News:

Join our chat! - https://discord.gg/6vUfQnG

Main Menu

Release Dates

Started by Tim-Æ, July 14, 2008, 01:04:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tim-Æ

Isis releases their newest effort "Wavering Radiant" on May 5th, 2009.

Tim-Æ

The Decemberists release their follow up to 2006's "The Crane Wife" is set to be released on March 24, 2009. It's called "The Hazards of Love"

Tim-Æ

dredg's new album has been pushed back to April.

And You Will Know Us By the Trail of Dead releases their new album "The Century of Self" on February 17th, the same day that Thursday returns with "Common Existence." The lead singer from Rise Against will guest on the album.

Thursday's new single is available on their myspace "Resuscitation of a Dead Man."

The Decemberists new single "The Rake's Song" is available for download at their website www.thedecemberists.com

Dan Auerbach (of the Black Keys) will release a solo album called "Keep It Hid" on February 10th.

I've heard that Finch will produce their third album sometime in 2009.

Godsmack are set to drop their fifth studio album during 2009.

Zach de la Rocha has stated that One Day As a Lion was going to release an album last Fall, but it never surfaced. Looks like its been pushed back to 2009 along with a tour.

Pearl Jam releases their 9th studio album sometime this year. First album "Ten" is being reissued in March too.

Alex Turner says the Arctic Monkey's third album is 78% or 2/3 done. Look for by summer.

Fightstar releases their new record "Be Human" on April 13th. New single "Mercury Summer" is set to drop on March 30th.

Hurt's new album "Goodbye to the Machine" on April 7th.

If you care, Taking Back Sunday releases their new album "New Again" this Spring.

Incubus will join many other bands that have run out of ideas and release a greatest hits album this Spring. It'll have "a few new tracks." meaning one.

Adam Michaels

February 20, 2009... HammerFall releases "No Sacrifice, No Victory" and if the album is a) anything like their previous material and b) just as killer as their first single, then this is going to be one of the greatest albums that 90% of America will never hear.

Tim-Æ

Sonic Youth returns to the spotlight with a new record titled "The Eternal" set to drop June 9th.

Here's the tracklisting

01 Sacred Trickster
02 Anti-Orgasm
03 Leaky Lifeboat (for Gregory Corso)
04 Antenna
05 What We Know
06 Calming The Snake
07 Poison Arrow
08 Malibu Gas Station
09 Thunderclap For Bobby Pyn
10 No Way
11 Walkin Blue
12 Massage The History

chunkylover

Muse has announced their new studio album will be called "The Resistance" one song will be called "The United States of Eurasia" and it will be dropped by the end of the year.

calvin

I recently read Alice in Chains new album is set for late september.. I'm pumped.. Really excited to hear some new Alice in Chains. This year looks much  more promising with new albums being released then last year did.

Tim-Æ

Wolfmother is finally releasing their second album called "Cosmic Egg" set to drop September. Potentially a double album.

Tim-Æ

a few more releases worthy of note:

The Antlers: Hospice - 8/18

Jay Reatard: Watch Me Fall - 8/18

Arctic Monkeys: Humbug - 8/25

Muse: The Resistance - 9/14 (first single to be released next week)

No Age: Losing Feeling EP - 10/6

Atlas Sound: Logos - 10/20 (finally!)

Tim-Æ

Flaming Lips - Embryonic - October 13th.

and an official release for the new Wolfmother album Cosmic Egg, which drops the 13th as well.

Tim-Æ

October 6th 

Built to Spill will release their 7th studio album titled "There Is No Enemy"

should be pretty good. October looks to be a killer month.

Angelica Kivisto

September 29, 2009 AFI will be releasing CrashLove.

Sometime next year, no exact date yet The Rasmus are suppose to be releasing a new album...

Rob

Coming up for the first part of this year, albums I'm going to be buying are,

Barenaked Ladies - All In Good Time - 20th March (I think)
Black Rebel Motorcycle Club - Beat The Devil's Tattoo - 8th March

Rumoured albums from Radiohead, Tool, Nine Inch Nails, Kings of Leon, Social Distortion, Incubus, Arcade Fire, Patrick Wolf. Also MGMT, Friendly Fires, Deftones and Interpol have albums coming out in the first quarter, apparently.
SixersEagles

[/center]

Rob

Also, would be silly not to mention the release of Massive Attacks new album at the beginning of next week.
SixersEagles

[/center]

Rob

MELVINS NEW ALBUM IS OUT ON TUESDAY. ;D ;D ;D

Aside from that, Chemical Brothers on 7th June, Animal Collective on 29th June.
SixersEagles

[/center]