Join our chat! - https://discord.gg/6vUfQnG

Main Menu

OUT OF CHARACTER BOARD

Started by Ian "Wolfie" Trumps, May 04, 2012, 10:53:47 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jennifer

That reminds me, I have a couple of questions:

Is it possible for us to get fired?

Also, if a player wants to be traded and no trade happens, are we forced to release them, or (depending on their personality), might they come back to the table?

Quote from: Mike Flips"Certainly officer...but first, we have two men here trespassing. Also I was assaulted moments ago by a man who might have had a sister I might have had sex with. Can we please arrest said man for Disturbing The Peace-opoly or something..."

Cory

I was wondering if with players getting released ect will there be a free agent thread? So we can add players to the team and see whose available/use as leverage during the contract talks

SUBSCRIBE TO MY GAMING CHANNEL ON YOUTUBE

Black Death

Yeah I screw the pooch on the Fletcher deal ... but I can  make up for it if this trade goes through and I have a good deal for ollie
"Asuka, gives you two thumbs up"

Ian "Wolfie" Trumps

Quote from: Jennifer on May 05, 2012, 09:22:08 AM
That reminds me, I have a couple of questions:

Is it possible for us to get fired?

Also, if a player wants to be traded and no trade happens, are we forced to release them, or (depending on their personality), might they come back to the table?

If you do an incredibly shit job then anything is possible. If the fans and players refuse to deal with you, then yes. Releasing a player is very dangerous thing to do. What you could look to do is a sign and trade deal with them. Agree that they will be signed for a certain contract and then shipped out immediately, but wouldnt have to play for the team.

Every player is different. Vick being the best example so far. He was made on a team first personality level, but watched you tear that team apart for Larry Stevens ego. Despite Street's off the court antics, players for the most part are quite loyal to one another. Then you made Stevens Captain and told Vick nobody listened to him lol. By the time he was released again by Seattle he was desperate to make money and find a loyal home. Hondo's approach to players and team lends itself to that.

Blade taking the chance on another massive star in Lights given his veterans elsewhere...echos those vets getting one more shot at a ring, so they would also take less money.

Its about really trying to find out what the player wants before making a deal.
'Check out MFX - www.mfxpodcast.com'

Jennifer

Personally I just overestimated how much impact Street being a complete dickbag would have. I thought everyone else would be glad to see the back of a cocky high schooler who mouths off about 'special' kids (and has apparently done so more than once). I was kinda heavy handed with Vick overall, but then, I was NOT going to give him the captaincy again when one of the main issues I got in my team blurb was that nobody paid attention to the guy, lol.

Stevens just seemed like the logical choice. Mukwaza? Too young. Watchen? Not going to get into the starting line up. Donald? Knew/know all but nothing about the guy.

Quote from: Mike Flips"Certainly officer...but first, we have two men here trespassing. Also I was assaulted moments ago by a man who might have had a sister I might have had sex with. Can we please arrest said man for Disturbing The Peace-opoly or something..."

Jennifer

Also I have TOTALLY lost track of who's signed with who and who has whose rights.

Black Death

wait Watchen want to play SG  and that why he unhappy

Jennifer

Nah, his issue was that Mukwaza plays SG and SF, and then I signed Vraba, another SG. Watchen is already competing with Stevens for the SF spot (or more accurately, getting owned for it), so he wasn't seeing where he was getting playing time.

Ian "Wolfie" Trumps

Thats all the contracts up to date. Someone has some extra draft picks than is shown on the sheet, outside that. Byways deal on paper hasn't been finalized by Seattle, only BD has given a verbal committment of 2 million over 2 years for him.

Black Death

well I maybe able to work with you if we do a sign and trade ... I might get push out with this trade .

solve your center problem

Cory

Really need to figure how much these D rated players contracts are worth.

SUBSCRIBE TO MY GAMING CHANNEL ON YOUTUBE

Jennifer

Who have you got available at centre, then? (And how much cash are you playing with, so I know what I'd need to haggle Watchen down to)

Black Death

I am 4 million under the cap ...  but right now , It a last resort if this trade falls through

Ian "Wolfie" Trumps

Kirk Byways...all depending on what Franchise does!

Jennifer

If something comes through for Johnson, I hope he remembers I told him that I did want him in, lol.