News:

Check out our Site Partners!

80s Mania WrestlingDaShawns2cents on FacebookThe Efed PodcastESPN Sports SimsEWCThe Indy CornerMFX PodcastOld School WrestlingSLTD WrestlingWhat A Maneuver!Wrestleview.comWrestling Mayhem Show

Main Menu

OUT OF CHARACTER BOARD

Started by Ian "Wolfie" Trumps, May 04, 2012, 10:53:47 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rob

I think the only chance James has of winning a game is if he moves the team to North Korea. He would probably win every game due to the other team's assassination
SixersEagles

[/center]

Jennifer

Quote"Had a verbal with former Hollywood GM TyTy for Sparky Weasel in exchange or Flash Davis. GM Franchise has expressed interest in Flash Davis as well. Most of his players would exceed our salary cap in a trade though."

Erm....

Quote from: Mike Flips"Certainly officer...but first, we have two men here trespassing. Also I was assaulted moments ago by a man who might have had a sister I might have had sex with. Can we please arrest said man for Disturbing The Peace-opoly or something..."

¿PapaPancho?

Black Death

Quote from: Jennifer on January 05, 2013, 06:02:43 PM
Erm....

Jen , that deal no longer applies,  TY TY move on .  your safe   lol

"Asuka, gives you two thumbs up"

jagilki

Quote from: Trumpers on January 05, 2013, 05:51:40 PM

Because we'd get more success out of coaching a team of blind ducks than these people. You are deluded in thinking we have ANY talent here in Boise. That is why we are being whipped by 100 points plus on occasion. Further to this nobody could make this team win and on top of that we have you running the ball club. Outside of paying the other team to lose we won't win a single game this season with this team and the reason this team was assembled was because of you. The same you who hasnt won a game for two years now. The same you which destroyed the dynasty of the Toppers...the same you who is the biggest laughing stock in the history of the FBL. Insulting you is getting your arrogant behind to realize your pretty damn shit and there is NOTHING I nor anyone can do when your making deals to put THIS sort of basketball team together...

Quote from: Franchise

Mike Powers

I've finally had a look in this section, after reading you guys all talk about the FBL constantly in the shoutbox.....and I'm lost as fuck.  Anyone wanna give me a cliffnotes version of what this is all about?

T-Bonizzle

jagilki

Ty

T-Bonizzle

But not in that order.

Mike Powers

*sigh*

How does it work....?

Rob

I think the best way to figure out how it works is to look over some of the team threads and the stickies in here and in the archives. That's what I've done in preparation for joining the game but I'm sure the best way to understand the game is to play and experience what goes on.
SixersEagles

[/center]

T-Bonizzle

Basically, you're the General Manager of a team. You're responsible for putting together a team by hiring coaches and players, and then you're responsible for dealing with all the bullshit that arises.

Ty

So lets say this

Dorling is GM of the fantasy basketball team, the Virginia Colonials. On his team, he has 8 players, a coach and an assistant coach. Each have their own personalities, skills, quirks and ways of being happy or angry. Dorling must manage each of their salaries, keep them happy, and get the right pieces in place to make them successful. For some players, it could be paying them money, others could be paying for a male order wife, others could just avoiding all drama. Each player and coach is unique.

Now, Dorling has a budget of 45 million for his 8 players salaries and 13 million in 'pr' funds for his coaches salaries, scouting, and anything else that could happen.

Dorling is the only GM that can post in the Virginia thread. That thread is for his interactions with his team. If he wants to contribute to the in char aspect of the game, it must be done in that thread. The ooc thread is us just having fun and discussing, the trade thread is where we discuss trades. The future deal thread is where we sign off on the trades or sign off on spending money. The news thread is where Ian posts most anything that happens with our teams like for example, a player getting arrested or a coach being involved with a scandal.

Each week starts with the results from the previous week. After that we answer the questions asked by the 'media' at the post game press conference. Then, we discuss the week with our coaches to gain insight into everything that transpired behind the scenes. After that, we deal with crap and build relationship with our team until we have to lock in the roster and stratagy for the week.

Off season, there is a player draft and we get to sign and trade players to build our team. Each player interacts differently with each other so its a game of learning each player and keeping on the ball. The coaches are invaluable as they see things we can't.

Dorling and Franchise are the polar ends of the system right now. Franchise can't handle the budget as well, his players dont like him, his coaches aren't helpful, and he doesn't handle the media well. His team hasn't won in two years and he's been fired a bunch. Dorling on the other hand managed his budget well, kept his players happy and made Virginia into a team that every player wants to play for. Because of this, he was able to win the FBL Championship and is very likely on his way to another hugely successful season. That being said, one mistake and his entire team might blow up.

Its a very deep, fun game.

Ty

Oh yes, important detail. If you make the player happy and do all the right moves, they play well for you.

If you dont... Franchise's team scored 12 points in a game last week. While most teams get between 80-120 a game.

Moral is a huge factor