News:

Check out our Site Partners!

80s Mania WrestlingDaShawns2cents on FacebookThe Efed PodcastESPN Sports SimsEWCThe Indy CornerMFX PodcastOld School WrestlingSLTD WrestlingWhat A Maneuver!Wrestleview.comWrestling Mayhem Show

Main Menu

Truth, Justice, and The American Way?

Started by Tezmission Black, May 02, 2011, 12:22:21 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tezmission Black

Not anymore it would seem.

http://screenrant.com/superman-renounces-american-citizenship-benm-113080/

I read this on MSN the other day but lost the link before I could post something about it.

This is kinda crazy but his logic seems solid.

Conor

I still need to read Action Comics #900, but from what I've heard of this, it just sounds silly. I mean, not only did Superman spend most of the last few years not even living on Earth, but the stupid "Grounded" arc has seen him walking across America for the past year to get back in touch with his roots.

Superman may be seen as an American icon, but in the comics, at least, he's considered more like a citizen of the world. As long as this doesn't result in another ridiculous story like "Grounded," it's not that big a deal for me.

You know Superman comics are in a bad way when Lex Luthor has had the most interesting storyline for the past year.

Exile

Thats because Paul Cornell wrote the shit out of that storyline.

Conor

Cornell was also responsible for the really entertaining Knight & Squire mini-series. Check that comic out if you haven't already!