Join our chat! - https://discord.gg/6vUfQnG

Main Menu

Nate Dogg dead at 41

Started by Alex Smiley, March 16, 2011, 03:19:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Alex Smiley

:(

http://www.presstelegram.com/news/ci_17622472?source=rss

QuoteLONG BEACH â€" Nathaniel D. Hale, known in the music industry as Nate Dogg, died Tuesday, his family announced Tuesday.

The hip-hop star, born and reared in Long Beach, Calif. was 41.

Cause of death was not announced. However, Hale had been in fragile health and constant care since suffering two strokes, one in 2007 and another in 2008.

Hale's near monotone crooning anchored some of rap's most seminal songs and helped define the sound of West coast hip-hop.

Attorney Mark Geragos said Nate Dogg, whose real name was Nathaniel D. Hale, died Tuesday of complications from multiple strokes.

Nate Dogg wasn't a rapper, but he was an integral figure in the genre: His deep voice wasn't particularly melodic, but its tone - at times menacing, at times playful, yet always charming - provided just the just the right touch on hits including Warren G's "Regulate," 50 Cent's "21 Questions," Dr. Dre's "The Next Episode" and countless others.

While Nate Dogg provided hooks for rappers from coast to coast, the Long Beach native is best known for his contributions to the West Coast soundtrack provided by the likes of Snoop Dogg, Dr. Dre, the Dogg Pound and more. Nate Dogg was even part of a supergroup" featuring Snoop Dogg and Warren G, called 213.

Nate Dogg also put out his own solo projects but was best known for his collaborations with others.

Last year, Warren G said Nate Dogg was in therapy but needed help.

"Everybody just gotta keep him in their prayers, cause he had two strokes and that's real dangerous. And a lot of people don't come back from that," he said in an interview to HipHollywood. "Cause the game needs him, I need him."

After word of his death spread, tributes poured in to the Press-Telegram web site, where his death was first reported.

Jeff Muro of Cerritos College said, "I wish I could click a "sad" button," and Amen Miller of Seattle wrote, "His soulful voice will never be replaced. The game just lost a very talented vocalist. R.I.P. NATE DOGG"

On Twitter Long Beach music legend Snoop Dogg tweeted, "We lost a true legend n hip hop n rnb. One of my best friends n a brother to me since 1986 when I was a sophomore at poly high where we met."

Requests for further information should be emailed to lovehappy484@yahoo.com.

â€" The Associated Press contributed to this report.

A shame, to be honest. Both hip-hop and Long Beach are at a loss with his passing. My thoughts and prayers go out to his family during this time.

Quote from: JackHondo on October 24, 2012, 07:31:28 AM
You're right, Jesus is nicer. But Alex is a close second.

MattWard

Rest In Peace Nate D.O Double G the originator of G-Funk.

Cory

Best hook man in the business, G-Funk era lost a great,

RIP

SUBSCRIBE TO MY GAMING CHANNEL ON YOUTUBE

Wild

*sheds a tear*

All Dogs go to Heaven

-Snoop Dogg
(his tweet about Nate Dogg this morning.)

This is a sad day today in all of hip-hop.