News:

Check out our Site Partners!

80s Mania WrestlingDaShawns2cents on FacebookThe Efed PodcastESPN Sports SimsEWCThe Indy CornerMFX PodcastOld School WrestlingSLTD WrestlingWhat A Maneuver!Wrestleview.comWrestling Mayhem Show

Main Menu

OUT OF CHARACTER BOARD

Started by Ian "Wolfie" Trumps, May 04, 2012, 10:53:47 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jennifer

I'm not totally sure, it's not been tried before. However I'd see positional training as like, looking to school players in certain areas, making up a certain amount of their training workload (otherwise how do they have any aptitude in that area?). De-training could be a matter of re-focusing on the other positions he has - SG/PF/SF and neglecting C. Like, say you have a McLoo who has always been natural at SG/SF, then I doubt you could tell him to just concentrate on SG because he's always played both positions, but when it's a rookie who is trying to cover four different positions, I don't see why it wouldn't be doable.

After all, you already have some players (like Miles Peters) who have been stated to be better at one or the other positions that they play.

Quote from: Mike Flips"Certainly officer...but first, we have two men here trespassing. Also I was assaulted moments ago by a man who might have had a sister I might have had sex with. Can we please arrest said man for Disturbing The Peace-opoly or something..."

GM Franchise

Quote from: Black Death on July 25, 2012, 06:16:30 PM
Velez  good coach , but asshole ... you get him players that he likes , than yeah he might work with you ... than again if they make mistakes he will blame you not himself

Bingo. He makes the GM take the full blame for any mistakes and takes no responsibility at all for anything.
Quote from: Trumpers on July 25, 2012, 01:46:54 PM
James, everytime you post in the OOC your perception of "yourself" is just as apparently off key 'in game' as GM Franchise as it is 'out of game' as yourself lol.
Quote from: Mike Powers on May 22, 2012, 06:44:25 PM
Now I know how Franchise feels every game.  Speak your mind and you get singled out for it.
Quote[Nov 30 21:22:23] Trumpers:you have literally assembled one of the worst teams possible

Black Death

That why  winchester and Class are higher rated coaches , they can work with the players that are not high rated

I think velez wants players that are already good , so he does not have to teach anymore ...
"Asuka, gives you two thumbs up"

GM Franchise

I agree. He wants vets who are B rated or better and not rookies. He is too lazy to teach.
James, everytime you post in the OOC your perception of "yourself" is just as apparently off key 'in game' as GM Franchise as it is 'out of game' as yourself lol.
Now I know how Franchise feels every game.  Speak your mind and you get singled out for it.
Quote[Nov 30 21:22:23] Trumpers:you have literally assembled one of the worst teams possible

Strike

Quote from: James V, The Calvary's Franchise on July 25, 2012, 06:22:54 PM
I agree. He wants vets who are B rated or better and not rookies. He is too lazy to teach.

Still reading through stuff, but Jesus, this guy sounds like a nightmare and a half.

GM Franchise

Quote from: Chris Strike on July 25, 2012, 06:28:10 PM
Still reading through stuff, but Jesus, this guy sounds like a nightmare and a half.

Like I said, get rid of the Velez coaches and the new GM will be in good shape.

Black Death

He might work with a new GM... but he going to want to do things his way ... so if  you have your own ideas of what you want , it might now clash with his idea ... where only talking from working with him...

Domingo

So, Strike, did you get rock, paper, or scissors?

Black Death

hell , I will give hollywood up ... if one of you guys want it now

Arkia Fisk

According to Ian every character has a key. Some are just extremely hard to open than others. Dem Velez's aint worth the effort really. I do agree they seem to want to coast and not work. Fact of the matter is no team is just established each of the GMs had to make moves and adjustments to become successful or even 'somewhat' sucessful and to have a coach who's not willing to work through those moments (ie Velez, Devine, etc) aren't worth the time truly. I mean Devine gave me a hard time but what he did to Rebel was just fucked up.

GENERAL MANAGER - ROSWELL ALIENS

Black Death

miller was actually doing pretty well ... but the divorce thing would have happen if he stay in boston ... t-bone dodge a bullet ... I got hit

GM Franchise

Quote from: Black Death on July 25, 2012, 06:47:13 PM
miller was actually doing pretty well ... but the divorce thing would have happen if he stay in boston ... t-bone dodge a bullet ... I got hit

I always seem to get the bullets and dodge nothing.

Strike

Quote from: domingo on July 25, 2012, 06:39:17 PM
So, Strike, did you get rock, paper, or scissors?

Wait...we're doing this in public or private or what now? X_X

Sorry, been focused on going over all the teams' topics that been only able to keep up with the convo here sporadically.

Black Death

I warn you about velez

Black Death

honest if one  guys wants to play now I would also step aside and let you have Hollywood for the rest of the season.

Mississippi Misery would be perfect for me ... Death and Misery  go well together  lol