News:

Check out our Site Partners!

80s Mania WrestlingDaShawns2cents on FacebookThe Efed PodcastESPN Sports SimsEWCThe Indy CornerMFX PodcastOld School WrestlingSLTD WrestlingWhat A Maneuver!Wrestleview.comWrestling Mayhem Show

Main Menu

All Female Ghostbusters Cast Revealed

Started by GM Franchise, January 27, 2015, 11:16:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kirk

I don't  think it's going to tarnish the originals (unless they go all George Lucas on them) but I just don't get the reason for an all female reboot and I don't like the cast. I probably won't see it, but I'm not going to protest against it. As was mentioned by someone else above, I don't see why it's not just a sequel with the old guys (the ones who are left/agree to be in it) passing the franchise onto a new team (men/women doesn't matter).
" class="bbc_img

" class="bbc_img

The TeeJ of Philly

Quote from: Kirk on January 28, 2015, 08:07:32 PM
I don't  think it's going to tarnish the originals (unless they go all George Lucas on them) but I just don't get the reason for an all female reboot and I don't like the cast. I probably won't see it, but I'm not going to protest against it. As was mentioned by someone else above, I don't see why it's not just a sequel with the old guys (the ones who are left/agree to be in it) passing the franchise onto a new team (men/women doesn't matter).

I believe that was the idea before Ramis died.

Mike Powers

Just have Ackroyd do it.  At this point, he'll do it for a 6" from Subway, and a cookie.

GM Franchise

Quote from: Mike Powers on January 28, 2015, 09:33:07 PM
Just have Ackroyd do it.  At this point, he'll do it for a 6" from Subway, and a cookie.

Or for free if he gets to sing a blues song at some point during the movie.
Quote from: Trumpers on July 25, 2012, 01:46:54 PM
James, everytime you post in the OOC your perception of "yourself" is just as apparently off key 'in game' as GM Franchise as it is 'out of game' as yourself lol.
Quote from: Mike Powers on May 22, 2012, 06:44:25 PM
Now I know how Franchise feels every game.  Speak your mind and you get singled out for it.
Quote[Nov 30 21:22:23] Trumpers:you have literally assembled one of the worst teams possible

Ian "Wolfie" Trumps

If it follows on from the originals...I can slightly accept that...ie the new era of ghostbusters similar to jump street...if they reboot from scratch...go fuck off.
'Check out MFX - www.mfxpodcast.com'

Stoner

Quote[Today at 05:31:25 PM] JackHondo: If a zombie outbreak ever happened, Stonie would cut his arm off and replace it with a chainsaw.

Quote from: Ian "Wolfie" Trumps on July 23, 2015, 03:24:59 PM

Strike

Quote from: Fnord on January 28, 2015, 02:22:37 PM
It's just another movie. If you love the original way better, just go watch it. lol

Pretty much this. Sheesh, talk about making a mountain out of a mole hill, people.

Mike Powers

Quote from: Strike on January 28, 2015, 09:57:55 PM
Pretty much this. Sheesh, talk about making a mountain out of a mole hill, people.

DOES LEGACY MEAN NOTHING TO YOU, YOU HEATHEN!!!!!

Strike

Quote from: Mike Powers on January 28, 2015, 10:01:39 PM
DOES LEGACY MEAN NOTHING TO YOU, YOU HEATHEN!!!!!

Not really. They were fun movies that are easily available for anybody who wants to keep the nostalgia glasses on. I'm somewhat intrigued at the idea of an all-female cast and what route they take, on whether it's continuation long after the initial movies or a full-on reboot.

Then again, maybe that's just me, being the non-sexist, slightly optimistic one of this bunch.

P.S. Take the last part with a grain of salt/usual sarcasm before any of you try to jump it.