News:

Join our chat! - https://discord.gg/6vUfQnG

Main Menu

Release Dates

Started by Tim-Æ, July 14, 2008, 01:04:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Geordie

Quote from: Timbo on July 23, 2008, 07:31:09 PM
Just fyi, I don't particularly like all of these bands, but I figure some of you may be fans of them.

Staind - The Illusion of Progress - August 19th
Dragonforce - Ultra Beatdown - August 26th
The Sound of Animals Fighting - September 9th
Metallica - Death Magnetic - September 16th (AWFUL title....sorry)
Taproot - Our Long Road Home -  September 16th
Untitled Aerosmith CD - September 16th
Buckcherry - Black Butterfly - September 23rd
Untitled Breaking Benjamin CD - September 30th
another solo album by Chris Cornell - September 30th

Oasis - dig Out Your Soul - October 6th
Rise Against - Appeal to Reason - October 7th

Deftones - Eros TBD

Also expected to release something in 2008

Keane,  Switchfoot, 50 Cent, Train, lostprophets, MC Lars, Fear Factory, Glasjaw, Green Day, Helmet, Goo Goo Dolls, The Killers, Modest Mouse, Powerman 5000, Mudvayne, Primus, My Chemical Romance, Rammstein, Sick of it all, Six Feet Under, SOiL, The Streets, Social Distortion, Alice in Chains, Dr. Dre, Cannibal Corpse, and Van Halen. Oh and of course....

Chinese Democracy by Guns N Roses.....LOL like that'll ever happen.
To get it out of the way... Chinese Democracy HAS happened. Get over it. :p

I'll attempt to update some of this information... Mudvayne has released a new album, called "The New Game" (November 18 release date), The Killers have released "Day And Age" (November 24), Keane released "Perfect Symmetry" (October 13), and 50 Cent won't be releasing "Before I Self Destruct" until early 2009.

Also, Chris Cornell's new CD, entitled "Scream" has been pushed back to a release date of February 3, 2009.

The other CD release I was anticipating was the new Snow Patrol CD entitled "A Hundred Million Suns" (October 28).  Also, earlier in the summer, I basically went nuts when Disturbed released "Indestructible".  Others I've given close listens to are "Scars And Souvenirs" by Theory Of A Deadman, and the previously-mentioned "The Illusion Of Progress" by Staind (Which I loved).

As for the future... Well, we're in the holiday season now, so it'll be mostly holiday music being released, so it pains me to say that the most anticipated CD release over the holiday season might be The All-American Rejects, as they release "When The World Comes Down" on December 16.

Quote[Today at 02:28:53 PM] Black Death: i thought  rettop had a raping promo
[Today at 02:28:55 PM] Church Dogg AlexK: I know I did a snippet in a Rettop RP once, is that what you meant?
[Today at 02:28:59 PM] Church Dogg AlexK: ...
[Today at 02:29:02 PM] Black Death: yeah
[Today at 02:29:13 PM] Church Dogg AlexK: I think EVERYONE is sigging that, BD

Cory

Eminem is releasing his new shit, The Relapse early next year. Shits gonna be firee.

SUBSCRIBE TO MY GAMING CHANNEL ON YOUTUBE

Tim-Æ

Quote from: Ace King on November 29, 2008, 05:11:37 PM
To get it out of the way... Chinese Democracy HAS happened. Get over it. :p

I'll attempt to update some of this information... Mudvayne has released a new album, called "The New Game" (November 18 release date), The Killers have released "Day And Age" (November 24), Keane released "Perfect Symmetry" (October 13), and 50 Cent won't be releasing "Before I Self Destruct" until early 2009.

Also, Chris Cornell's new CD, entitled "Scream" has been pushed back to a release date of February 3, 2009.

The other CD release I was anticipating was the new Snow Patrol CD entitled "A Hundred Million Suns" (October 28).  Also, earlier in the summer, I basically went nuts when Disturbed released "Indestructible".  Others I've given close listens to are "Scars And Souvenirs" by Theory Of A Deadman, and the previously-mentioned "The Illusion Of Progress" by Staind (Which I loved).

As for the future... Well, we're in the holiday season now, so it'll be mostly holiday music being released, so it pains me to say that the most anticipated CD release over the holiday season might be The All-American Rejects, as they release "When The World Comes Down" on October 16.

I heard Chinese Democracy was garbage. Therefore I won't even make note of it in my column.

As far as Snow Patrol, Staind, and Theory of a Deadman - they suck, and thats why I haven't listened to them. All American Rejects? Seriously? They are your tastes but damn dude.

The only future releases I care about are the new Deftones and Dredg albums for 2009, but I'm sure something will spring up. new Muse apparently too. So we'll see if 2009 can beat 2008 b/c I found a lot of good stuff this year.

Cory

DL's the G n R, and it was fucking garbage. Nuff said, one of the biggest letdowns in a while.

Can also add the new Mudvayne CD.......if you could call it that. Huge disappointment IMO.

Tim-Æ

dredg  is supposedly releasing their follow up to Catch Without Arms on 3/29/09. As of right now that is the only thing I'm looking forward to.

Geordie

Quote from: Timbo on November 29, 2008, 08:53:45 PMAll American Rejects? Seriously? They are your tastes but damn dude.
Did I ever say I liked them? No.  I just happened to make note of it when going through CD releases, as that was the name that was most familiar.  Just because I mention somebody does NOT mean that I like them.  In fact, I absolutely HATE some of the acts I mentioned before the three you've singled me out for... And even then, I'm not a huge fan of those three either (Apart from Illusion Of Progress), I was just curious to see how they'd follow up on past success is all.

So, if I mention something in the future... Don't just automatically assume that I like them.  Believe it or not, I do consider what other people think.

I apologize if you take offense to what I've said, but I felt the need to defend myself on that front.  I'm sorry, but I'm not about to allow my opinion to be kicked around and thrown to the wayside because I'm new to the Knights.

Quote[Today at 02:28:53 PM] Black Death: i thought  rettop had a raping promo
[Today at 02:28:55 PM] Church Dogg AlexK: I know I did a snippet in a Rettop RP once, is that what you meant?
[Today at 02:28:59 PM] Church Dogg AlexK: ...
[Today at 02:29:02 PM] Black Death: yeah
[Today at 02:29:13 PM] Church Dogg AlexK: I think EVERYONE is sigging that, BD

Cory

...I like Theory of a Deadman.

Kendell Smith

Quote from: Ace King on December 03, 2008, 09:12:01 PM
Quote from: Timbo on November 29, 2008, 08:53:45 PMAll American Rejects? Seriously? They are your tastes but damn dude.
Did I ever say I liked them? No.  I just happened to make note of it when going through CD releases, as that was the name that was most familiar.  Just because I mention somebody does NOT mean that I like them.  In fact, I absolutely HATE some of the acts I mentioned before the three you've singled me out for... And even then, I'm not a huge fan of those three either (Apart from Illusion Of Progress), I was just curious to see how they'd follow up on past success is all.

So, if I mention something in the future... Don't just automatically assume that I like them.  Believe it or not, I do consider what other people think.

I apologize if you take offense to what I've said, but I felt the need to defend myself on that front.  I'm sorry, but I'm not about to allow my opinion to be kicked around and thrown to the wayside because I'm new to the Knights.

Dude, relax. That's not what this place is about and I'm sure Timbo wasn't trying to rag on you it was just a bit of harmless banter and opinion.

Back on topic, I like Snow Patrol. Although I don't let my friends know that.

Not really a release date but The Strokes are back in the studio February 09. Good times.

Tim-Æ

oh shut up.

Excaligore

Fuck you, Freshman!

Rob

Massive Attack are saying they'll have a 2009 release.
SixersEagles

[/center]

Excaligore

"The Ichthyologist" - Giant Squid - January 2009?(According to Wiki)

Personally, I think Giant Squid is an incredible band. One of the few worth following. I'll be buying this if I have the money.

Tim-Æ

March 23rd, the guitarist from Deerhunter releases his other project Lotus Plaza's first album The Floodlight Collective.

I'm psyched!

Tim-Æ

Animal Collective is releasing their new record "Merriweather Post Pavillion" on January 20th. Psyched about this as well.

Tim-Æ

The Thermals - Now We Can See (April 7th, 2009)
Wilco - TBA (Spring 09)
Fleet Foxes - TBA (Fall 09)