville.

It should of had more build up to the end, I mean the whole season should of been about the climax at the end. I mean there are episodes I would of loved to see in there, the Booster Gold/Blue Beetle, and the Zod ones, but there where a lot that really had nothing to do with the end game at all and it would of just been good if they had put the wedding stuff and really anything that did not have to do with Darkseid on the back burner.

They knew this was there last season and honestly I was amped, I enjoyed it but in retrospect I wish they had done more of the storyline building, a better Darkseid.

And Damnit, why is Chloe still alive? I mean she was supposed to be the death that drove Clark to the point of the suit, I mean after watching the clip Lemke posted(Which I had not seen in Years), that should of been similar to what they should of done with Chloe, I mean not one Omega Beam in the whole time they where building Darkseid up? Don't get me wrong I like Chloe, but she was not in the normal comics and her death, for me, would of really tied up any loose ends the series had.

Now, I agree there should of been an episode between the second to last episode and the finale, but for me I had no problem with the first hour of the finale, I just think it should of been the second to last episode and then had a two hour finale.

As I said I seen nothing really wrong with the Lex thing and him killing Tess off was just tying up another loose end to tie it into the comic. The way they did it, they transformed a TV show that you would of never bought as a Superman show apart from the powers and turned it into what your used too.

Was the whole thing with the suit BS? Yes, yes it was, but whatcha gonna do? We can't get all our wishes answered.

With all that being said it was a far better finale then some of the ones that have been coming out.