News:

Check out our Site Partners!

80s Mania WrestlingDaShawns2cents on FacebookThe Efed PodcastESPN Sports SimsEWCThe Indy CornerMFX PodcastOld School WrestlingSLTD WrestlingWhat A Maneuver!Wrestleview.comWrestling Mayhem Show

Main Menu

Michael Bay recycles footage SHOCKER.

Started by Duckman, July 06, 2011, 11:42:52 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Duckman

Ok, it's not really a shocker and you guys probably have already seen this but Michael Bay has recycled a couple of stunt scenes from his film The Island for Transformers 3.

Here's the video:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H7kcqB3thJM&feature=player_embedded

And here's Film Drunk's comments which made me LOL:

This video racked up 1.7 million views while I was on vacation, so there’s a decent chance you’ve already seen it. Those of you who have can humor the rest of us while we catch up. Basically, a sharp-eyed YouTube user named Jermain Odreman found a few shots from The Island that were remarkably similar to shots from Transformers 3. And by remarkably similar, I mean they were the same footage with different CGI added. As you can see above, they’re either the same shot or Bay took great pains to replicate scenes from his least successful movie. People reacted as if this was finally the damning evidence against Michael Bay that we needed. Said one YouTube commenter:

“In the age of advanced CGI, it’s really sad to recycle scenes from movies made 6 years ago.”

Really?  Is it?  I would say advanced CGI made that possible.  And *I* had to watch the clip two or three times before I could determine which parts were actually the same, so I doubt your average Michael Bay fan with a propeller beanie and chocolate all over his face is going to drop his giant lollipop and demand a refund in the middle of the film.  As far as things they did to increase Transformers‘ profit margins, I’d be less worried about re-using a half-second car stunt than about them basically sticking an infomercial for Mercedes in the middle of the movie.  Or how about when they illustrate the leaning office building with a closeup on a the liquid level of a Bushmills bottle (because obviously racks of whiskey bottles are everywhere in an OFFICE BUILDING)?  Get over it. “Using the same shot with different CGI added” is as perfect a metaphor for Michael Bay’s entire career as you’re going to get.

God I LOVE that site! lol.

Peace

Duckman
Check out the MFX Podcast today!  http://www.marksforxcellence.com/?cat=1

Subscribe to MFX via Stitcher or Itunes.  Just search: Marks for Xcellence Podcast.

Marq

For almost a whole year, this was THE running joke between the roto-artists/compositors who worked on it, here. :)
"Behind you, Primo! WATCH OUT!"

Gary

[/center]

Quote from: jagilki on October 11, 2011, 05:21:41 PM
Midas would chop off his Penis if he thought it would win him a Mafia game.

Marq

I was talking with one of the compositors while we were talking UFC one day, and I'm paraphrasing, but it pretty much went like this:

Mike: "It was hilarious."
Me: "Do directors typically do that?"
Mike: "If they like a shot and it's quick enough, I guess. I wouldn't be surprised if there's more in there."
Me: "Weird."
Mike: "I'm half-expecting to see Bruce Willis from 'Armageddon' on one of the NASA screens."
"Behind you, Primo! WATCH OUT!"

Black Death

Quote from: Marq on July 07, 2011, 10:50:06 AM
I was talking with one of the compositors while we were talking UFC one day, and I'm paraphrasing, but it pretty much went like this:

Mike: "It was hilarious."
Me: "Do directors typically do that?"
Mike: "If they like a shot and it's quick enough, I guess. I wouldn't be surprised if there's more in there."
Me: "Weird."
Mike: "I'm half-expecting to see Bruce Willis from 'Armageddon' on one of the NASA screens."

lmao
"Asuka, gives you two thumbs up"

Black Death

Sgt. Josh Underpants

Both those videos are obviously cheaply made shots at Michael Bay, and I am disgusted by their sheer level of stupidity.

EVERYONE knows that if it involves Michael Bay explosions should be seen and heard, not just lightly pointed at in a comical sense.

Geeze come on if ur gonna do something do it right bunch of loser nerds thinking they are able to mess with the almighty King Bay.

Fuck, rant done, and I swear if I see one of you losers respond with a TLDR, you better be prepared for the rant to end all rants.

Homie don't play that shit no more, I will shank a mother fucker if you try and fuck with me
Shank â€" Action Josh Madrid does towards anyone making a racial slur towards latinos on the SB, his main target is usually Midas.
You Are Game Will Evolve
Quote from: Judge Reinhold on September 16, 2009, 07:30:31 AM
This dude is the most cracker looking beaner you\'ll ever meet.

Gary

Quote from: Capt. Josh Underpants on July 07, 2011, 03:04:25 PM
Both those videos are obviously cheaply made shots at Michael Bay, and I am disgusted by their sheer level of stupidity.

EVERYONE knows that if it involves Michael Bay explosions should be seen and heard, not just lightly pointed at in a comical sense.

Geeze come on if ur gonna do something do it right bunch of loser nerds thinking they are able to mess with the almighty King Bay.

Fuck, rant done, and I swear if I see one of you losers respond with a TLDR, you better be prepared for the rant to end all rants.

Homie don't play that shit no more, I will shank a mother fucker if you try and fuck with me

MLNL

[/center]

Sgt. Josh Underpants

Shank â€" Action Josh Madrid does towards anyone making a racial slur towards latinos on the SB, his main target is usually Midas.
You Are Game Will Evolve
Quote from: Judge Reinhold on September 16, 2009, 07:30:31 AM
This dude is the most cracker looking beaner you\'ll ever meet.

Tezmission Black

Quote from: Capt. Josh Underpants on July 07, 2011, 04:05:21 PM
Hey Gary You should meet my friend

His name is Bob

Wait...I've seen that bear.....that's the Grizzly Man bear...hmm thinks of a Grizzly Man movie, maybe we could get Bay to direct.

Duckman

Josh, straighten that propeller beanie and wipe the chocolate off your face... :)

Peace

Duckman
Check out the MFX Podcast today!  http://www.marksforxcellence.com/?cat=1

Subscribe to MFX via Stitcher or Itunes.  Just search: Marks for Xcellence Podcast.

Gary

lol just pictured josh on one of those rides they have outside super markets.

[/center]

Black Death

BSW Recuirter