News:

Check out our Site Partners!

80s Mania WrestlingDaShawns2cents on FacebookThe Efed PodcastESPN Sports SimsEWCThe Indy CornerMFX PodcastOld School WrestlingSLTD WrestlingWhat A Maneuver!Wrestleview.comWrestling Mayhem Show

Main Menu

Damien Rice

Started by Rob, October 26, 2014, 05:30:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rob

So I was going to just add his latest song to my recommendation thread but then I read into his new album and listened to a few other tracks and thought a simply reply wouldn't suffice.

He's about to release his first album in 8 years, My Favourite Faded Fantasy. I saw him promoting his last album in 2006 and I've just learned recently that during that performance he had already told his band they were fired, (his band included ex-girlfriend Lisa Hannigan) and had decided he was done with music. It makes being there so extra special for me knowing all of this because it was an absolutely mind-blowing performance.

Anyway, here are some of his latest songs... If you're a fan of Ben Howard, George Ezra or Ed Sheeran but with a typically Irish folk slant, I think you'll be a fan of Damien Rice.

I Don't Want To Change You

The Greatest Bastard

My Favourite Faded Fantasy

I hope you enjoy as much as I have. The album drops November 3rd.
SixersEagles

[/center]

Jon

Damien Rice is great. One of my favorite singer-songwriters.

GM of the Queen City Conquerors

Rob

And mine. I can't wait for the album to come out.

I've listened to those 3 songs a lot and all I can think is that he's written them about Lisa Hannigan.
SixersEagles

[/center]

! JDM The Professional !

I am so pumped! Thanks for sharing Roberto!

How happy is the blameless vestal's lot! The world forgetting, by the world forgot the eternal sunshine of the spotless mind! Each prayer accepted, and each wish resigned.

Quote from: Kise on February 29, 2012, 01:42:01 AM
Shake and bake, JDM! S-n-B!

!JDM'S Top Ten Movies of all Time!
1. Leon the Professional
2. American Beauty
3. Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless mind
4. The Big Lebowskie
5. There will be blood
6. A Clockwork Orange
7. Once upon a time in the West
8. The Proposition
9. Reservoir Dogs