News:

Join our chat! - https://discord.gg/6vUfQnG

Main Menu

OUT OF CHARACTER BOARD

Started by Ian "Wolfie" Trumps, May 04, 2012, 10:53:47 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

T-Bonizzle

Quote from: Jon on November 28, 2012, 08:11:27 PM
I just have to get Lights contract extension done and then talk to Coach Byways, then the team. Then I'll lock in.

Question about the whole strategy thing... is there a list of things we can choose from? Or can we make up our own style of offense?

FOr minutes strategy... I see post people put "Play Starters Mostly" or "Rotational Lineup"... for example I would like to rotate two positions around during the game... PG & PF... but play my other 3 (SG, SF, C) mostly.

And in terms of offensive strategy... I've seen "Stallion Offense" what is that? Can we create our own offense? How does that work?

Basically you have three things to decide on each week.

Your style of play. Does your team focus on getting the ball to a few players on offense or does everyone get to play? (focus on a few players or team ball)

Your minutes strategy. Does the starters tough it out and play most of the game or does the bench relieve a lot of minutes? (Mostly starters or rotational policy) As for timesharing a position, maybe. I don't know.

Third you need to set your line-up, and your 6th man, and then what order the 7th and 8th man come off the bench.

Jennifer

I am happy now.  :D

Unfortunately I'm kind've betting the farm on Williams, but such gambles occasionally have to be taken. One thing's for sure... I'm definitely going to have to move Nezorov unless he turns out to be a truly exceptional player, as I just plain won't be able to afford his contract against my cap with some of the upcoming extensions.

Quote from: Mike Flips"Certainly officer...but first, we have two men here trespassing. Also I was assaulted moments ago by a man who might have had a sister I might have had sex with. Can we please arrest said man for Disturbing The Peace-opoly or something..."

Jon

Quote from: T-Wishbone on November 28, 2012, 08:29:13 PM
Basically you have three things to decide on each week.

Your style of play. Does your team focus on getting the ball to a few players on offense or does everyone get to play? (focus on a few players or team ball)

Your minutes strategy. Does the starters tough it out and play most of the game or does the bench relieve a lot of minutes? (Mostly starters or rotational policy) As for timesharing a position, maybe. I don't know.

Third you need to set your line-up, and your 6th man, and then what order the 7th and 8th man come off the bench.

Thanks T. What about that extra stuff at the end (See Chris Strike's lineup for Anchorage), where he says specific things he wants to do. We can do stuff like that and it'll work or what?

GM of the Queen City Conquerors

T-Bonizzle

We honestly don't know how much extra stuff Ian actually accounts for. Go see my lock in post, and check back Week 1 to see if it made a difference I guess.

Jon

GM of the Queen City Conquerors

Black Death

Quote from: Jennifer on November 28, 2012, 08:35:05 PM
I am happy now.  :D

Unfortunately I'm kind've betting the farm on Williams, but such gambles occasionally have to be taken. One thing's for sure... I'm definitely going to have to move Nezorov unless he turns out to be a truly exceptional player, as I just plain won't be able to afford his contract against my cap with some of the upcoming extensions.

you know I would be interested in him
"Asuka, gives you two thumbs up"

Jennifer

Quote from: Black Death on November 28, 2012, 10:44:47 PM
you know I would be interested in him

Let's talk next season. I meant it's something I'll have to do in the future.

Quote from: Mike Flips"Certainly officer...but first, we have two men here trespassing. Also I was assaulted moments ago by a man who might have had a sister I might have had sex with. Can we please arrest said man for Disturbing The Peace-opoly or something..."

Cory

Because im locked in, yet made a trade how will it work?

Will I keep my lineup and the trade will be effective week 2, or will I have the chance to modify my lineup post-trade? Since half the teams havent locked in......

SUBSCRIBE TO MY GAMING CHANNEL ON YOUTUBE

T-Bonizzle

Ian, if we trade a player with PR in his contract, and it was spent on their old team, do we get another chance with the money? I took a PR hit with the Yianni trade, so technically I haven't spent his PR money.

Well I mean the money is autospent because it's in his contract, for those of us who make trades with players who have PR, can we repurpose the campaign and change the tagline?

Domingo

Quote from: Cory on November 28, 2012, 11:42:05 PM
Because im locked in, yet made a trade how will it work?

Will I keep my lineup and the trade will be effective week 2, or will I have the chance to modify my lineup post-trade? Since half the teams havent locked in......

I dont think you can make the trade since you're locked in, but I'm not Ian so I'd wait for clarification before you do anything.

GM Franchise

This is going to be very interesting.
Quote from: Trumpers on July 25, 2012, 01:46:54 PM
James, everytime you post in the OOC your perception of "yourself" is just as apparently off key 'in game' as GM Franchise as it is 'out of game' as yourself lol.
Quote from: Mike Powers on May 22, 2012, 06:44:25 PM
Now I know how Franchise feels every game.  Speak your mind and you get singled out for it.
Quote[Nov 30 21:22:23] Trumpers:you have literally assembled one of the worst teams possible

Cory

I dont know if I have the right to plea a case.....I rushed to lock in mainly cause I thought we had a "Everyone lock in before Judge moves the boards" kinda thing.....and a little bit cause Coach Sui was pissing me off....like 70/30. Didn't know people would still be wheeling and dealing like 2 days after I locked in.

Cory

But I guess we'll see tomorow.

Ian "Wolfie" Trumps

If you are locked in you are locked in. So you cant trade. Plus one of your games has been simmed for week one as you and your opponent were both locked in.
'Check out MFX - www.mfxpodcast.com'

Steven

Well, what a shocker Devine walking out was.