News:

Check out our Site Partners!

80s Mania WrestlingDaShawns2cents on FacebookThe Efed PodcastESPN Sports SimsEWCThe Indy CornerMFX PodcastOld School WrestlingSLTD WrestlingWhat A Maneuver!Wrestleview.comWrestling Mayhem Show

Main Menu

Best Pop Music?

Started by Rob, April 25, 2011, 05:53:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rob

Hey

So pop music is a bit of a tetchy subject nowadays with a lot of people steering well clear of the likes of Lady Gaga, Akon and Rihanna, but out of all current pop music, which songs are the best?

I ask this because it struck me recently that I'm actually a big fan of the likes of Tinie Tempah, Plan B, Jessie J and Rihanna...

How about you guys?
SixersEagles

[/center]

Sgt. Josh Underpants

Rihanna isn't really considered Pop as far as most people are concerned, but if you count her as such than you can add me to the list of being a fan of hers

Mandy Moore- She isn't in the spotlight really at all, but she is still putting out music that she wants and it sounds great to me.
Miranda Cosgrove- Yes it's the iCarly chick, but girls has got a voice and I enjoy her music.
Lesley Roy- Another sort of unknown, but I managed to pick up her last CD and I love the thing.
Shank â€" Action Josh Madrid does towards anyone making a racial slur towards latinos on the SB, his main target is usually Midas.
You Are Game Will Evolve
Quote from: Judge Reinhold on September 16, 2009, 07:30:31 AM
This dude is the most cracker looking beaner you\'ll ever meet.

Drama Queen

I'm not sure what counts as pop but there are a couple of really mainstream artists that I enjoy, namely Shakira and Pink. I don't know how to put things into genres in music but I suppose they would both be considered pop?

Rob

For me, pop music is anything that is mainstream music. Or, popular music...
SixersEagles

[/center]

The Janitor

that is the original definition yes, just like ''indy'' was originally independant, after a while a certain style is attached to the words, and i think it's the style rather than the original definition thats being referred to here, for instance Metallica isn't considered pop music etc.

I have to actually say, considering the fact that i usually can't stand any pop music, i'm really enjoying Take Thats new stuff. I dont know why, it's catchy as hell, but i always hated them before.

Okay, take your digs, i know they're coming

Adam Wrong

I would say Rihanna especially is churning out awesomely catchy tracks especially 'Who's that chick' with David Guetta.

To be honest, Chris Brown's stuff with dance producers is cracking too.

Smash INC

I'm not a fan of pop music.

Popular music however I can definitely enjoy and Plan B, Dizzee Rascal, Florence & the Machine and Example are all artists I can happily listen to. Also Christina Aguilera's last album was actually quite good in some areas and was a decent take on electro. And how could I forget to add Chase & Status!

I try to ignore Gaga in the hopes that she'll go away.

Sadly Jessie J came out with a stunner of a song and then just slumped...

Jonny Briggs

I'm guessing that we are talking recent pop otherwise you bring Fleetwood Mac, Beach Boys, early Beatles etc. into the conversation. That being said from a personal standpoint I tend to find I'll like one tune & hate the rest of the album. The last pop band who I genuinely thought were outstanding were Girls Aloud. They had some deadly tunes & even though only one of them has a great voice (Nadine) they sound brilliant together.

Recent tracks that I've loved:

"Runaway" by Devlin
"Price Tag" by Jessie J
"Set Fire To The Rain" by Adele
"Starry Eyed" by Ellie Goulding
& the guy who won X Factor put a brilliant cover of "Nights In White Satin" by Moody Blues on his Christmas single (I feel I should point out that my girlfriend bought the single... not me. Still a fantastic cover though)