News:

Join our chat! - https://discord.gg/6vUfQnG

Main Menu

OUT OF CHARACTER BOARD

Started by Ian "Wolfie" Trumps, May 04, 2012, 10:53:47 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jennifer

Unfortunately, I think it's a case of your owner's personality combining poorly with the situation. He obviously thinks with his heart more than his head.

I wouldn't be surprised if the coaches' biggest effect was on team chemistry - hence why Hawk was incredibly miffed at the idea of bringing in somebody new after training, and hence why the buzzword around Texas has been 'needing to gel'. Sui's grade isn't that great - maybe he has a good strategy but his flaw is that he can't adjust the strategy to fit the players. That and a little bit of bad luck and I can see why trouble would be being had.

I feel for ya though Cory, tough situation you're in.

Quote from: Mike Flips"Certainly officer...but first, we have two men here trespassing. Also I was assaulted moments ago by a man who might have had a sister I might have had sex with. Can we please arrest said man for Disturbing The Peace-opoly or something..."

Cory

But I dont know whether to take my chances and build a team that can play this scheme, and risk losing all my talent, or disobey the owner and fire Sui and bring in someone who can work with the team.

SUBSCRIBE TO MY GAMING CHANNEL ON YOUTUBE

Hondo

Looks like you're in a no-win situation, so why not go for broke? Fire the coach and take your chances with the owner. The worst that could happen would be landing in Boise.

"Just do the best you can with whatever gift God has given you, whatever intellect you have. Use it. Be good while you're doing it. Love your neighbor. Love the One that created you. Enjoy the cosmos. And rock on." - Phil Robertson of Duck Dynasty

J-Reb

You can't sit idle.  You have to do one or the other - it's probably easier to work with the owner and build bridges there than lose all the talent that you have acquired and start over.  You won't have the bevy of draft picks to work with this time like you did last year. 

Hondo

Quote from: Johnny Rebel on November 08, 2012, 02:01:28 PM
You can't sit idle.  You have to do one or the other - it's probably easier to work with the owner and build bridges there than lose all the talent that you have acquired and start over.  You won't have the bevy of draft picks to work with this time like you did last year. 

With this Falls stuff, he's prone to losing a lot of them anyway.

"Just do the best you can with whatever gift God has given you, whatever intellect you have. Use it. Be good while you're doing it. Love your neighbor. Love the One that created you. Enjoy the cosmos. And rock on." - Phil Robertson of Duck Dynasty

Justin

I wouldn't be surprised that everybody backs out of their contracts and we all have to start from scratch.

Dorling

Quote from: JustinP on November 08, 2012, 02:13:31 PM
I wouldn't be surprised that everybody backs out of their contracts and we all have to start from scratch.

Super captain Clint Danberry has already told me he's a Colonial for life! I think Ricky Hallmark is a safe bet too. I made their careers, yo.

Cory

Firing Sui is what I was going to do. Id rather risk having to start with a new team then have to lose all the talent I brought in and rebuild once again.

SUBSCRIBE TO MY GAMING CHANNEL ON YOUTUBE

Jennifer

Quote from: JustinP on November 08, 2012, 02:13:31 PM

It'll mostly depend on the player. The Falls clause is an opportunity for change, but it's not like EVERYONE is going to want to drop everything. I mean, why would, for example, Eddie Lights want to leave Vegas after the great seasons he's had with them? Not everyone is money motivated and not everyone is going to want a bigger slice of the pie.

Another example - James Cross completely turned his career around by coming to Wyoming, it would be pretty weird if he just randomly left. I can see him wanting more money, but not just quitting pointlessly. (I'm actually hoping his demands will be quite reasonable because of high morale).

I never thought I'd say this, but if OJ retires I'm considering making Cross my captain.

Quote from: Mike Flips"Certainly officer...but first, we have two men here trespassing. Also I was assaulted moments ago by a man who might have had a sister I might have had sex with. Can we please arrest said man for Disturbing The Peace-opoly or something..."

Ty

Yeah, Apollo is my player who I cant see ever leaving Hollywood. His morale has never been higher. Went from an oversight to team captain supertalent in less than a year. I think most teams have a core guy or few who are too happy to leave (or in Blades case, a lot)

Jennifer

Too bad keeping his morale high entailed giving half your budget to a crazy cult, eh?  ;D

Ty

lol, just 2 million so far. But imagine if someone like Shack or Lights got hooked into Biology. Hollywood would be more than a lure for the drugged and the gambling obssessed after that lol

Jennifer

True, I guess I was just contrasting 2 million in PR for a guy who is a utility player. Still, Leo keeps Apollo happy, which is worth a lot, as you say. Not much different from me dropping 2 million to get Cross to Dr. Refined.

J-Reb

Any chance we could get some updated stat sheets going in to free agency?

Jennifer

Gently plugging at the FBL wiki I set up... DAMN were the early days of season 6 a complete clusterfudge to follow. Hindsight is 20:20 and all that, but there are some moves I made that just confuse the heck out of me.