Join our chat! - https://discord.gg/6vUfQnG

Main Menu

Started by ., October 20, 2010, 12:11:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jagilki

I'm sure Tim can help you.

! JDM The Professional !

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0067866/

Only movie I think that has both avant guard and cult film characteristics. I loved El Topo, great film.

Check it out, u may find something that'll help.

Regards,

JDM

How happy is the blameless vestal's lot! The world forgetting, by the world forgot the eternal sunshine of the spotless mind! Each prayer accepted, and each wish resigned.

Quote from: Kise on February 29, 2012, 01:42:01 AM
Shake and bake, JDM! S-n-B!

!JDM'S Top Ten Movies of all Time!
1. Leon the Professional
2. American Beauty
3. Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless mind
4. The Big Lebowskie
5. There will be blood
6. A Clockwork Orange
7. Once upon a time in the West
8. The Proposition
9. Reservoir Dogs
10. Taxi Driver

Marq

An obvious one would probably be "The Rocky Horror Picture Show," but if I were you? I'd go with "Eraserhead" by Lynch. Even though it wasn't meant to be scary (least, I don't think), some of the images STILL haunt me to this day, for whatever reason. Once you hear "the song," you'll know what I'm talking about.

Here's what I got from IMDB, and for my money, it's pretty spot-on:

"Is it a nightmare or an actual view of a post-apocalyptic world? Set in an industrial town in which giant machines are constantly working, spewing smoke, and making noise that is inescapable, Henry Spencer lives in a building that, like all the others, appears to be abandoned. The lights flicker on and off, he has bowls of water in his dresser drawers, and for his only diversion he watches and listens to the Lady in the Radiator sing about finding happiness in heaven. Henry has a girlfriend, Mary X, who has frequent spastic fits. Mary gives birth to Henry's child, a frightening looking mutant, which leads to the injection of all sorts of sexual imagery into the depressive and chaotic mix."
"Behind you, Primo! WATCH OUT!"