News:

Check out our Site Partners!

80s Mania WrestlingDaShawns2cents on FacebookThe Efed PodcastESPN Sports SimsEWCThe Indy CornerMFX PodcastOld School WrestlingSLTD WrestlingWhat A Maneuver!Wrestleview.comWrestling Mayhem Show

Main Menu

To Catch a Predator' host Chris Hansen

Started by BSW Recuirter, July 11, 2011, 01:42:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BSW Recuirter

'To Catch a Predator' host Chris Hansen has been embroiled in a scandal since reports surfaced that he'd been caught cheating on his wife.

Now it seems that the scandal may have cost him more than just marital harmony -- it may also have cost him a much-coveted job.

According to 'The New York Post,' NBC was set to name Hansen as the new 'Dateline' anchor next month after current anchor Ann Curry landed the top job at 'Today,' but the plan has been scrapped by NBC brass, who believe the scandal has damaged Hansen.

The 'Post' quotes a source as saying that "Hansen was to be announced as a lead anchor. ... While NBC is publicly playing down the scandal, it's thrown their plans into disarray. Kate Snow may now have to get the job, but she's been on the show only a year."

Ann Curry has anchored 'Dateline' since 2005. In June she was officially named co-anchor of NBC's flagship morning show 'Today' after Meredith Vieira stepped down.

Rising star Kate Snow, who may now land the top 'Dateline' job if the 'Post' is correct, replaced Ann Curry as one of the two primary substitutes for Brian Williams on 'NBC Nightly News.' She is also the primary substitute for Lester Holt on weekend editions of 'NBC Nightly News.' Prior to joining NBC, she co-anchored the weekend edition of 'Good Morning America' on ABC for six years.

Hansen has worked for NBC for two decades, and became famous with hidden camera series 'To Catch a Predator.' Launched in 2005, it is devoted to the subject of identifying and detaining those who contact people they believe to be below the age of consent over the Internet for sexual liaisons.

He was allegedly caught cheating on his wife in a hidden camera sting operation mounted by 'The National Enquirer.' The 'Post' reports that a further scandal could be brewing after rumors surfaced that Hansen had sent explicit photos of himself to his girlfriend and is terrified they could now be published à la Weinergate.

When asked by the 'Post' for comment, an NBC rep said "This couldn't be further from the truth. Ann Curry is the anchor of 'Dateline.'" The rep didn't respond when asked if they had planned for that to change.

Comments:
The irony in this is simply almost overwhelming. This is a person who makes a living catching peope who cheat. He makes a living off showing their faces on camera. Now the fact he was cheating on his wife. I would love someone to post the chat logs with him and that other girl.

Level-One

Wait. Cheat in what context? If you're referring to the show he used to do (catch a predator) where he was busting sexual predators; you can't claim him cheating on his wife is comparable to that in anyway shape or form.

Hondo

Quote from: Level-One on July 11, 2011, 02:59:28 PM
Wait. Cheat in what context? If you're referring to the show he used to do (catch a predator) where he was busting sexual predators; you can't claim him cheating on his wife is comparable to that in anyway shape or form.

Exactly what I've been thinking since the news hit. Now, if it had been the host of Cheaters who got caught up in this scandal, then we'd be on to something.

"Just do the best you can with whatever gift God has given you, whatever intellect you have. Use it. Be good while you're doing it. Love your neighbor. Love the One that created you. Enjoy the cosmos. And rock on." - Phil Robertson of Duck Dynasty

BSW Recuirter

I mean in the context that he has a show set up, where older males meet younger females and vice versa. Most of the guys that show up at the house are married with dating someone. So they are cheating on their spouse by writing all those vulgar messages back and forth. (Hence where the cheating part comes in) I know the show is mostly about older guys meeting underage guys/girls but when he has them sit down and lectures them He reads off a prepared statement. He seems so noble, now that he was discovered cheating.

Thankfully the girl was not underage. Though he must have been hiding this from his spouse. In other news this cost him the lead anchor role for NBC. He was co anchor however after this story broke loose they replaced him. (Ouch that has to hurt his pocket bucket)

Level-One

Quote from: Skillet Awake on July 11, 2011, 03:27:09 PM
I mean in the context that he has a show set up, where older males meet younger females and vice versa. Most of the guys that show up at the house are married with dating someone. So they are cheating on their spouse by writing all those vulgar messages back and forth. (Hence where the cheating part comes in) I know the show is mostly about older guys meeting underage guys/girls but when he has them sit down and lectures them He reads off a prepared statement. He seems so noble, now that he was discovered cheating.

Thankfully the girl was not underage. Though he must have been hiding this from his spouse. In other news this cost him the lead anchor role for NBC. He was co anchor however after this story broke loose they replaced him. (Ouch that has to hurt his pocket bucket)

You say, younger at the start. We're not talking about ''younger'' females or males. We're talking about UNDERAGED females and males. There's a HUGE difference. The purpose of the show was never to bust people who weren't faithful (that just made it slightly more entertaining) it was there to catch paedophiles who should be in prison for their crimes. As Jack pointed out, your comment would make sense if we're talking about the dude from cheaters, or something like that.

I don't see Chris Hanson cheating on his wife any more ironic then Tiger Woods banging a bunch of hookers. Nor is it hypocritical that he was busting paedophiles and getting them sent to jail in many cases and this is my initial point.

I say call it what it is, he's a cheater but no need to bring all this other shit about busting paedophiles into this because the girl wasn't under age.

Gary

Quote from: Skillet Awake on July 11, 2011, 01:42:23 PM
hen asked if they had planned for that to change.

Comments: The irony in this is simply almost overwhelming. This is a person who makes a living catching peope who cheat. He makes a living off showing their faces on camera. Now the fact he was cheating on his wife. I would love someone to post the chat logs with him and that other girl.

Actually he made a living catching pedophiles..way different thing.

[/center]

Quote from: jagilki on October 11, 2011, 05:21:41 PM
Midas would chop off his Penis if he thought it would win him a Mafia game.

BSW Recuirter

Quote from: Level-One on July 11, 2011, 05:23:02 PM
You say, younger at the start. We're not talking about ''younger'' females or males. We're talking about UNDERAGED females and males. There's a HUGE difference. The purpose of the show was never to bust people who weren't faithful (that just made it slightly more entertaining) it was there to catch paedophiles who should be in prison for their crimes. As Jack pointed out, your comment would make sense if we're talking about the dude from cheaters, or something like that.

I don't see Chris Hanson cheating on his wife any more ironic then Tiger Woods banging a bunch of hookers. Nor is it hypocritical that he was busting paedophiles and getting them sent to jail in many cases and this is my initial point.

I say call it what it is, he's a cheater but no need to bring all this other shit about busting paedophiles into this because the girl wasn't under age.

Let me put it like this. He was busting people for something that was illegal, and they were doing something they knew they shouldn't be doing. He was doing something he shouldn't have been doing. I understand the difference in capturing pedophiles with perverted justice. However the whole "irony" thing is being a bit blown out of the water. The main focus is that he cheated on his wife. He looked like a clean cut car sales man. He was on his way to being lead an-ocher, now all of that gone in the blink of an eye.

It's his career that he lost. What makes it interesting, he always appeared to be the guy who gave the lectures. (You know this is wrong don't you) either it be stealing a cookie from the bar or actually breaking the law. It's just strange to see him placed in a situation where he is the gulity party in this. I am not familiar with it. Compare Tiger Woods to Chris, is not really fair. No one had any clue what Tiger was doing (because every female thought they were the only one) when the situation exploded in the media the other girls came out getting their 15 minutes of game. Also Tigers wife I believe got several, several million dollars in the divorce that would be the first difference to me.

Jonny Worldbeater

Is it ironic when people use the word 'ironic' without actually knowing what it means?

Justin

Half those chicks were lying about Tiger just so they could get paid to do news appearances and articles for magazines.  His wife walked away with HUNDREDS of millions of dollars not, several million.