News:

Join our chat! - https://discord.gg/6vUfQnG

Main Menu

OUT OF CHARACTER BOARD

Started by Ian "Wolfie" Trumps, May 04, 2012, 10:53:47 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

jagilki

One mistake, like GoGo Frazier "Nancy Karganing" his Star player?

Ty

Hmm... not sure if that would do it, maybe if Dorling was caught telling him to or if Dorling went after Sheldon Day

T-Bonizzle

Dorling could have forced Clint Danbury to play through his injury for example. Kinda like what Justin did with Ricky Hallmark in our first season.

Black Death

that why he did not ... we all learn from that ... smarter to take a hit for a few games , than hurt you players and get him mad at you and wanting out

moral is a booster that can make good teams , play great
"Asuka, gives you two thumbs up"

Black Death

or it can bring your team down ...

it works both ways

like me doing a dumbass line up , putting a player where they should not be , or pissing off the team captain
"Asuka, gives you two thumbs up"

Ty

That would have done it.

@Mike, the signs are all there. If you ignore an issue, it will probably explode on you. Like say, Coach mentions play X has a limp and I ask player X and he says, nah im fine and then he gets hurt because I didnt act on it. Well, thats gonna blow up in my face.

A good example came this off season. One of the players of a team blew out his knee. The GM talked to the doctor about it and the doc said he would have to retire. The GM talked to the player and the player thought he would recover. Now, two options would be to take the docs side or take the players side. The GM however, asked the player to become assistant coach for next season as they sought out more medical opinions and if they found a way to recover his knee, he could become a player coach as well. Team moral skyrocketed because of how well that situation was handled.

Had the GM just said, sorry bro, your done, moral would have plummetted. Had the GM said, nah, youll be fine, lets get more opinions, it would have blown up.

Justin

James, I will bet money that if you autolock the rest of the season you will win at least one game.

Mike Powers

I think I get it, sounds like fun.  One question is, HOW is it done?  Does Ian make up each scenario and decide the outcomes himself?  Is there some sort of program that he uses/follows?  Something else that I don't understand?

For example, how is it determined that XXX Player has a bad knee?  How is it decided that Team A beats Team B by 4 points?  The mechanics of it, basically.

Ian "Wolfie" Trumps

Ok so the draft is up. What can you do and cant you do right now:

- Your men being sent to the expansion draft is determind. Dont whine and bitch. Shit happens, the company didnt freeze in time while you were busy moving your family into a studio apartment waiting to start next season and finding out where your fat kid can go to a private school and not be bullied because his Dad or Mum is doing a shit job as a GM of the cities basketball team.

- Outside the two expansion teams who will pick 1 and 2 respectively, the draft lottery is in place for the teams which did not make the post season. The worse you record the more chance you will have of the highest pick ie number 3 in this case. In the event that two teams are equally shit in terms of record and from different divisions I will put the same amount of 'balls' in the lottery for them.

- In terms of teams who have made the playoffs I will flip a coin to see who goes before who if they have the same record.

- Right now all auto-locked teams may begin talking trades, confirming trades for next season and doing what they want much like non locked teams. Once a deal is decided on and confirmed in the trade discussion thread by both parties, one member of the party needs to put it in the future deal thread. You can trade Season 11 draft picks and Season 12 ones (ie future draft picks), but nothing further in the future. You can also trade players as well. I am not posting team sheets as grades are altering during the season. You will have to rely on stats and other info being posted to work out what a player is worth to you. I will advise salaries if asked in a PM as well as years to run on contracts.

- No auto-locked team may approach a coach or player about signing for them. You are only playing with yourselves...pardon the pun.

- You may use your budget from this season to scout players. If your team has no Assistant Coach from Season 10 or one that has been fired it is incredibly unlikely he is going to help you out, but if he moved onto pastures green he might do you a favour before he goes.

STARS: Chemankocov still with team
STALLIONS: Marcelo quit team due to Sui firing
WOLVES: Calamenta still with team till end of season has limited reports due to promotion
DRAGONS: Davies now with Texas left on good terms
GLACIERS: Watchen still with team
STEAMERS: Brown contract extended stil with team

Please future deal scouting reports you want to see and make sure its within the budget. None of Season 11's PR budget can be used for scouting reports. The expansion teams have 6 freebies each.
'Check out MFX - www.mfxpodcast.com'

Ty

Quote from: Mike Powers on January 05, 2013, 08:19:58 PM
I think I get it, sounds like fun.  One question is, HOW is it done?  Does Ian make up each scenario and decide the outcomes himself?  Is there some sort of program that he uses/follows?  Something else that I don't understand?

For example, how is it determined that XXX Player has a bad knee?  How is it decided that Team A beats Team B by 4 points?  The mechanics of it, basically.

Ian has a simulator thats deep. He sims the games based on each players moral, stats, and whatever else, the magic happens

Ty

Wow, Apollo, flan, and chachenko, great picks

Ty

Mike Powers

I know that you guys have just filled out your 3 open slots, so I am SOL.  But, next time you need a GM, give me a holler.

Jon

Quote from: Mike Powers on January 05, 2013, 08:52:38 PM
I know that you guys have just filled out your 3 open slots, so I am SOL.  But, next time you need a GM, give me a holler.

I think you'd be a great addition to FBL.

GM of the Queen City Conquerors

Domingo

Talk to Ian, there may be a spot opening up if there is interest.