News:

Join our chat! - https://discord.gg/6vUfQnG

Main Menu

OUT OF CHARACTER BOARD

Started by Ian "Wolfie" Trumps, May 04, 2012, 10:53:47 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Black Death

I am working on the FFL

I have the sim formula work out  maybe  lol... more now working on the history and the players ... that the hard part.

may not see this until the fall
"Asuka, gives you two thumbs up"

GM Franchise

Quote from: Black Death on May 15, 2012, 11:39:30 PM
I am working on the FFL

I have the sim formula work out  maybe  lol... more now working on the history and the players ... that the hard part.

Awesome. You can auto-sign me up for that right now.
Quote from: Trumpers on July 25, 2012, 01:46:54 PM
James, everytime you post in the OOC your perception of "yourself" is just as apparently off key 'in game' as GM Franchise as it is 'out of game' as yourself lol.
Quote from: Mike Powers on May 22, 2012, 06:44:25 PM
Now I know how Franchise feels every game.  Speak your mind and you get singled out for it.
Quote[Nov 30 21:22:23] Trumpers:you have literally assembled one of the worst teams possible

Cory

Quote from: Black Death on May 15, 2012, 11:39:30 PM
I am working on the FFL

I can help...I personally was going to look at helping Ian do that (assuming he wanted to try another Fantasy GM league). But Id say wait off on it until this FBL dies down. Its really popular right now, and with the pace of games getting picked up I can see it going until either Ian gets bored or we need a break (Id project season 4-5ish). Before you get to into it BD, see what works with the FBL and what doesnt. I was gonna start creating a FFL, but I want to see what happens season 2 & 3 in the FBL and stuff, so we can make a effective game.

I see similarities that transfer over per GM type game ie all the player/GM interactions, off-season moves, everything. But its been complicated managing 8 players here for most of the GMs playing (contracts and attitudes)....having 48 (22 starters, punter/kicker + backups) players in a FFL...not sure how to effectively do that. Not only so that it doesnt take a week alone to deal with every player, but to generate such a huge mass of content is going to be brutally long. Ians going above and beyond this season, and hes managing 64 players (i think).

But I WAS thinking using Madden as a simulator. Just create the teams (random generate names), super/sim the games, and then use the auto draft to come up with the rookies, ect.

Anyways, I note that we stay on topic of the FBL....dont want to disrespect Ian and his game by talking about another game that doesnt even exist yet, seeing as how much work hes putting in and how much more of this game we all have to play.

SUBSCRIBE TO MY GAMING CHANNEL ON YOUTUBE

FXBlade

Quote from: Trumpers on May 15, 2012, 06:03:53 PM
If you want to continue to lose I guess so, comes out the PR budget.

lol  Do it BD, fine your team!

Black Death

no ...just mark brown need to get my money back for his appreciation   night

lol
"Asuka, gives you two thumbs up"

Jennifer

QuoteCould do a bit of both really...that is what the PR budget is for (PR budget I use as you can probably tell for basic spending will probably change the name a little to just budget next season).

That makes a lot more sense. I know there were one or two things I didn't pull the trigger on purely because I didn't think that fell under 'PR', strictly.

By the way, as far as the budget goes, is it adjusted somewhat for the size of the market? As in, do me and Puerto Rico have less in the 100% (so things take up bigger chunks of it) than teams like Hollywood and Vegas?

On a similar note, can we get a list somewhere of the biggest-to-smallest market size? People bring it up a lot and I'm not 100% sure what it means... just that mine is small, lol.

Quote from: Mike Flips"Certainly officer...but first, we have two men here trespassing. Also I was assaulted moments ago by a man who might have had a sister I might have had sex with. Can we please arrest said man for Disturbing The Peace-opoly or something..."

Ian "Wolfie" Trumps

At the moment we need to remember a lot of this is beta in terms of 'will this work as a game' so I have designed a lot of things simple in reference to PR. If its a success I will up the stakes.
'Check out MFX - www.mfxpodcast.com'

Jennifer

Fair enough.

On another note, I've been having ideas for a while now for some free agents for the pool (or future pool). I'm pretty sure I could come up with some blurbs, like for the current foreign guys. Would you like me to PM you some, Ian or is that stuff pretty much in hand?

- Just wanna try help where I can, since I know you're going to have a LOT of new guys to come up with next season.

Quote from: Mike Flips"Certainly officer...but first, we have two men here trespassing. Also I was assaulted moments ago by a man who might have had a sister I might have had sex with. Can we please arrest said man for Disturbing The Peace-opoly or something..."

Cory

I know we were mentioning this in the shoutbox....Ian are you going to archive each season?

SUBSCRIBE TO MY GAMING CHANNEL ON YOUTUBE

Ian "Wolfie" Trumps

Quote from: Cory on May 16, 2012, 05:06:54 PM
I know we were mentioning this in the shoutbox....Ian are you going to archive each season?

I have saved every games pdf to my computer so you can come back and request all info from your coaches. Just going to record Inside FBL.

FXBlade

Can we get an updated standings list please or a W/L record?

Ian "Wolfie" Trumps

Quote from: Blade on May 16, 2012, 06:32:25 PM
Can we get an updated standings list please or a W/L record?

Give me a few days for that mate...going to go through the whole 4 weeks and make it proper.

FXBlade

No problem.

Only asked because I'm on my phone, but just realised I can get all that info easier

FXBlade

EDIT SPOILER FOR WEEK  4 RESULTS

Only took a few minutes, .pdf are so easy to read on the iPhone

Hope you don't mind

Hayseeds (7-1) WLWWWWWW
Stallions (5-3) LWWLLWWW
Bells (5-3) LLWLWWWW
Wolves (5-3) WWLWWLLW
Aces (4-4) WWWLLWLL
Waves (4-4) WWLWLLWL
Toppers (1-7) LLLLWLLL
Stars (1-7) LLLWLLLL

Ian "Wolfie" Trumps

I believe the Stallions have a better record over the Wolves and Bells hence their position. Also the Aces and Waves have split games, but Aces have scored more points in difference. Toppers and Stars, Stars have scored more points I believe. Those could be wrong, but in the next week I'd imagine we will get more seperation. Anyway thanks Blade.