News:

Check out our Site Partners!

80s Mania WrestlingDaShawns2cents on FacebookThe Efed PodcastESPN Sports SimsEWCThe Indy CornerMFX PodcastOld School WrestlingSLTD WrestlingWhat A Maneuver!Wrestleview.comWrestling Mayhem Show

Main Menu

OUT OF CHARACTER BOARD

Started by Ian "Wolfie" Trumps, May 04, 2012, 10:53:47 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

T-Bonizzle

Hey, I'll take Bennett off your hands no problem.

Jennifer

Quote from: GM Franchise on November 11, 2012, 04:13:53 PM
Yeah but if Bennett wanted the team to get better then wouldn't he want Shack on his team even with not getting along with him? Team first mentality is what he needs. He seems to have a problem with management more than anything.

I don't know. Like I said, I feel that there's more to this than is being let on right now. There have been a few implications from Chart that it's not necessarily about a rivalry between the two players, and the original story suggested Bennett was looking to get an improved deal... which signing somebody like Shack would probably put a dent in.

FBL is never as open and shut as people think, is all I'm saying, but the first two fallings out Bennett had? Completely understandable. I mean, if you look at Bennett's manner in conversation and the views he's put forward on certain topics, he strikes me as being a guy who wants to play ball without drama, y'know? This is the first time he's done anything that's made him look like a prima donna.

Quote from: Mike Flips"Certainly officer...but first, we have two men here trespassing. Also I was assaulted moments ago by a man who might have had a sister I might have had sex with. Can we please arrest said man for Disturbing The Peace-opoly or something..."

GM Franchise

Actually I think he showed it during Nestgate. He's one of those my way or the highway type of guys. He's a primadonna. I said that after he wanted out of Texas last season.
Quote from: Trumpers on July 25, 2012, 01:46:54 PM
James, everytime you post in the OOC your perception of "yourself" is just as apparently off key 'in game' as GM Franchise as it is 'out of game' as yourself lol.
Quote from: Mike Powers on May 22, 2012, 06:44:25 PM
Now I know how Franchise feels every game.  Speak your mind and you get singled out for it.
Quote[Nov 30 21:22:23] Trumpers:you have literally assembled one of the worst teams possible

Jennifer

Having just re-read Nestgate, I can 100% see how you would get upset at the situation without being a diva. Nestgate itself was pretty dire in terms of shaking the team's foundations, then Chart left (because he was getting snubbed after press conferences), and then Cory went fire and brimstone in multiple press conferences and tore into several players.

Fair enough if that's your opinion though, but Bennett went from being reasonably happy to wanting to leave two weeks later, and that was after some serious fire in press conferences (calling negative attention to the team), mishandling Stimar (and Keys, to a lesser extent), and then basically just saying "There's the door, if you want to go, then go" to the entire team.

Quote from: Mike Flips"Certainly officer...but first, we have two men here trespassing. Also I was assaulted moments ago by a man who might have had a sister I might have had sex with. Can we please arrest said man for Disturbing The Peace-opoly or something..."

Strike

Main difference is, when one starts putting up abysmal stats for a player of that caliber and then walking off from practice just as it's going into playoffs - there's consequences for that kind of behavior in real life and to me, I can't accept it either, especially when it's the team captain doing it. I dunno, I just feel that while I did mess up entirely, that taking it out on the entire team by not showing up to practice and half-assing the last two games of the season (that could have upped the spot in the standings, as the Dragons did beat Wyoming as well IIRC) and then refusing to be at practice on the eve of the playoffs...even if I made Kamil happy somehow and it all worked out, there'd be that looming threat he'd resort to behavior like this one again if he didn't get things his way again.

Yeah, not gonna work. It's unfortunate, but I've gotta do what's best for the team overall. See what happens in the postseason first, go from there.

Jennifer

Quote from: Chris Strike on November 11, 2012, 05:01:30 PM
Main difference is, when one starts putting up abysmal stats for a player of that caliber and then walking off from practice just as it's going into playoffs - there's consequences for that kind of behavior in real life and to me, I can't accept it either, especially when it's the team captain doing it. I dunno, I just feel that while I did mess up entirely, that taking it out on the entire team by not showing up to practice and half-assing the last two games of the season (that could have upped the spot in the standings, as the Dragons did beat Wyoming as well IIRC) and then refusing to be at practice on the eve of the playoffs...even if I made Kamil happy somehow and it all worked out, there'd be that looming threat he'd resort to behavior like this one again if he didn't get things his way again.

Yeah, not gonna work. It's unfortunate, but I've gotta do what's best for the team overall. See what happens in the postseason first, go from there.

Oh I'm not trying to say that it's all one-way traffic with Bennett, just that it's not Cazluc 'explode with rage because the word MVP wasn't included in praise of my performances' Vraba calibre crybaby either.

Strike

Quote from: Jennifer on November 11, 2012, 05:35:07 PM
Oh I'm not trying to say that it's all one-way traffic with Bennett, just that it's not Cazluc 'explode with rage because the word MVP wasn't included in praise of my performances' Vraba calibre crybaby either.

Oh, I understand that too. But again, the team captain thing...it'd be one thing if he was just one guy. When you're THE guy, skipping practice is not exactly setting an example or showing yourself to be a reliable leader for your teammates.

GM Franchise

Quote from: Chris Strike on November 11, 2012, 06:06:14 PM
Oh, I understand that too. But again, the team captain thing...it'd be one thing if he was just one guy. When you're THE guy, skipping practice is not exactly setting an example or showing yourself to be a reliable leader for your teammates.

This is my point. Bennett is a great player but at time cannot be reliable especially when he's mad at management. All he cares about is his image and not the team.
James, everytime you post in the OOC your perception of "yourself" is just as apparently off key 'in game' as GM Franchise as it is 'out of game' as yourself lol.
Now I know how Franchise feels every game.  Speak your mind and you get singled out for it.
Quote[Nov 30 21:22:23] Trumpers:you have literally assembled one of the worst teams possible

T-Bonizzle

Need more GMs to be tough on their players

Ty

Psst, stephan, I already signed spots

GM Franchise

I think he should go for Coco Flames. That would be a good fit.

T-Bonizzle

Doesn't mean he can't sign him out from under you ala Anchorage

GM Franchise

That is a possibility. It'll be interesting to see if Coaches move around.

Jennifer

Hm, regarding the high coach wage demand, it could always be that they're sceptical of the Franchise curse and so want a big packet to come there.  :P

GM Franchise

They might be. I am the most cursed GM of all time. lol  :P