News:

Check out our Site Partners!

80s Mania WrestlingDaShawns2cents on FacebookThe Efed PodcastESPN Sports SimsEWCThe Indy CornerMFX PodcastOld School WrestlingSLTD WrestlingWhat A Maneuver!Wrestleview.comWrestling Mayhem Show

Main Menu

Ellen Page Comes Out

Started by GM Franchise, February 15, 2014, 01:10:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

GM Franchise

Quote from: JustinP on February 16, 2014, 10:53:17 AM
What irritates me is that somebody coming out gay gets more press than a young man being killed by someone shooting at his car because the person thought his music was too loud.  Not to mention he was just awarded a mistrial despite running after the car and shooting.  And then he goes home afterwards to drink as if it was just a normal day.

+1
Quote from: Trumpers on July 25, 2012, 01:46:54 PM
James, everytime you post in the OOC your perception of "yourself" is just as apparently off key 'in game' as GM Franchise as it is 'out of game' as yourself lol.
Quote from: Mike Powers on May 22, 2012, 06:44:25 PM
Now I know how Franchise feels every game.  Speak your mind and you get singled out for it.
Quote[Nov 30 21:22:23] Trumpers:you have literally assembled one of the worst teams possible

¿PapaPancho?

What irritates me is that somebody coming out gay gets more press than a young man being killed by someone shooting at his car because the person thought his music was too loud.  Not to mention he was just awarded a mistrial despite running after the car and shooting.  And then he goes home afterwards to drink as if it was just a normal day.

Welcome to American society which is celebrity obsessed and therefore we are demanding this information from our media.

Dorling

Quote from: Kirk on February 16, 2014, 09:05:09 AM
I'm sorry for being a white hetrosexual male. I'll make sure not to have an opinion about anything in the future.

Don't be a dick, you know what I was saying.

Dorling

Why is everything a competition?  Yes it's terrible that a young man died but people are being killed and imprisoned for being gay too. You need awareness on gun control as much as you do on tolerance for homosexuality.

Cory

Quote from: Ian "Wolfie" Trumps on February 15, 2014, 10:00:29 PM
Its the sort of thing which despite its positive influence just has me rolling my eyes. You cannot seek pure equality for anyone whether it be sexual orientation, creed, race, whatever if every five minutes we need to highlight it and be 'we' I mean the media who report on it and these celebrities who feel the need to expand on it all of a sudden...

All this including the NFL player coming out just smacks to me as unneccassary. The guy now going into the draft has affected his stock not because he is gay, but because it will be seen as pubilicity that a team looking to draft him doesnt need.

If we all didnt give a shit about this then the world would be a better place the more we feed into this as news worthy the more it makes an implication that it is 'different'. Is this giving closet homosexuals the confidence to come out? Or is it just saying 'hey if I do it means I am different'. I strongly feel it sends the later message which is totally wrong in my opinion.

QFT

SUBSCRIBE TO MY GAMING CHANNEL ON YOUTUBE

Justin

If we were talking about someone being killed because they were gay then I'd agree.  But people who come out dont warrant the same amount of publicity.

T-Bonizzle

It's not a competition. There are injustices everywhere to different groups of people. When you start making the conversation a competition you do everyone a disservice.

Dorling

What T-bone said. This is about a person coming out as gay, why even bring a shooting into it?  The publicity is not just for the celebrity in question,  it's for furthering understanding and tolerance worldwide. Ellen Page's professional life would be easier if everyone thought she was straight,  and that shouldn't ne the case.

Page and the NFL guy will get a lot of negatives out of it, probably more so in the NFL. People seem to be suggesting it's just annoying and attention seeking though.

Ian "Wolfie" Trumps

Quote from: Dorling on February 16, 2014, 02:21:20 PM
What T-bone said. This is about a person coming out as gay, why even bring a shooting into it?  The publicity is not just for the celebrity in question,  it's for furthering understanding and tolerance worldwide. Ellen Page's professional life would be easier if everyone thought she was straight,  and that shouldn't ne the case.

Page and the NFL guy will get a lot of negatives out of it, probably more so in the NFL. People seem to be suggesting it's just annoying and attention seeking though.

Quite the opposite, I think its annoying that people feel the need to do this and that the media latches onto it as a story.
'Check out MFX - www.mfxpodcast.com'

¿PapaPancho?

When people wont even consider gays as equals as straight on a federal or state level then we can move on. Were not that far removed from a military that used to enforce people to hide their sexual orientation or be kicked out. 

Dorling

Quote from: Ian "Wolfie" Trumps on February 16, 2014, 03:12:11 PM
Quite the opposite, I think its annoying that people feel the need to do this and that the media latches onto it as a story.

Like I said before though, we have no idea what it's like to be intimidated about being honest about who we are, because we are 'normal.' We will never 'feel the need' to do this because as white, heterosexual, English speaking men, you and I have no prejudices or oppression to deal with. There is nowhere in the world that needs educating about us and our way of life. We don't have to stand up for our white oppressed brothers getting stoned to death or imprisoned for life without trial in Africa and Asia. This is part of a bigger picture.

I will agree to disagree with you though.

Drama Queen

Everything in media is a competition. It picks the stories it thinks will sell and forgets the rest. Justin's gripe is a perfectly legitimate one.

T-Bonizzle

Unless you subscribe to the belief of the Kansas legislature, in which case white, English speaking people are being oppressed because their religious interpretation gives them the opinion of hating gays. O.O

Hondo

Quote from: T-Hawks on February 16, 2014, 03:35:14 PM
Unless you subscribe to the belief of the Kansas legislature, in which case white, English speaking people are being oppressed because their religious interpretation gives them the opinion of hating gays. O.O

I'll say this and walk away from the thread.

Religious people DO NOT hate gays. I'm religious, and I don't hate anyone. My religion clearly dictates that I love everyone as I love myself. And believe it or not, the majority of religious folk are just like me. Most of us aren't the pitchfork and torch carrying type like the press likes to depict us to be.

"Just do the best you can with whatever gift God has given you, whatever intellect you have. Use it. Be good while you're doing it. Love your neighbor. Love the One that created you. Enjoy the cosmos. And rock on." - Phil Robertson of Duck Dynasty

Dorling

Quote from: JackHondo on February 16, 2014, 03:42:35 PM

I'll say this and walk away from the thread.

Religious people DO NOT hate gays. I'm religious, and I don't hate anyone. My religion clearly dictates that I love everyone as I love myself. And believe it or not, the majority of religious folk are just like me. Most of us aren't the pitchfork and torch carrying type like the press likes to depict us to be.

I don't think anyone was saying that Hondo, but the Kansas state legislation is abominable and is using (mainly) religion as an excuse.