News:

Check out our Site Partners!

80s Mania WrestlingDaShawns2cents on FacebookThe Efed PodcastESPN Sports SimsEWCThe Indy CornerMFX PodcastOld School WrestlingSLTD WrestlingWhat A Maneuver!Wrestleview.comWrestling Mayhem Show

Main Menu

OUT OF CHARACTER BOARD

Started by Ian "Wolfie" Trumps, May 04, 2012, 10:53:47 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Strike

Quote from: Blade on August 20, 2012, 05:34:01 PM
Good job.  appreciate that. +1

what people need to look at as well is the people they are trading, remember Boise used 17 mill just on Shack!

Exactly. I got plenty of cap room to spare and signed Joey and Kris rather cheap to boot, which does give Arkia some room to work with as well.

GM Franchise

Bingo. Boise is in a HUGE financial hole because of the Shack deal.
Quote from: Trumpers on July 25, 2012, 01:46:54 PM
James, everytime you post in the OOC your perception of "yourself" is just as apparently off key 'in game' as GM Franchise as it is 'out of game' as yourself lol.
Quote from: Mike Powers on May 22, 2012, 06:44:25 PM
Now I know how Franchise feels every game.  Speak your mind and you get singled out for it.
Quote[Nov 30 21:22:23] Trumpers:you have literally assembled one of the worst teams possible

Ian "Wolfie" Trumps

Quote from: James V, The Calvary's Franchise on August 20, 2012, 05:30:08 PM
Nah, that's him and his attitude problems that I warned everyone about. lol  :P

To clarify he hasnt got an attitude problem, you treated him like shit and bad mouthed him to the press and then expected him to be your buddy afterwards lol.

He left Boston like the other guys because Bone was sucked into a trap of putting a load of cash Toom's way when really Richards was a massive key if not THE key of why his team got to the finals.

He doesn't want to play for Boise because Boise cannot afford a salary increase for him this season. Arika blew her budget on Shack and Flan...to the extent she cannot even agree Chris Jones.

Aces would be a natural choice for any player. They have cap room and are the reigning Champions. Blade doesnt do a lot of stupid trades and move players for the sake of it. He adds and subtracts players when he needs to and has built a reputation "in the players minds" as a good GM to work for.

There isnt a lot of conspiracy to this at all. Richards was pulled into a long term shit contract...he has proven to be a player in this league and exactly like team mate Rich Deane did. Wants to be rewarded.
'Check out MFX - www.mfxpodcast.com'

Jennifer

lmao. Dave rejected Country so hard. Remember, even his teammates were sick of him.

--

Quote from: Mike Flips"Certainly officer...but first, we have two men here trespassing. Also I was assaulted moments ago by a man who might have had a sister I might have had sex with. Can we please arrest said man for Disturbing The Peace-opoly or something..."

Strike

Quote from: Trumpers on August 20, 2012, 05:37:12 PM
To clarify he hasnt got an attitude problem, you treated him like shit and bad mouthed him to the press and then expected him to be your buddy afterwards lol.

He left Boston like the other guys because Bone was sucked into a trap of putting a load of cash Toom's way when really Richards was a massive key if not THE key of why his team got to the finals.

He doesn't want to play for Boise because Boise cannot afford a salary increase for him this season. Arika blew her budget on Shack and Flan...to the extent she cannot even agree Chris Jones.

Aces would be a natural choice for any player. They have cap room and are the reigning Champions. Blade doesnt do a lot of stupid trades and move players for the sake of it. He adds and subtracts players when he needs to and has built a reputation "in the players minds" as a good GM to work for.

There isnt a lot of conspiracy to this at all. Richards was pulled into a long term shit contract...he has proven to be a player in this league and exactly like team mate Rich Deane did. Wants to be rewarded.

It just shows how amazing a job Blade has done since the beginning of this game, really...guys WANT to play for Las Vegas because they know they're going to get used to their full potential. Only other team I can think of that comes close is the Hayseeds and they're already set and ready to go.

Black Death

you can thank James for that ... he sent him Eddie Lights season 6

"Asuka, gives you two thumbs up"

Ian "Wolfie" Trumps

This is also my point as well. I have notes on a lot of the players as I think I have mentioned before (no none of you can have ANY! LOL). I also evaluate your decisions as GMs in terms of signings, how you speak to players and also financial control. In the world of FBL, these will be measured by coaches, players and agents on how they react to you. For example if you make a huge gaff ala Cory last season or say Bone this season that is gonna hurt you. If your cool concise ala Blade or Hondo that helps you. Johnny is a little hot headed so is Jen so naturally some players are going to get wary of that.

I pointed out a couple of key things this season. How you are also accountable to your bosses as well for PR and how the team is performing. This off season being honest...is going to be a complete disaster for a handful of teams in terms of morale and respect they have earned from the "components" of the league.

If your real life sports team did half the moves you guys did you'd find another team lol. I completely appreciated that I have had to up the player "drama" in order to make it more RPG compatible, but even when I dont there are some bizzare moves in this game.

Ian "Wolfie" Trumps

Side note was there ever a deal for someone to move Lucic Chachenko. I remember it been mentioned, but I have him down as a Star still.

Jennifer

Keys + S10 pick? That might be a winner, actually.

EDIT: That's regarding Damore not Chachenko

Quote from: Mike Flips"Certainly officer...but first, we have two men here trespassing. Also I was assaulted moments ago by a man who might have had a sister I might have had sex with. Can we please arrest said man for Disturbing The Peace-opoly or something..."

GM Franchise

Yeah Chachenko was never traded. He's still on teh Hollywood Biologists.
James, everytime you post in the OOC your perception of "yourself" is just as apparently off key 'in game' as GM Franchise as it is 'out of game' as yourself lol.
Now I know how Franchise feels every game.  Speak your mind and you get singled out for it.
Quote[Nov 30 21:22:23] Trumpers:you have literally assembled one of the worst teams possible

FXBlade

Quote from: Black Death on August 20, 2012, 05:45:45 PM
you can thank James for that ... he sent him Eddie Lights season 6

best two draft picks spent ever...

EVER!

But I have always had a core though.

season 6/7/8 - Mays, Robinson, Lights, Byways (now assistant) and McDoe were the main five that were with me.  All i messed with was draft picks which usually got put into the expansion draft.  I think hardaway is the only draftee that has made it more than once season

Black Death

well I found out my rep is shitty ... not as bad as james ... lol

but I think ty ty is getting there

Lucic ...he still a star... ty ty offer him to Justin  , justin has not propose the trade yet
"Asuka, gives you two thumbs up"

Strike

Quote from: Blade on August 20, 2012, 05:51:12 PM

EVER!

season 6/7/8 - Mays, Robinson, Lights, Byways (now assistant) and McDoe were the main five that were with me.  All i messed with was draft picks which usually got put into the expansion draft.  I think hardaway is the only draftee that has made it more than once season

Give it a season or two...Flash's only going to become the most deadly players in this entire league with the mentorship he's getting. >_>

GM Franchise

Notice how everything somehow leads back to me, lol.

Ian "Wolfie" Trumps

Quote from: Blade on August 20, 2012, 05:51:12 PM

EVER!

Who did they select with those two picks?