News:

Check out our Site Partners!

80s Mania WrestlingDaShawns2cents on FacebookThe Efed PodcastESPN Sports SimsEWCThe Indy CornerMFX PodcastOld School WrestlingSLTD WrestlingWhat A Maneuver!Wrestleview.comWrestling Mayhem Show

Main Menu

23 Jumpstreet

Started by Stoner, December 11, 2014, 11:40:42 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Stoner

AKA - Men in Black 4

http://moviepilot.com/posts/2014/12/11/23-jump-street-crossing-into-what-universe-2498615?lt_source=external,manual

QuoteProbably one of the weirdest pieces of news that came out of the leaked Sony emails, outside of the disturbing misogyny and inappropriate comments by multiple Sony execs, was something people may have not even noticed.

It's almost hard to type this because it's so difficult for my brain to compute, but according to emails from Sony chief Amy Pascal, there was some sort of plan for a 22 Jump Street sequel that would team up Jonah Hill and Channing Tatum with the Men in Black 4 franchise.

Phil Lord, one of the writers from the first two 21 Jump Street movies, was quoted via email saying, "jump street merging with mib i think that's clean and rad and powerful". Seems like the preceding messages to this might have been something like "sup?", followed by "idk u", then finally ending with "wanna make a movie?" So casual how they are dealing with these two mega movie franchises.

I, for one, am having trouble seeing how this idea is clean and rad, let alone powerful. But I don't get paid millions of dollars to make these decisions. These Sony executives do, and they seem to think it's a great idea. But I'm not so sure that turning it into a trendy shared universe is the way to go.

This dude (Will Smith) isn't going to be in the movie, no matter what. So that's already a problem. I understand that they want to shake things up, but Men in Black hasn't had a sequel in a while, unlike Jumpstreet. And don't get me wrong, I saw the first two Jumpstreet movies and liked them, but I just don't know if I see this working. You can't just take two franchises and blend them together expecting it to make box office bank.

Not exactly sure what Sony is thinking these days. Maybe they'll make it and it'll be great! Or not. I guess we'll see...

Quote[Today at 05:31:25 PM] JackHondo: If a zombie outbreak ever happened, Stonie would cut his arm off and replace it with a chainsaw.

Quote from: Ian "Wolfie" Trumps on July 23, 2015, 03:24:59 PM

Mike Powers

23 Jump Street: IN SPACE!

Alex Smiley

There's also been rumors that Sony is purposely leaking its own stuff now. Take it with a grain of salt.

Quote from: JackHondo on October 24, 2012, 07:31:28 AM
You're right, Jesus is nicer. But Alex is a close second.

Kirk

Quote from: Alex Smiley on December 12, 2014, 05:32:46 PM
There's also been rumors that Sony is purposely leaking its own stuff now. Take it with a grain of salt.

I can see the logic in that. Get fan pressure for Spiderman in Civil War and test the waters for the Jump Street/MiB merger.
" class="bbc_img

" class="bbc_img