News:

Check out our Site Partners!

80s Mania WrestlingDaShawns2cents on FacebookThe Efed PodcastESPN Sports SimsEWCThe Indy CornerMFX PodcastOld School WrestlingSLTD WrestlingWhat A Maneuver!Wrestleview.comWrestling Mayhem Show

Main Menu

Lately

Started by Tim-Æ, May 02, 2011, 11:57:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tim-Æ

Scream 4 - Unnecessary sequel, but the whodunit style was still pretty effective, if pointless in the end, as the most obvious suspect, is the killer. - C

Paul - Hilarious. Rogen's getting a bit stale, but Peg and Frost are still chugging along. Also, Kristen Wiig is probably my favorite comedic actress right now, she's a scene stealing riot. B+

Source Code - Brokeback Jake storming back to a decent leading role and a complex sci-fi twister. Thoroughly enjoyed this, it's great at keeping your attention. Directed by the same dude who did the highly underrated Moon w/ Sam Rockwell. Ending leaves a bit to be desired but I feel it's projecting a possible sequel/series. A-

Fast Five - Three things I hate about movies. Paul Walker. Vin Diesel. movies about cars (like Cars). Three things I love. Great action. Great stunts. Great heist/chase scenes. Guess what movie has all of these? It was actually pretty entertaining, and I never thought I'd say that about a Fast and Furious movie. B+

Hanna - I love Cate Blanchett. She's the best part of this subtle actioner that provides pretty breathtaking fighting sequences, but rather poor pacing. Still, the focus is on how much of a badass Saorise Ronan is and she does a great job. A far cry from being that ugly kid in Atonement. B

Your Highness - Typical gross out humor, nothing really amazing going on here. Natalie Portman is worth the admission though. B

Rubber - Stupid indie film about a killer tire. I wouldn't waste your time. It has some funny sequences it, but it deters from the actual plot for some "fourth wall" bullshit. C

Hobo, With a Shotgun - Rutger Hauer returns to B-movie glory to blow shit up. It's fun, if brainless. B

Limitless - Bradley Cooper in good company. It starts with a pretty intriguing premise, but quickly deteriorates into a "junky tale" about users who can't get over their drugs. Meh. B-

Rango - Certainly not meant for kids, it's a far cry from the animated fare you'd usually see in the theaters. Pretty aggressive animation. Definitely more adult oriented, which is fine. Pretty predictable story, but overall it was a decent watch. Good to see Depp doing something that doesn't require him to be riding a boat for 2 hours and talking like a dickhead pirate. B-

The Green Hornet - Awful. Bad action, bad acting. The fact that Michel Gondry put his name on it is even more surprising. C-

I've decided to see Thor for some reason.

Cory

Hobo with a Shotgun was produced just 5 minutes from my house, and I watched some of the filming. It was a highly entertaining movie.

SUBSCRIBE TO MY GAMING CHANNEL ON YOUTUBE